Fallout Radio Mod

kdoto

i was browsing youtube for computer stuff and i came across this fallout radio case mod that this person made. thought i would share this video with yall

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lGjvRrEJNnQ&videos=Vo_Zq8si0SQhttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Av42nqwF6U&videos=Xb4hqBvDLSA

i recommend that you subscribe to this guy. he has some pretty good vids, and his setup is awesome

• Administrators

That's a really neat case mod, but sadly that Radio restored in working order would fare a better value than the bare computer.

I agree, it tears my heart seeing an old radio being used for a computer case.

I bet theres 10x more oldie radio cases out there than there are working parts to put in them. All the parts are destined for failure.

The case is very smeaxy and its rather ironic how it's a radio case for Fallout since Tesla is mentioned quite a few times in that game :P

• Administrators

I bet theres 10x more oldie radio cases out there than there are working parts to put in them. All the parts are destined for failure.

I think you mean the other way around. There are 10x more working parts (caps, resistors, Mil tubes) for old radio chassis especially today's electronic components which do wonders in older equipment. You'd be surprised at what 7 dollars worth of replacement electronic components could do to bring back an antique radio to decent operation operation. A Silvertone 1936 Console radio took me about 25 dollars worth of resistors and capacitors to bring back to safe operational performance.

Isn't that what old Mac's are for.....no wait. That's for using as a fishtank.

front-1854.jpg

Still, thats' a damn shame about that radio.

I want that damn fishtank lol

I think you mean the other way around. There are 10x more working parts (caps, resistors, Mil tubes) for old radio chassis especially today's electronic components which do wonders in older equipment. You'd be surprised at what 7 dollars worth of replacement electronic components could do to bring back an antique radio to decent operation operation. A Silvertone 1936 Console radio took me about 25 dollars worth of resistors and capacitors to bring back to safe operational performance.

I thought the tubes were harder to find than pixies. For 25$ I am quite amazed :) and interested :D

I want that damn fishtank lol

Your fish would die of shame