4 Fuel Depot

5 Supply Depot 2

6 UJE 00 final 1+2

7 Marrakech Streets 2 Night final

8 Siwa Oasis official

9 Oil Kombinat

10 MML Minas Tirith first playable3

11 Gold Rush official

First off, there isnt very much difference between the 2 servers Map-wise as almost 1/2 the maps in each server exist on BOTH servers so variety isnt much.

2nd. Majority of these maps either end too quickly or have teams being stacked so they just never end at all.. There seems to be a fair number of people who do not like either from happening but its almost a rare event to see axis win Minas Tirith or Allies win Battery unless some severe breakdown in teamplay occurs such as ZERO engineers to prevent objectives from being blownup/ taken.

A few maps in particular really should be considered for removal/replacement.

MINAS TIRITH:

I have noticed that alot of people leave when Minas Tirith starts up( even if some people like the map) and during the map, we're constantly dealing with 'Who fakkin pushed me off the wall?' situations that never seem to get resolved because people are always trying to figure out WHO did it and lets face it.. only a handful of admins will even TRY to find the person unless they themselves get pushed too. So as big as this map is and as long as it does last.. It really needs to go.

BATTERY:

Its not even the map.. its this VERSION of the map that needs to go.. the reconstructable door in the back alone gives axis a heavy advantage in an already axis heavy map.. even on a fairly GOOD day, axis tend to be able to hold the front bunker for almost whole game.. and the constructable CP in back REALLY should be allied ONLY spawn.. NEVER axis spawn there too. Never.This map is SO axis sided as to not even be a decent map anymore.. a different version of it is almost a MUST!

GOLD RUSH:

What you say? why this one?? Again.. its the fact that the versions on the servers are ancient. Goldrush -GALS ( Greater Access) get that instead.. then allies at least have some chances to get in to the gold. Most maps they barely can get by the 2nd barrier with tank much less get TO the gold. then to have One opening ONLY to GET the gold simply means if 2 or 3 people are willing to defend.. NOONE I dont care how good you think you are.. NOONE will get the gold. In my time alone.. Ive seen GoldRush won by allies only 4 times total.. BOTH servers combined. Replace this one with Goldrush -gals and it will definately be more playable for both sides.

Fuel Dump: This map can be rushed far too easily when Double Jump is implimented.. and all allies needs is to blow up the first grate and thats it.. Ive seen the tank not even make it into the tunnel and the Dump was blown up.. 1 covert and 1 engy working as a team can easily get to the dump before any axis can even THINK about getting there in time. I dont see DJ being disabled for this map.. so This will continue to happen no doubt. It hasnt been too bad an issue because people actually learn quickly to defend fast.

BREMEN:

I like the map.. but it was NOT designed to have about 20 people on each team either.. so it really makes the map horrible to play on.

I could suggest many kinds of maps.. axis or allied heavy.. but no doubt there will ALWAYS be people saying they disagree and agree.. so I'm going to reserve my judgements til a poll comes up asking about specific map choices.

While Goldrush is rather heavy for allies to win, Goldrush GALS with double jump very often tends to turn into a really heavy massacre at Axis second spawn (at least it did way back it was on rotation, as it's an open spawn and Allies are free to camp the roof; so arty, nades and panzers are all over the place). I don't recall how good did Allies do at the objective part though.

Change of version might be good as a refreshment, but in the end people will start to complain about it (they did in the past).

While Goldrush is rather heavy for allies to win, Goldrush GALS with double jump very often tends to turn into a really heavy massacre at Axis second spawn (at least it did way back it was on rotation, as it's an open spawn and Allies are free to camp the roof; so arty, nades and panzers are all over the place). I don't recall how good did Allies do at the objective part though.

Change of version might be good as a refreshment, but in the end people will start to complain about it (they did in the past).

Um.. not to burst that bubble.. but Goldrush doesnt have 2 axis spawns.. only one.. One permanent one that is.. and one that is lost when the tank is moved.

