Error in multiplayer

w0nder

Question

I am new to COD4. Been playing a lot of ET. Anyway, I installed the game, patched it to 1.7 and then went to multiplayer and it shuts me out, and gives me an error. Then when I try to go in again, it asks about safe mode.... The error is just saying, cannot open, yada yada, nothing about drivers, graphics, etc..

Anyone have any ideas?

Here are my system specs:

Intel i7 950 @ 3.10 ghz (8 CPU's)

9MB Ram

Nvidia Geforce GTX 285

Windows Vista Premium 64 bit

DirectX 10

1920x1080 32 bit current display (does that need to be 64 bit?)

If there are any other things you need to know I will gladly post them. Also, I am able to play single player, which is pretty fun.. I would like to come join my =F|A= brothers and sisters in our server though..

Thank you

15 answers to this question

Can u post a ss plz, oh and our 2 servers are 1.6, the scrim server is 1.7. I am just about to do a separate 1.7 install, and no there is no 64 bit displays. ktnxbai

I tried.. When I hit prntscrn and then went to paste it, there was nothing there.. It would not allow me to take a SS.. I uninstalled, reinstalled, patched to 1.6 and still same crap.

OK just one thing f|a cod4 servers are not patched 1.7 ... it's still 1.6

so if you wanna keep 1.7 and have 1.6 in the same time please follow this tutorial http://fearless-assassins.com/topic/3041-tuto-install-16-and-17/

I completely took of the 1.7 and reinstalled with 1.6.. Still same issue. Also cant get BF2 to connect to FA server either.. I know its not my PC or my internet connection because both are beasts.

iw3mp.exe has stopped working

A problem caused the program to stop working correctly.

Windows will close the program and notify you if a solution is available

(that is exact error, word for word..) I cant take a screenshot, its like half frozen up when this error occurs, which is right after I click multiplayer, or try to join a server.

I was have the problems too since a few months.

First i Updated all drivers. Nothing really happen =)

Then i closed Fraps and X-Fire, sometimes it works for me but not very often =)

I was searched the Web for answers and i find one. I played CoD with headset and the problem was gone but it sucks when you can play it only with headset so i was searching again.

I go to System - Sound - record.

Show invisible things and there it have to be "Stereomix" or something with this name. I choose it as Standard and now, for few months it works for me.

The sound is the same and my mic is working too and all the other rest like 5.1 sound.

So maybe this will fix it by you too

• Administrators

Yes this is most likely fault of the Realtek audio drivers, I have Realteak chipset onboard but thats disabled since I have a pci audio card, also if you use Fraps make sure to have latest Fraps version since I think I had a problem with that as well when I first installed COD4

Yes this is most likely fault of the Realtek audio drivers, I have Realteak chipset onboard but thats disabled since I have a pci audio card, also if you use Fraps make sure to have latest Fraps version since I think I had a problem with that as well when I first installed COD4

I do have realtek.. So what is the re-cap? I need to disable it? I do not have any other sound driver I do not think..

• Administrators

I disabled Realtek, had no sound, but then tried to see if that fixed it... NOPE... Still same error..

LAME

LOL install remote desktop and invite Joe to work on it ;)

I go to System - Sound - record.

Show invisible things and there it have to be "Stereomix" or something with this name. I choose it as Standard and now, for few months it works for me.

like i said =)