New maps on F|A Noquarter XPSAVE

eXo

Hello F|A Lads & Others,

I have been playing on the FA NoQuarter XPSAVE server for a while now and I have come to notice that most maps on the server are just commonly played maps such as oasis, goldrush, supplydepot, adlernest etcetera.

2 days ago I realised that 2 maps ( Subway, Sands of time ) had been replaced by 2 other maps ( bremen_final, Baserace ), I for one didn't even know about the vote poll at the time ( together with plenty of other people on the server whom I've asked this to ) until these 2 new maps had been added.

In my opinion it was a very bad decision because as far as I know the 2 old maps were wicked, and I wasn't the only one who thought of those 2 maps that way. Baserace was a good choice to be frank, but bremen_final wasn't, to me any map that is played on ETpro is bad in public but that's not relevant here.

My question to you guys is if we could add some more irregular maps to the map rotation to make the server a better place.

Maps I would like to see removed on the server:

1.Supplydepot

2.Bremen_final

3.Adlernest

Basically nearly every ETpro map on the NQ server botches the map rotation.

Maps I would like you to take in consideration to revamp the rotation ( along with other requests ofcourse ):

1.Vesuvius ( the fixed version )

2.Darji2

3.Fata Morgana

4.Eagles_b4

These are just a few maps which I find suitable for public play.

At first I didn't want to make a request topic like this on the forums, because I thought it would be pointless, but a respected F|A member had told me differently, so I thought I'd give it a go.

And while im here to make requests, reduce the panser damage, on top of that the rifle grenade damage is too much, coming from a spraying medic ( had to be said ), and the quantity of landmines for each team is way too high

This was kind of off-topic but I just wanted to get this off my chest.

I think it would be wise to announce map vote polls on the FA forum in the server aswell, so more players can share their opinion.

And I hope you will at least get sands of time back in, because the map was splendid.

Anyway I hope you lot will look into this because the custom maps are starting to get a tad boring, and I think the server would get even more popular with some more exigent maps.

P.S. All I've done is complain or request things here, but I also have to give credit to the way you guys have been handling the servers so far, good job.

Yours truly,

eXo

Edited by eXo

• Administrators

We change maps every 2-3 months. Once map changed we will not change for another 2 months.

Thanks.

Hey exo,

we have said it 100times that theres a poll for new maps on forum. Why you didnt check the forums more often and why arent you active here? You play every day on NQ......and i can`t understand why you say that most people dont like this 2 new maps?? Most people are very happy with them and btw.most people leaved the server when sands started!! Next time it would be great if you make your decission before the poll is closed :).

Anyway,welcome to the F|A Forums Bro!!

it's impossible to satisfy people request. and we know that... about Sand of time is one of old and great map, too bad not used that much but as you can see here http://fearless-assa...t-map-rotation/ people wanted it out... also subway, they wanted baserace deresert and bremen saw people complaint why it was removed at first.

considering that we are going to update NQ for next release this we allow us to make a good rotation with more maps (11 now), and it's not impossible to see Sand of time back to rotation but with shorter time like 15 or 20 minutes instead of 30

next update will allow us to propose as we have on ETPUB servers much more maps... so don't stop making request and proposing maps that you may think is good for the server

also read this http://fearless-assa...-a-map-request/ for how to make request for next map rotation

for rifle and panzer we already discussed that and you can read here http://fearless-assassins.com/forum/topic/6436-nq-server/

Why you don't stack the roation one after the other. I saw that on etpub forums a couple months/years ago. Basically it will load your rotation and instead of loading the last map, it loads a new rotaion.

But I guess you already know about that (if not, I can search on etpub on my free time to find it back)

Cant't find it back... I'm guessing I didn't saw that on etpub.org...

