Rush? What to do...

onlyonenoob

Rush? What to do...

So recently I have seen different knowledge, what to do with rush? Almost every admin has own view on it. I tried to find something here on forum, there are a lot of information but nothing about it. 

Rush says that we only encourage people to do not complete. Is it the rule? And if it so, can you at least take the obj? Because this actually isnt finish of game, you have only obj, that is all.

Some admins don't do anything or do !gib, !putspec and some have no idea about rush.

Good example of rush is in map Marrakech or Adlernest.

Make it clear for everyone,not only for me, but above all, for admins.

My head hurts of this freaking letters.. We do have antirush protection on our servers (some of them, not all I think, or maybe I' wrong.) If I recall we had 5 min no rush rule. " Make it clear for everyone,not only for me, but above all, for admins. " - Well it should be clear for everyone but you will always find some idiot on server who will break the rules (rush rule one of them) just to piss off others. And I never seen for now that some admin couldnt deal with rusher. Put to spec & warn is ok for lower admin lvl.

For at least taking the obj, IMO that's allready half job done for the team so it also shouldn't be allowed. So you could take the obj, hide near delivery point and wait those few minutes to end map? For me it's bullshit.

Not all rush rules are same for every server. I suggest you read this. http://fearless-assassins.com/wiki/index.php/W:ET_Server_Rules

Cheers.

• Like 2

Ah, here you are right to make this topic, It's true that it is quite ambiguous.

F|A RECRUITING XPS

• We have 5 mins no rush rule on this server. Don't finish the final objective in first 5 mins. Once 5 mins are passed from the time of map start you can finish the objective.
F|A #2 Jaymod XPS
  • We have 5 mins no rush rule on this server. Don't finish the final objective in first 5 mins. Once 5 mins are passed from the time of map start you can finish the objective. Let players enjoy the map if possible.
F|A HARDCORE XPS
  • There is no rush rule on this server. i.e. Players can complete the objective whenever they like.
F|A SILENT RECRUITING XPS
  • There is no rush rule on this server but we encourage players to play the map for minimum 5 mins (from map start) before completing the map so that all can enjoy the map.

It is true that it's not a " rule " . Unlike servers like on  Hardcore server ( rush is allowed ) or fa recruiting ( rush is not allowed the first 5 minutes ).

So, on Silent 1, it's not really a rule but more like an advice, we would like people to make it lasts more than 5 minutes so everybody can enjoy the map. But if players do want to rush, Admins will not !gib them or anything.

Edited by Dovaah
  • Like 5

yes, people usually don't rush but sometimes it is good, for example in Adlernest, this is Axis' fault, mostly Allies take the obj (the same in Caen) and it allows Allies to take 1st point in game - destruction of generator or repair of tank.

How said Boom, this is bullshit for him, for me taking of obj is legit, how to kick Axis' ass.

Next time, when I see the puttingspec or gib, I tell about this Dovah's answer, that admins won't punish players, because it is 100% up to players.

Edited by onlyonenoob

in addition: (From http://fearless-assassins.com/wiki/index.php/W:ET_Server_Rules#Generic_Fearless_Assassins_Enemy_Territory_Gaming_Server_Rules)

1. Objective hogging is not allowed after 5 mins are passed from the start time of any map. If both teams are enjoying fragging then we will not bother player who has hogged the objective but if team members start complaining then admin have to intervene and will ask player once or twice to drop the objective or finish the objective. If that will not solve issue then admin will either use !put, !splat or !gib to release the objective.

Which means it is up to admin and team in most of the cases to !gib / !putspec someone if they hog objective.

It all comes down to the point that we want people to have fun. Some FA servers allow rush, some have anti rush turned on. This allows people to pick the server of their choice. Admins will do their best to keep a calm and fun atmosphere, but some decisions are made based on the situation.

Edited by redy.

• Platinum VIP

OKJ, because I'm not sure, but other than ETpro servers, which other ones can you rush on?

OKJ, because I'm not sure, but other than ETpro servers, which other ones can you rush on?

Its quoted above:

F|A HARDCORE XPS

• There is no rush rule on this server. i.e. Players can complete the objective whenever they like.
F|A SILENT RECRUITING XPS
  • There is no rush rule on this server but we encourage players to play the map for minimum 5 mins (from map start) before completing the map so that all can enjoy the map.

So hardcore u can rush as much as u want, and silent1 would be up the the players, but preferably after 5min have passed.

• Like 2

As anily said. Hc go ahead, silent 1 it would be nice to plsy the full map, but if you get the chance to do obj dont hesitate, you might not be able to do it sgsin. And may you please use normal font, i cant read, my eyes are bad, and alcohol.

• Like 1

Its quoted above:

So hardcore u can rush as much as u want, and silent1 would be up the the players, but preferably after 5min have passed.

No, no, no, how Redy said, it is not and it wouldn't be up to players and it is not preferable but totally forbidden, according to situation, and now it is clear, just don't do it. But admins aren't perfect and make mistakes, antirush would be really nice.

No, no, no, how Redy said, it is not and it wouldn't be up to players and it is not preferable but totally forbidden, according to situation, and now it is clear, just don't do it. But admins aren't perfect and make mistakes, antirush would be really nice.

Not really, like its written on rules, it states that everyone would prefer that the map is being played for longer than starting 5 mintues, but if a player finds himself in a situation that can complete objective before that time, then no harm will be done, as the rushing isn't forbidden on silent1. If u have any problems and considering that this issue is confusing a lot of admins, since we host a lot of servers, kindly point them to this topic and they will be able to read it for themselves. Antirush is already being used over our jaymod servers where we prevent even taking objective for longer than 5min so the map can actually be played for a while before completing it, whilist silent1 is completely dependant on the players, reason there isn't any antirush stuffs added.

• Like 1