Vent program problem - Kicked

DeathBringer*

Hello guys, before i wanted to start vent program and chat with others, but it said me that:

You have been kicked from the server. Duplicate IP's are not allowed for your account.

And i cant get in my account now, and i cant use the program.... If someone know how to fix the problem, please tell me, thnx :D

EDIT: Okay guys, no need to help me, i made another account and it works now....

Edited by DeathBringer*

Here's what I was able to dig up via google:

The duplicate IP thing happens a lot. If your connection to the Vent server drops, it will still show you in Vent, so when you try to connect again it thinks you're still there. You usually have to wait like 15-20 minutes to get back in.

Makes sure your Ventrillo Updates are current as well.

The *Application Maintenance* will give you the option to: Repair-Modify-Remove.

Try putting in the IP for the vent server instead of the host name, worked for me.

Good Luck!

Use the following steps to disable the duplicate IP filter from running on your server.

1. Log into your Ventrilo server.
  2. Right click your username and choose Admin Rights from the menu.
  3. Choose Login... from the Admin Rights menu options.
  4. Enter your Admin Password into the password box. Press the OK button once you have entered the password.
  5. You will now see a "A" beside your server name. This means you now have admin rights.
  6. Right click anywhere in the Ventrilo software window.
  7. From the menu that appears, choose Server Admin.
  8. From the Server Admin submenu, choose User Editor... and a new window will appear.
  9. In the new window, choose (Guest) from the left side under Current Users.
  10. Now click the Network tab along the top.
  11. Near the bottom of the Network settings page you will see an option marked Duplicate IP's. Change the option from "Do not allow duplicates" to "No limit".
  12. Now press the Update button and then the Close button!

Repeat with any usernames you might have in the User Editor.

Enjoy.

I was able to play music in the music channel with a vent bot using two connections.

Admins had problems in the past with trolls connecting 10000000 times. so they limited the IPs to 1 per connection.

Is what I know about that. its a server side setting and nothing to do with vent itself

e: also don't make another account, no need. just ask admin with rights to kick your lagged out self. or wait for about 10 mins for it to time out

Edited by cTRL-EquaniMity
  • Like 1

• Administrators

I was able to play music in the music channel with a vent bot using two connections.

Admins had problems in the past with trolls connecting 10000000 times. so they limited the IPs to 1 per connection.

Is what I know about that. its a server side setting and nothing to do with vent itself

e: also don't make another account, no need. just ask admin with rights to kick your lagged out self. or wait for about 10 mins for it to time out

+1 to what he said. I might look up on the lag kick.. if I can find some setting for it then i will change it to 3-5 mins or so.

Same happens to me all the time. Lose connection, and have to wait an eternity to connect to the server because my ghost is hogging my IP in the vent server. Can never find anyone on Vent to help out :| Hardly see anyone with admin on vent. Is there a way to kick the player in there already with your IP when you connect again? Like in Xfire when you log in from somewhere else it logs you out of the other instance?

• Administrators

Same happens to me all the time. Lose connection, and have to wait an eternity to connect to the server because my ghost is hogging my IP in the vent server. Can never find anyone on Vent to help out :| Hardly see anyone with admin on vent. Is there a way to kick the player in there already with your IP when you connect again? Like in Xfire when you log in from somewhere else it logs you out of the other instance?

I will set up you with vent admin if u are vent regular. Hit me up on shoutbox when u are around...

I will set up you with vent admin if u are vent regular. Hit me up on shoutbox when u are around...

I am on Vent right now.

• 1 month later...
  • Administrators

Yep, happens quite regularly for everyone that uses vent. Most of the time I can tough it out for about 10 to 15 minutes and then I am able to reconnect again.

Around what time u are on vent? I will try to catch u and krayzie up and set up u guys as admin with no IP limit on u accounts. This way u peeps can help others while they lag out.

• Like 2

Around what time u are on vent? I will try to catch u and krayzie up and set up u guys as admin with no IP limit on u accounts. This way u peeps can help others while they lag out.

You have set me up.

Kris, I am nornally on when i get off work pm mountain time. If this happens to you, just message me on Xfire and I can kick your second login.