ET Mod for free camera (replay)

Young Fox

Hello,
I talk about it in the subject or I share my videos
I wanted to know if a mod was available to "detach" the camera from the player, to take several shots
I wanted to know if we could also hide the HUD (only in read mode)
I precise it was for video editing: in compilations, take a player "outside", could make the video more complete, more beautiful!

I've been told about Wolfcam and Demoviewer, but I do not think he has the option desired,
at least I do not know how to do it.

Thanks ! 

When you are in spec you can press the space bar in order to fly around and watch the match, that is what you were hoping to do?

It may not work for all mods but try

/freecam

/cg_draw2d 0

/cg_drawgun 0 (might be needed)

I also use imageET to render my videos into screenshots and then virtual dub to sequence it into a .avi 

I don't think it's totally necessary.

But ImageET let's me capture at 60-100 fps very easily but it's incredibly taxing on my computer.

Capturing 100 screenshots @ 4+ MB per photo for every second of footage XD

USE OBS! omg if you can run obs do it. Considerably better quality

I can't seem to get it to work and definitely can't capture demo playback with it

My computer hates me

• Like 1

ETL 2.76 has 

freecam               ETPro    Client    Enables extended-demo-viwer freecam? off/on
freecamgetpos    ETPro    Client    Maybe gets the co-ordinates for freecamsetpos?
freecamsetpos    ETPro    Client    Set co-ordinates for freecam (movie-making stuff)

https://dev.etlegacy.com/projects/etlegacy/wiki/List_of_Commands

This was designed for ETPro running ETTV these functions are available in that mod as so with ETL

Im no expert but recording demo's on servers with different mods will not be compatible with ETL unless the server is running ETL even after transferring .dm_84 because they will be written in a different format naturally ETTV was available with 2.55 x86 .exe when it first came out many years this has slipped my mind but that's what I think

But can confirm /freecam /freecamgetpos and /freecamsetpos does work with in ETL but sense I haven't seen a server running ETL Im optimistic

Try your luck recording in a ETPro server it's what it was designed for if not mistaken some .dm_84 are backwards compatible with other mods except Jaymod this is thinking back 15 years so best I can do cause sense then mods have changed and their probably not compatible any more

Also can confirm Jaymod doesn't support this neither does WolfET 2.60 you will be limited on options with this playback

You can get the list of cvar's used for ETPro demo playbacks from here https://fearless-assassins.com/enemy-territory-cvars.html/ press f3 and search for demo and freecam

ETTV is probably not used any more this was for players to stream while playing on ETPro

Edited by DoubleDragon
  • Thanks 1

• Administrators

Wasn't their video recording configs for different mods? Where you can disable HUD and everything? 

There might be but probably best to /bind your own keys to make your self use to them

This is all I know about movie making of a et demo https://fearless-assassins.com/files/file/1837-quake-movie-maker/

You can always record with any desktop recorder but making a movie from a demo that Im not expert on but know of the above have used it

Hi the team! Thank you for your answers!

14 hours ago, Achilles90 said:

When you are in spec you can press the space bar in order to fly around and watch the match, that is what you were hoping to do?

It may not work for all mods but try

/freecam

/cg_draw2d 0

/cg_drawgun 0 (might be needed)

So first of all, I precise that it will be for Jaymod, then I tried your orders, but it does not work (in demo mode)

Thank you for your link @DoubleDragon, but suddenly it only works in ETPro, is that it? There is not a mod similar to this one but for Jaymod? 

There is N!tmod 2.3.1 and replaying it with ETL 2.76 sorry didn't test all of the mods available just the one's I know to date that are most recently used for testing 

Once you record on the mod your going to have to pull the Demo_0000.dm.84 file out of C:\Users\%username%\OneDrive\Documents\ETLegacy\nitmod\demos

And place it in C:\Users\%username%\OneDrive\Documents\ETLegacy\legacy\demos you may have to create the folder in etmain called demos if you don't have one

I only tested the 3 commands that are available for ETL 2.76 because the rest is for ETPro Mod

Your not going to be able to use Jaymod because the commands are unknown and the file format is written in a different format and the playback has errrors when pulls demo's out of jaymod and putting them into etmain/demos

I tested on Jaymod 2.2.0, Silent 0.9.0, NQ 1.2.9 and only found replays usable through Nitmod 2.3.1 to ETL 2.76

WolfET 2.60 doesn't recognize the commands

I added the wrong directory to add demos it goes in legacy not etmain

Edited by DoubleDragon
  • Like 1

I'll try and see if it's possible to convert the dm_84 created by jaymod from the format it creates to default dm_84 not to confuse you jaymod's format is technically dm_94

No go on the convert two different formats can't just change code manually

Tried wolfcam bad entity 94 number it crashes using jaymod demo wolfcam also only supported for etpro mod

Demoviewer doesn't have freecam command either

your going to be stuck with limited options ETL or ETPro unless you spend the time recording on different mods and swapping them to legacy demos folder to replay freecam 

or find the ETx86.exe 2.55 that can read command freecam this would be the cd version when it first came out for windows xp sp1