Game outdated

Codiaz

Question

Hey guys, and ladies ofcourse.

I'm having some trouble joining the Beginners server, everytime i try to join it says game is outdated, i then got a link to the patch selector software (https://fearless-assassins.com/files/file/465-cod4-patch-selector-software/) i then launched the game in 1.7 using the software but im still getting the error "server is diffrent version: 1.7".

Have any of you experienced, and if did you get it fixed and how?

Kind Regards

Codiaz

5 answers to this question

check the bottom of your screen. you might still be running the 1.6 patch even if you updated to 1.7. The patch might not have taken effect. Let me know if it says you are running the 1.7 patch. I check server and its still up and running on 1.7.

That is odd. Server should be 1.7 last I checked. Steam or CD version?

I'm using CD from back when the game came out.

check the bottom of your screen. you might still be running the 1.6 patch even if you updated to 1.7. The patch might not have taken effect. Let me know if it says you are running the 1.7 patch. I check server and its still up and running on 1.7.

I see... Says 1.6.565... So i'm assuming the program for some reason is not working.

I had this issue too i think and i solved it by uninstalling and removing all your cod4 files (you can back up your stats if you want) and do a fresh install.

Copy your whole cod4 folder to somewhere else and download the 1.7 patch. After this you patch 1 of these to the 1.7 version, so you end up with a 1.7 and 1.6 version of the game.

• Like 2