2 little problems :/

Olykiller

I cant find any etkey in my etmain map or other maps. and the weirdest thing off all: my xp gets saved (on jay)

maybe i should copy my etkey from old pc ?

everytime i connect to a serv i need to do /vid_restart because otherwise my vid settings are wrong

i use my cfg from old pc. there i had geforce 7200. In my cfg i had the cmd: r_lastvalidrenderer geforce 7200 blabla

now ive not a seperate video card. the vid card i have now is on my motherboard (Gigabyte H67M-D2-B3).

i now just removed the r_last.. line in my cfg. but thats wrong i guess.

Edited by Olykiller

I suggest to copy your ETkey from your old computer. There might be some issues with that now, because sometimes Jaymod saves a etkey extension in one of the profile folders you have made and it won't be easy to locate.

As to the Vid_Restart, reinstall ET and after that use your cfg without vid settings and set them yourself while in game.

• Clan Friend

before reinstalling et, try to just copy the default etconfig over the one in your profile folder. And maybe remove all the 'profiles' folders from every mod (make a backup before, even though it shouldn't be necessary)

removing something from the config is ok, it should be overwritten with the new

i wanted to reinstall et

so first remove et, but funny thing, according to software list, ET is not installed -.-

prolly has something to do with windows 7

where i download ET for windows 7 32bit?

E: first i downloaded on wolffiles.de but ive no idea if there is special version of ET for win7

Edited by Olykiller

I didn't need any special versions of the ET installer for win7 x64. Just used the standard installer.

If you install to the "program files" folder i think that UAC prevents writing there unless you run as admin.

Maybe your etkey resides in the "virtual store" folder because of that?.

"c:\Users\username\AppData\Local\VirtualStore\"

You could try installing to the root of C:\ maybe? like "C:\Wolfenstein - Enemy Territory".

Personally i just turn off UAC all together as it's to much of a hassle for me.

ye ive some problems with that admin thing.

but i dont know anything about admin rights thing, my dad does, ill let him take a look at it

turing UAC (what does it mean?) down seems good solution

i installed ET again and now i have etkey :o , problem is that it was 2.55 version and for some shitreason with admin thing, i cant patch to 2.6b

so i uninstalled again and am dl full version of et now.

E: installed full version, now ive again no ETkey, and /pb_cdkeyreg doesnt work

Edited by Olykiller

UAC stands for "User Account Control".

Instead of running the installer or patch by double clicking, try to right click the file and choose "run as admin".

Also, after installing, you can edit you shortcut to ET by right clicking it and choosing properties.

Then go to the "shortcut" tab and click advanced.

Then select "run as administrator".

Not 100% sure that will work becasue i don't use UAC at all. ;)

ok i can connect to jay1

got the etkey from old pc

only problem is that i cant edit my CFG cuz of admin rights

but thats a problem for my dad, he fixed it before he can do it again

hopefully it workes out now

I had Problems like that with W7 too (thats why i use XP again lol). My Problem was that the OS hide the etkey and have it safed in a different folder than etmain, so i cant even searcc it.

A et-friend of me solved the problem. If you want, i can ask him again where to find in W7.

its alright sina, i got etkey from old pc, thats fixed now :)

also i can edit my cfg now, messed a bit with settings of admin rights (had no idea what i was doing but ok i can edit now)

i understand why ET is dying, takes you ages to install :P