California fires: Deadly wildfires sweep through wine country

Leatherface

This year has been really hard for the United States. I was hoping the best for CA after their drought ended last year since our own RedBaird and some of family lives there... but it's no easier.

Wildfires have been rampant in Western and Central Washington (where I live), causing the air quality to be the worst in the world back in July and August. (It was truly hard to breathe). I also have family throughout Oregon, where fires have also been destroying the landscape. Last month, the Columbia River Gorge (the state line between OR and WA) had a fire so bad, it actually jumped the river from Oregon to Washington. Last I heard, Interstate I-84 from Oregon to Idaho was closed near Multnomah Falls because of critical risk for landslides due to the weakened hillsides. And now this in the Hollywood Hills and in Napa Valley- plus the Hurricanes...

I've never seen so many tropical storms hit us in my lifetime, and the fires keep getting worse year after year. I am thankful that the Methow Valley hasn't burned again this year... but snowfall is looking like it's going to be significantly more than usual. As a skier I'd normally welcome this, but this is putting pressure on hills that have been weakened by no longer having tree roots supporting them.

I have no words. Our budget is fine in Washington, but in Oregon and California- and in where the Hurricanes hit (Puerto Rico and other US territories)....they f--king need FEMA and ASAP.

Edited by Xernicus
  • Like 1