Iceland - Exploring

L3ftY.

Wasn't sure exactly where to post this, but this seemed the most likely...

Has anyone ever been to Iceland, travelled and stayed at a BNB or rented an RV? what are the expectations like ? what didn't you expect?  anything will help...

I am going in a few month and was looking for any advice or tips  :)

• Like 1
  • Love 1

Have always wanted to go there, had an exchange friend from there at high school, among all the things he told me about his country like weather or food he made me aware of the volcanic origins in some islands and Iceland is one of them, they got some waterfalls and geothermal spas. Im sure you will get beautiful sights.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 7/14/2019 at 10:00 PM, L3ftY. said:

Wasn't sure exactly where to post this, but this seemed the most likely...

Has anyone ever been to Iceland, travelled and stayed at a BNB or rented an RV? what are the expectations like ? what didn't you expect?  anything will help...

I am going in a few month and was looking for any advice or tips  :)

Hope to be in time; I've been there a few years ago. What would you like to know? What kind of activities you like? And what period are you going?

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Aaaargh said:

Hope to be in time; I've been there a few years ago. What would you like to know? What kind of activities you like? And what period are you going?

the food...mainly.  not sure about eating sheepshead soup among other delicacies, but hey ill try anything once. going in march which ive heard is not so busy time of year. renting a sleeper rv to get around in. 

what other kind of activities are there besides watching the snow melt and geysers explode?