How About a Map Where Everyone Has the Same Weapon

Devastator

Thanks for all the comments, I seems a lot of you would welcome a same weapons map as part of a rotation or special events map, and for those of you who think it would get boring, remember it is only for one map or special events weekends so it shouldn't be boring, especially if they also change with weapon everyone gets, I also see this as a free for all vs. team deathmatch.

• Like 1

It would be interesting to have the random map in the rotation. Maybe the map stays the same but the weapons change once in a while. They don't have to be long. Everyone stays on the server even though comments about wetworks always pop up. That is a massive grenade fest.

• 2 weeks later...

I think a Knife-Pistol-Shotgun map as a special event would be absolutely awesome. I'm undecided whether throwing in nades or keeping them out would be good too, any ideas?

I'm prolly coming to this discussion late... but I've been an advocate for this for awhile... I'd like to see something where we restrict nades and helicopters.. or possibly the occasional rotated map where it is sniper rifles, pistols and knives... I think the game strategy would definitely evolve to forcing teams to work together and hold an area, without having the benefit of spray and pray

• Like 1

I'm prolly coming to this discussion late... but I've been an advocate for this for awhile... I'd like to see something where we restrict nades and helicopters.. or possibly the occasional rotated map where it is sniper rifles, pistols and knives... I think the game strategy would definitely evolve to forcing teams to work together and hold an area, without having the benefit of spray and pray

Exactly, except I really like using a shotty in that senario also. If you can get close enough to a sniper filled position with uav, well now, thats just fun! :yeye

Anyway, you can't enforce it with our mods anyway (unless creating it unranked, which we don't want), but it's a nice idea.

I felt the need to quote myself. This is *NOT* possible on our current servers.

And perhaps a second quote.

That could be fun, but not to the point of creating a special server ... Like others said, during events that would be nice

A special server for this is *NOT* possible, I haven't seen two people here who agree upon classes.

Great idea, but we cannot use it.

Exactly, except I really like using a shotty in that senario also. If you can get close enough to a sniper filled position with uav, well now, thats just fun! :yeye

So... to belabor the point... you can't setup specific maps to be shotties, knives, and pistols only? Nothing else? Except cunning, luck and fine whiskey?

UGH@!$Q@#% :spank

In some sense it is, but then you'd have to kick everyone using a different weapon (like with marty/gl today on HC1.6). That is not a serious option. Secondly, I doubt you can change it per map with our current admin mod (although *that* could be solved with a lot of development).

I think a Knife-Pistol-Shotgun map as a special event would be absolutely awesome. I'm undecided whether throwing in nades or keeping them out would be good too, any ideas?

Definitely need nades! It's the only way I get kills. Hell, let's have a nades only map :)

Awwwww. :cry It is a great idea anyway. :embrass Too bad the logistics won't cooperate. We always have the option to game within the game. B) By that I mean, a group of us simply decide to mplay that style with whatever we choose for weapons, despite what everyone else is doing on the server at the moment. We've done that a few times and had fun. It's not as awesome as it could be if everyone had to do it, but it is still fun. :clap: