I cannot save changes to any .cfg changes in et main

OpsVixen

RE:  

I know the problem he is having I am having the exact same problem which I never did in the cfgs in rtcw. No matter what changes I make \. I have tried all the above rec....I did them all the time in the old rtcw so it is not that I do not know how to make cfg changes and put them in Main.

The problem is, even when I make an auto exec.cfg file, or name it Anything else, as long as it ends with .cfg it Will NOT allow me to make changes to those files, or the original etconfig.cfg.

It consistently wants me to save the altered file .cfg file somewhere other than the ET Main file.

OS 10  Please Help!

on top of that, even though I keep removing the autoexec.cfg, or anyname.cfg it always adds .txt and wont save it in main either.

thx,

Ops

take this file https://fearless-assassins.com/files/file/774-enemy-territory-full-version/

install it to your desktop

Then take your etkey out of C:\Program Files (x86)\Wolfenstein - Enemy Territory\etmain

place it in yourfolder desktop Wolfenstein - Enemy Territory\etmain 

right click on et.exe in the wolfet folder and create a short cut on the desktop

then move that folder you made any where on the system and it will work from there

this might be a user/groups issue with group policies the desktop is the user/group directory

• Like 1

Is your ET installation located in a program files folder? Try move it out of C:\Program Files or C:\Program Files (x86) to C:\. The path should look like this C:\Wolfenstein - Enemy Territory if you're using the normal version of ET. Also make sure you're running the game as administrator by checking properties and going to the compatibility tab.

• Thanks 1

Hi OpsVixen,

Right Click the folder Wolfenstein - Enemy Territory > Properties > Security > Advanced. If it isn't already, change the Owner to the account that your currently using or you can select an account group such as Administrators for convenience. From the previous menu Edit the Security Preferences for that account or group to have Full Control. If the problem persists search for Command Prompt and run As Administrator.

cd C:\"Program Files (x86)"

takeown /f "Wolfenstein - Enemy Territory" /r /d y

Follow any prompts given and that should resolve the issue. If it doesn't you can always give Full Control to the Users group (unfortunately it will set the permissions back automatically). Search for File Explorer Options > View > Uncheck Hide extensions for known file types. This will display the .txt that you're seeing so that .cfg is the file extension instead of part the name.

Regards,

Arkinder

Edited by Arkinder
  • Like 1
  • 100 1

• 8 months later...