Wolfenstein

Crasher

Boring game. Original RTCW was much better.

They copied the "Astral Plane" from the game "Prey", where you are a Native American abducted by aliens. Only it was more believable in Prey. They used this game concept in the 2009 Wolfenstein as "The Veil" where everything turns bluish and slowed down so you can shoot your enemies in slow motion. Completely unoriginal concept.

They had the same game concept in "Doom 3: Resurrection of Evil", where you get an alien artifact that lets you slow down time.

I was actually excited about this game before it came out. I borrowed it from a friend to see if I wanted to buy it.

Then I was like "wtf this is just a copy of Prey and Doom 3, based on RTCW". Early in the game, I got stuck on this stupid bridge that I could not jump over. After ten minutes of trying to get over it and looking for the little trick that I knew had to be somewhere, I thought "this game isn't fun, this is just dumb". I uninstalled it and never played it again.

I'm sure you can find a used copy very, very cheaply on Ebay or Amazon lol.

Other than the nogalistic cutscene in that trailer, it looks exactly like a copy of call of duty and medal of honor. And why is BJ wearing a leather jacket? Where's his US uniform? And why is he talking?

Also the MP40 looks exactly like the mp40 in call of duty 2. LOL.

Other than the nogalistic cutscene in that trailer, it looks exactly like a copy of call of duty and medal of honor. And why is BJ wearing a leather jacket? Where's his US uniform? And why is he talking?

Also the MP40 looks exactly like the mp40 in call of duty 2. LOL.

Actually there were cutscenes like that in the original RTCW, where BJ is talking to the old guy behind the desk about what occult stuff he found and what it all means.

Yeah I noticed that too about the mp40 looking just like the one from COD2. It looks like a blatant copy of the weapon image from one game to the other lol.

• 3 months later...

Revival question:

I want to get a WW2 game (prefably Wolfenstein based) for this summer, and I've watched the trailers + gameplay and I think its not bad.

I haven't played any other FPS post-2003 (W:ET is the newest one I play), although I have played COD on a friend's console.

What I want to know is:

Are the graphics as good as the gameplay?

PC platform good/buggy/laggy/compatability problems?

Is it fun in the respect you can repeat the game over and over without getting bored?

I realise the "unoriginal" concept has been criticised.

Currently, I can get a copy on the internet for around £4. Worth it?

My brother had it, I played it, before I started playing ET. Because I didn't now another Wolfenstein game, I really enjoyed it, but I don't know if I'd like to play it now.

its not bad. it seems a bit slow/sluggish tho. the response time between key/mouse and the game seem to be off. like i may click the mouse to shoot and then press 'C' to crouch behind cover and end up shootin what im hidin behind -_- wth....i wanted to shoot out of cover and then crouch....but the game itself seems pretty cool.

its not bad. it seems a bit slow/sluggish tho. the response time between key/mouse and the game seem to be off. like i may click the mouse to shoot and then press 'C' to crouch behind cover and end up shootin what im hidin behind -_- wth....i wanted to shoot out of cover and then crouch....but the game itself seems pretty cool.

Yeah PC games gameplay is so off these days. Mainly ports from consoles to PC, at least every game feels like this.

The game wasn´t bad but nothing special also. Wolf 3d->RTCW->Wolfenstein. In latter one there wasnt such mg in the hand rambo style neither suspence of zombies like in RTCW. But average FPS though.