New PC Build

Novice

So an old friend desperately needed a new PC, actually called me around 11PM told me "I will pick it up in the morning" made me an awesome offer I could not resist so I sold my old PC last week.

Used the same money to buy this new PC, still need to get a Dedicated Video card but the on the board works just as fine if not better for now than my old one. Also I am not really liking this new keyboard, might go back to my old one will give it a few more days and see.

OLD:

• AMD Phenom II X2 550 Black Edition Callisto 3.1GHz
  • ASUS M4A785-M AM3/AM2+/AM2 AMD 785G HDMI Micro ATX
  • Crucial 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 1066
  • Western Digital Caviar Blue WD3200AAKX 320GB 7200 RPM 16MB Cache SATA 6.0Gb/s 3.5
  • NVIDIA GeForce 9800 GT

NEW:

* Everything in bold came as a combo deal, saved around $60 bucks was a good enough deal.

qFYmG.jpg

kZqRQ.jpg

qu3OJ.jpg

qLX3T.jpg

FQJMG.jpg

JurQE.jpg

rfiSS.jpg

bdQPr.jpg

• Like 1

No graffic card i gues for gaming most important ^^ ?

I only play ET right now, hopefully in the next few weeks I can order a card so I can play BF3. The integrated one is better than the dedicated one I was using previously, seems to be working decently right now. but yes indeed I need one, soon soon :D

well nice computer.. but u should buyt the graffic card.... onboard never help... just for run W7 o ET... at least u need 1 external graffic card to run it at 100%. Just s tip. Anyway nice computer ^^ and congratz for it ^^

with the money u got on selling the old pc and same for buying new pc is awesome dude.u got very good pc,i like it.ya you should get a dedicated external video card.

560 $139+shipping after rebate:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?SID=gAa2MGnwEeGtjVLcST-z5A0&AID=10440897&PID=1225267&nm_mc=AFC-C8Junction&cm_mmc=AFC-C8Junction-_-cables-_-na-_-na&Item=N82E16814121466

I'm not a fan of green series harddrives for anything other than backup. They tend to be towards the slower end of the spectrum. It will be a nice beast after you get some video power.

How do you like the FX 6100 amd cpu? I just put it in my new computer too.

I like it, its pretty dang fast coming from a old amd xp 3100 but I would have gone for i5 or i7 maybe?

but no extra money to buy the intel one.

Dan

I was definitely considering going the i5 route, although it's only a quad core, the benchmarks i read put it right up there with the FX series. Ultimate decision was cost for me, I could not get a configuration to work with my budget.

I can't really compare the CPU as I came from the AMD Phenom II X2 550 Black Edition Callisto 3.1GHz, which is pretty much the same as this one in terms of speed etc... The CPU is working great however, no issues yet, with the cpu cooler i mentioned above it's running at 22-32 C pretty nice.

Nice yeah just for me I had bad ram, and was gettign blue screens, but now its running good. I 'm back on ET !!!! wahoo! The FX 6100 is pretty good, I tryed to find a 1100 t or 1095 t black but just priced like 300 dollars on ebay. too much!

• Like 1

And I so I did last year with my old PC. I sold and the money I took from it, I put money difference and I made a new piece. :)