So I think the idea beside that was to create custom campaign files which you don't put in a pk3 but directly in your etmain. Then you use the nextcampaign cvar to vstr your new campaign... Quick maybe not functional example:

Let's say you have the follow 3 campaign file in your etmain directory: cmpgn_camp1.campaign, cmpgn_camp2.campaign, cmpgn_camp3.campaign

Also, let's say the 1st map of cmpgn_camp1 is oasis (for campinit setting).

Then in your config you set:

g_campaignFile cmpgn_camp1

set camp1 "g_campaignFile cmpgn_camp1 ; campaign cmpgn_camp1 ; set nextcampaign vstr camp2"

set camp2 "g_campaignFile cmpgn_camp2 ; campaign cmpgn_camp2 ; set nextcampaign vstr camp3"

set camp3 "g_campaignFile cmpgn_camp3 ; campaign cmpgn_camp3 ; set nextcampaign vstr camp1"

set campinit "set g_gametype 4 ; map oasis ; set nextcampaign vstr camp1"

vstr campinit

I know that the max limit for campaign is 10 maps. With this setup, you could put up a 30 maps rotation...

However you need to test it... I hope that the g_campaignFile cvar exist on NQ...

On Jaymod and in N!tmod, the campaign rotation would look like this. Where the fueldump is the first map of the first campaign. This would be placed as a cfg file in the mod directory. The cfg would need to be executed during the server startup. I guess since N!tmod is based on NQ 1.2.3, this would also work on NQ server.

The campaign files would be inside a pk3 file in the mod folder also. The campaign file would be named scripts/ofg_campaign.campaign and scripts/ofg_campaign2.campaign in this example.

This in any cfg file in the mod folder that will get executed during startup:

set d1 "campaign cmpgn_ofg_campaign ; set nextcampaign vstr d2"

set d2 "campaign cmpgn_ofg_campaign2 ; set nextcampaign vstr d1"

set d_initial "set g_gametype 4 ; map fueldump ; set nextcampaign vstr d2"

vstr d_initial

Example contents of the campaign files:

First campaign file(ofg_campaign.campaign):

{

name "server name"

shortname "cmpgn_ofg_campaign"

description "whatever"

maps "map1;map2;map3"

mapTC 374 374

type "wolfmp"

}

And the second campaign file(scripts/ofg_campaign2.campaign):

{

name "server name"

shortname "cmpgn_ofg_campaign2"

description "whatever"

maps "map1;map2;map3"

mapTC 374 374

type "wolfmp"

}

On Jaymod and in N!tmod, the campaign rotation would look like this. Where the fueldump is the first map of the first campaign. This would be placed as a cfg file in the mod directory. The cfg would need to be executed during the server startup. I guess since N!tmod is based on NQ 1.2.3, this would also work on NQ server.

The campaign files would be inside a pk3 file in the mod folder also. The campaign file would be named scripts/ofg_campaign.campaign and scripts/ofg_campaign2.campaign in this example.

This in any cfg file in the mod folder that will get executed during startup:

set d1 "campaign cmpgn_ofg_campaign ; set nextcampaign vstr d2"

set d2 "campaign cmpgn_ofg_campaign2 ; set nextcampaign vstr d1"

set d_initial "set g_gametype 4 ; map fueldump ; set nextcampaign vstr d2"

vstr d_initial

Example contents of the campaign files:

First campaign file(ofg_campaign.campaign):

{

name "server name"

shortname "cmpgn_ofg_campaign"

description "whatever"

maps "map1;map2;map3"

mapTC 374 374

type "wolfmp"

}

And the second campaign file(scripts/ofg_campaign2.campaign):

{

name "server name"

shortname "cmpgn_ofg_campaign2"

description "whatever"

maps "map1;map2;map3"

mapTC 374 374

type "wolfmp"

}

This is why I used the g_campaignFile from etpub. It lets you load a campaign without making a pk3. It's a pain in the ass when you want to change your campaign which mean re-download for everyone. My way to do it prevents the download. But that's an etpub AND etpro cvar. NQ should have that...