Gamin mouse under $10

VvwvV

Hey guys i found out that for wolfenstein i would need a better gaming mouse and my budget is $10... its pretty low but im not working and dont be afraid to suggest a mouse around 12 dollars also..

yes but if i sold my runescape account then i could possibly get a g400, but the thing is i dont know where to sell my account and was wondering if i could on =F|A=

Tell us a little more about what ur looking for....do u want the highest DPI for ur budget or at u looking for speed/response, programmability, precision? I took a quick look and it appears that if "gaming" is in the title, it bumps the price up, so tell us specifically what ur looking for. I played with a standard dell mouse for years and a could of years ago got a Razr mamba. Don't recall any big difference besides my ego.

yes but if i sold my runescape account then i could possibly get a g400, but the thing is i dont know where to sell my account and was wondering if i could on =F|A=

Probably not since it's technically illegal to sell RS accounts >.<

Probably not since it's technically illegal to sell RS accounts >.<

Illegal or against the software company's terms of service? :P

I really like g500's. For that price range, this Rosewill mouse may be one of your only prospects: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?SID=10OTHq8PEeGPe0btKdxlyg10f8fd&AID=10440897&PID=1225267&nm_mc=AFC-C8Junction&cm_mmc=AFC-C8Junction-_-cables-_-na-_-na&Item=N82E16826193058

Edited by TulsaGeoff

Illegal or against the software company's terms of service? :P

The latter.. Which is legally binding the second you set up an account and tick 'i agree to these terms' ;)

• Clan Friend

Before buying another cheap one, maybe test your own a bit, some time ago I had posted a little mousetest software I had written, since then I have made a 2.0 version, it's portable and no installation is required (see attachment, it's just a small executable)

TestMouse.zip

I tested 2 mice:

- logitech g5 old model (Years ago it costed me an arm and a leg, and I already replaced my mouse feet 2 times)

- microsoft optical mouse 200 (the one I use with a laptop, I think it's about 10$ worth, probably the replacement mouse feet I bought for the g5 costed me about the same amount :P)

here are the results:

G5 on glass:

glassg5.gif[/img]

- 500 hertz, I can set up to 1000, but as you can see from the uneven space between the horizontal lines, it's not really a stable 2millisec per sample.

Moving it with a circular motion there are some little spikes, not really perfect... (I don't know if there are mice who get a perfect curve, though)

G5 Malfunction speed:

malfunctiong5.gif[/img]

- Moving it reeeeally fast I managed to reach malfunction speed, as you can see from the values going crazy/negative in the picture above. I roughly calculated the speed, 201500 pixels / second at 2000 dpi are 100 inches/sec, or 2.5 meters/second. I never reach this speed when I play so who cares :P

Microsoft Optical 200 on a cheap (actually free :P) plastic mouse pad:

microsoftoptical200.gif[/img]

as you can see it's around 125Hz, but far from being stable. The curve is not that bad if compared to g5, though.

I was able to reach malfunction speed with this one too:

microsoftoptical200malf.gif[/img]

but I had probably a harder time reaching it, due to the small size of the mouse pad (or because g5 sux for lowsensers)

Last, I tried g5 at 125 hertz, it's more stable than the other one, and the curve is smoother as well, I don't know if it's due to the different pad

pic of G5 at 125Hz:

g5125hz.gif[/img]

Anyway, for a mouse that had (back then) a price 10 times higher than the other, it's not 10 times better, not even remotely. Which is normal, because you pay only for a small amount of extra performance.

The only good thing is the fact that it has more buttons, and better stock mouse feet (but I had replaced them, because they wear out with time).

So, if you are satisfied with your mouse sensor (no accelerations, high malfunction speed, etc.) and mouse buttons already, don't buy a second cheap one thinking that it will be like the difference between night and day, just because it's a 'gaming' mouse.

Maybe put some teflon tape/feet, or get a better mouse pad to get less friction, if that is your problem.

I'd be curious to see a screenshot of your mouse movement with that tool I attached.