Pre-downloads?

Soda08

Hey ya'll! This is nothing urgent, but I was curious if there was any way I could download all of the required files (like maps and whatnot) for the F|A JAyMod server and then install them in my ET folder? Sometimes when I have to download a map via the game itself it can take up to fifteen minutes, which really puts a damper on my gaming groove. I understand that 1) this isn't possible or 2) it's somewhere else on this website. If someone would mind explaining to me where this is or let me know this can't be done, I'd appreciate it!

Thanks,

Zach Speck

Hi Soda!! Click here to acces the map download section Maps   <---

i think something wrong with your ingame download as usually it only take a few seconds to dl the new map .

This is the actual jay 1 / recruiting server map rotation

supplydepot2, 0, 64,
et_mor2_night_final, 0, 64,
caen2, 0, 64,
fueldump, 10, 54,
fa_goldrush_b2, 0, 64,
mlb_hotchkiss, 28, 54,
venice_ne4, 0, 64,
sp_delivery_te, 0, 40,
pirates, 0, 64,
capuzzo, 12, 52,
et_beach, 0, 64,
fa_italy_b3, 0, 64,
kerkyra, 0, 64,
warbell, 0, 64,
fa_bremen_final, 0, 64,
adlernest, 0, 40,
radar, 0, 38,
etdo1, 24, 64,
glider, 0, 32,
supply_pro, 0, 64,
teuthonia_final, 0, 44,
braundorf_final, 0, 30,
mml_minastirith_fp3, 34, 64,
river_port, 0, 64,
snatch3, 0, 54,
UJE_00, 26, 64,
sw_oasis_b3, 0, 64,
castleattack_b5, 30, 64,
eagles_2ways_b3, 12, 36,
mlb_temple, 18, 36,
trmfght_beta2, 24, 64,
etdo6, 36, 64,
bba0-beta2, 26, 64,
battery, 0, 32,
tc_base, 0, 28,

(i give you the jay 1 rotation cuz i saw you there earlier, if you need more let me know)

Edited by Eazy
  • Thanks 1
  • 100 1

Have you try

/cl_allowdownload 

/cl_wwwDownload 1

in your console?  I think it s a setting probleme that make you download slow. It should really be only a few seconds per map . 

or you go to the menu , 

Options > Game > Downloads:

Get missing files from the server [Yes]

Use HTTP/FTP downloads [Yes]

If theses steps don t work , you download the files from the link i shared you , and you put the pk3 file into your etmain folder.

Edited by Eazy
  • Like 1

21 minutes ago, Soda08 said:

Thanks so much, Eazy! I appreciate your help. How would I install these?

Just place them in Etmain folder mate....done.

As others have said though it should only take a few seconds to download a map, 15 min is probably @ 10-15KB so turn http/ftp downloads ON which can be found Settings-->Game.

Edited by Snuffs99
  • Like 1

Excellent tips, gentlemen, thank you! I unfortunately have had both my http and FTP settings turned to "YES" (e.g. on), so that's not the problem. However, I did put both of those commands Eazy gave me in to the console. Hopefully that helps!

Also, how often does the JayMod 1 server update maps? I'd like to know because I'd love to just download and install it manually if it's predictable.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Soda08 said:

Excellent tips, gentlemen, thank you! I unfortunately have had both my http and FTP settings turned to "YES" (e.g. on), so that's not the problem. However, I did put both of those commands Eazy gave me in to the console. Hopefully that helps!

Also, how often does the JayMod 1 server update maps? I'd like to know because I'd love to just download and install it manually if it's predictable.

Server is updated regualy but it mostly stay the same , DD add a few maps and take out a few . 

On 4/6/2019 at 6:04 PM, Eazy said:

Hi Soda!! Click here to acces the map download section Maps   <---

i think something wrong with your ingame download as usually it only take a few seconds to dl the new map .

This is the actual jay 1 / recruiting server map rotation

supplydepot2, 0, 64,
et_mor2_night_final, 0, 64,
caen2, 0, 64,
fueldump, 10, 54,
fa_goldrush_b2, 0, 64,
mlb_hotchkiss, 28, 54,
venice_ne4, 0, 64,
sp_delivery_te, 0, 40,
pirates, 0, 64,
capuzzo, 12, 52,
et_beach, 0, 64,
fa_italy_b3, 0, 64,
kerkyra, 0, 64,
warbell, 0, 64,
fa_bremen_final, 0, 64,
adlernest, 0, 40,
radar, 0, 38,
etdo1, 24, 64,
glider, 0, 32,
supply_pro, 0, 64,
teuthonia_final, 0, 44,
braundorf_final, 0, 30,
mml_minastirith_fp3, 34, 64,
river_port, 0, 64,
snatch3, 0, 54,
UJE_00, 26, 64,
sw_oasis_b3, 0, 64,
castleattack_b5, 30, 64,
eagles_2ways_b3, 12, 36,
mlb_temple, 18, 36,
trmfght_beta2, 24, 64,
etdo6, 36, 64,
bba0-beta2, 26, 64,
battery, 0, 32,
tc_base, 0, 28,

(i give you the jay 1 rotation cuz i saw you there earlier, if you need more let me know)

So I've been doing a little bit of research, and the following maps are the ones that I don't have in my ETmain folder. However, I remember playing some of them on the server. For example, Battery and Fueldump I know I've played. Perhaps they are somewhere else in my ET directory? I assume these are the basic maps that come with ET, as I see them all the time on other servers.

Additionally, etdo1 and etdo6 are not available for download (at least as far as I can find). 

The following that are underlined are the ones that I do not have, but have a similar .pk3 for. Next to them is the name of the .pk3 that I do have. The simply bolded are the ones that I cannot find available for download but assume come with ET.

What do ya'll think? Have I gotten all the maps downloaded that I need to not stress about this until the next time the map rotation changes?

fueldump, 10, 54,

capuzzo, 12, 52,------------------------capuzzo_final.pk3    

radar, 0, 38,

etdo1, 24, 64,---------------------------etdo_f2.pk3

glider, 0, 32,----------------------------glider_302.pk3

river_port, 0, 64,-----------------------river_port_b1.pk3

snatch3, 0, 54,--------------------------snatch3_fixed.pk3

etdo6, 36, 64,---------------------------etdo_f2.pk3

battery, 0, 32,

Thank ya'll for all the help, by the way. I appreciate you taking the time.

Edited by Soda08

Hey Soda,

some of the maps you are searching can be downloaded and some not because are buit in the game itself.

Fueldump, radar, battery are part of the game so you don't have to download them.

Etdo is a particular maps set;  etdo_f2.pk3 contains 7 maps inside, from etdo1 to etdo6 and etdotj ... you have only to download one package (etdo_f2.pk3)  and not the separated maps.

Glider can be downloaded here:

Hope it helps a little bit :)

Technical add:

The reason why you see different names from the pk3 file than the first name is because the package inside contain the compiled map with a different name with the extension .bsp.

So the package glider_302.pk3 contain inside glider.bsp which is the name that the server needs to run it.

Edited by Old Owl
I forgot the main point
  • Like 2
  • 100 1