Just Curious

JohnnyColorado

Long story short...
today I have finally received my first TK complaint on Hardcore.  

Complaint Filed against you for Team-Killing - You have lost XP!

So, now I have a few questions.  
1) How much XP do you lose?  

2) After (X) amount of complaints, what happens?

3) Do these go away?  I have been vigilant to not get any and would like to maintain my spotless record.

I have tried to look through the forums but I haven't found anything on this.  Any info would be greatly appreciated :)  

Thank you in advance :) 

-JColo

• Like 1

• Platinum VIP

I know in my experience on other servers, it wasn't much, like 50 points and I think after 32 complaints, it was kick and yes, they go away in most cases, when you exit the game. F!A Settings may be different. But Johnny, if you were team killer, Admin would be watching you. Some people just don't understand accidents and do the complaint because they're so butt hurt.

• Like 2
  • Love 1

• Platinum VIP
2 hours ago, JohnnyColorado said:

Long story short...

3) Do these go away?  I have been vigilant to not get any and would like to maintain my spotless record.

I have tried to look through the forums but I haven't found anything on this.  Any info would be greatly appreciated :)  

-JColo

Dude, I just played a few maps on Hardcore. It's retarded that anyone would complain because the team killing is just stupid

• Love 1

3 hours ago, JohnnyColorado said:

Long story short...

-JColo

At least in ETPro, you lose 3 XP. I assume silEnT is the same. After a lot of complaints, you'll be kicked, but you should be able to reconnect immediately. Don't worry about it at all, as long as you're not teamkilling intentionally you should never have a problem. I'm amazed that you went this long without a single complaint!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1)  So not much XP :)  Somewhere between 3-50 XP

2)  You only get a kick.  I'm glad to hear you can reconnect again.  I was concerned about auto banning or something like that.

3)  Glad to hear they go away after some time.  

It's been a year and yes I have tried my hardest to not TK.  I take pride in not shooting my teammates.  That's the main reason I love the hardcore server is because it's the only one with Friendly Fire.  :)  I have to admit I was slightly butt-hurt seeing that red text pop up.  I generally don't file complaints myself and usually team chat and tell them "its ok, just keep killing :)"  or something like that.  I would only file a complaint if someone deliberately killed me and kept doing so maybe 3+ times.  I'm just happy to know I won't be temp banned or whatever.  That's another reason I really don't file is because I don't want people to get booted for what's usually an accident.  I run around a lot throwing ammo and I usually end up crossing peoples sectors of fire.  So most of the times when I get TK'd I usually feel like it's my fault.

Thank you all for the info.  I can rest better now.  :)  

Edited by JohnnyColorado
grammatical errors
  • Like 6

• Platinum VIP

Same here, which is habit from playing ETPro to not shoot teammates, but sometimes accidentally bleeding someone just happens. BTW, I'm going to start playing on HC more often. ETPro is starting to get more support again and I need to practice.

• Love 1

teamkilling happens  it's not that big of a deal on a server like hardcore however  if your seen doing it  for no other reason then just to do it  good chance is a admin is going to give you a warning must of the time it's a open chat warning  with just watch the tk however if you keep doing it then !warning is giving and that does  go away but not as fast  not really sure how long them !warning last  

3 warning and you get auto kicked for ever warning   you get to many of this and  piss off one of the high lvl admins you can get up with a  24hr to 7 day ban normally however we do have the tk trolls who have been banned or  kicked a number of times  over  a long or short  time that end up with a 30 to a prem ban on HC  so this are things to watch out for  :)

i hope that helps with  your ? i know it's not  exactly what you asked for but it's good to know   

• Like 1

• Platinum VIP
On 2/16/2019 at 9:27 PM, -=HipKat=- said:

I know in my experience on other servers, it wasn't much, like 50 points and I think after 32 complaints, it was kick and yes, they go away in most cases, when you exit the game. F!A Settings may be different. But Johnny, if you were team killer, Admin would be watching you. Some people just don't understand accidents and do the complaint because they're so butt hurt.

Dude, this keybooard.... OMG, I should have read this before I posted it. 5 points - not 50, 3 complaints - not 32 :P

Edited by -=HipKat=-

Complaint can actually be turned off by each and every player, while yes its good to have the option when there is a player that tk's a lot on purpose you find those players are reported on forums anyway.....So IMHO as 99% of tk's tend to be totally accidental i've always had the stance that only noobs even have complaint turned on. You find it gets used out of pettiness and frustration most of the time, hence why i say only noobs even have it turned on.

Edited by Snuffs99
  • 100 1