Surface Book (original)

Symfony

I just bought a refurbished Surface Book since my Dell XPS 13 died on me the other day. It will mostly be used for work and possibly art.

Specs are: Core i5/8GB RAM/128GB Storage (SSD)

I believe if I take the screen off, I can upgrade the SSD to a larger size, but for now the 128GB should be okay. In terms of features, I really like the extended battery life with the base and the possibility to add a dGPU with a second base. I like the pen and tablet capability especially for drawing, and "tent mode" which is essentially tablet mode but with the keyboard attached (extra battery life).

Attached are some photos I took, one comparing to my 2012 MacBook Pro for size. (The surface book is much lighter)

post-15497-0-71186200-1518927391_thumb.jpgpost-15497-0-86138700-1518927400_thumb.jpgpost-15497-0-95606200-1518927408_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

It would be an arduous task, but the Surface Book has a replaceable M.2 SSD indeed. https://www.ifixit.com/Teardown/Microsoft+Surface+Book+Teardown/51972
I've been looking at getting one- seems like they'd be quite well built and versatile.

It would be an arduous task, but the Surface Book has a replaceable M.2 SSD indeed. https://www.ifixit.com/Teardown/Microsoft+Surface+Book+Teardown/51972

I've been looking at getting one- seems like they'd be quite well built and versatile.

yeah, I took a look at the ifixit page before I bought it, I'm not sure I'll ever really need it but i think I could pull it off if i needed to. ill probably go hunting for the performance base before replacing the ssd.