So that alone outta be reason enuff to change things.. but ironically enuff.. axis never get hemmed up in their own spawn.. invincibility shield solves that.

Long story short.. it needs a change.

Goldrush is nowhere near an allied heavy map.. Its geared to axis and axis alone.

Its a rare event to see allies win Goldrush as it is now.. after tank is at 2nd barrier it just becomes a shoot-em-up game more than a goal-based one.

And to be honest , changing to GALS from the current one will not affect anything other than the ability to have more accesses.. allies can dj to the places u mentioned already.. so how changing versions changes that is a mystery to me.

Besides there will ALWAYS be complainers about anything.. You just simply cannot please everyone, however the community here is doing the talking and its saying 'either change or modify the maps cause we're bored/tired of them now'.

Best thing is to cover as many as possible and those who dont like it can either adapt or wait it out. But majority rules.

Might be I confused 2 versions, there was a Goldrush Greater Access and Goldrush GALS. I think we had this one.

That was permanent spawn, I number them in order where you spawn by default.

:idea:

maybe if you increased the spawn time for axis, just for goldrush, by 1 second, and increased their spawn shield time by 1 second, then allies would find it easier to get the tank past the second barrier, and axis would find it easier to get out of the spawn without being raped.

or something similar

Guest =limes=

Nah, one second wouldnt done the trick. You have to fix the respawntime for 4-5 sec. to have a usefulI change of gameplay. imho. However, have to agree with @Timo (once again) . Mostly its impossible to win maps like oasis or Goldrush or fueldump, if server is full. Why not change this maps with more enhanced versions like this fueldump-addon, where allies can build from the outside wall an assault bridge and then can move straight to the dump. That will force axis resources to split there attention and not only camp on the two entrances. (Pic--------------->http://returntocastlewolfenstein.filefront.com/file/SSStinVecs_Fueldump_Assault_Bridge;81809)

On Goldrush there is a map called Greater Access, where you can dynamite an entrance and have access to the bank from the higher walking area. on top of that you can walk a lot secret paths and rooms, what imho will also bring more varity into this map- and gameplay.

And oasis. Hmm, maybe the tournament edition from riverstyx will change the gameplay and bring more balanched gameplay (infos------------>http://et.splatterladder.com/?mod=mapinfo&idx=2856)

Dont get me wrong: As always only some slight suggestions, nothing more, nothing less. Have a nice day!

Regards Limes

Thats all they are.. Just ideas.. and with enough people contributing, there should be enuff brainpower to come up with a pretty snazzy maplist/campaign that will keep everyone busy for at least a little while..

• Administrators

Nah, one second wouldnt done the trick. You have to fix the respawntime for 4-5 sec. to have a usefulI change of gameplay. imho. However, have to agree with @Timo (once again) . Mostly its impossible to win maps like oasis or Goldrush or fueldump, if server is full. Why not change this maps with more enhanced versions like this fueldump-addon, where allies can build from the outside wall an assault bridge and then can move straight to the dump. That will force axis resources to split there attention and not only camp on the two entrances. (Pic--------------->http://returntocastlewolfenstein.filefront.com/file/SSStinVecs_Fueldump_Assault_Bridge;81809)

On Goldrush there is a map called Greater Access, where you can dynamite an entrance and have access to the bank from the higher walking area. on top of that you can walk a lot secret paths and rooms, what imho will also bring more varity into this map- and gameplay.

And oasis. Hmm, maybe the tournament edition from riverstyx will change the gameplay and bring more balanched gameplay (infos------------>http://et.splatterladder.com/?mod=mapinfo&idx=2856)

Dont get me wrong: As always only some slight suggestions, nothing more, nothing less. Have a nice day!

Regards Limes

Its not impossible to win with the full server, its just that kids these days would rather camp then win objective, or spam nades or rnade one spot. I thought this was a unique thing with our server regulars but it appears that newcomers to the game (and rest of the ppl that suck) do this a lot hence ruining the game in the process for all of us. Goldrush GA has 2 axis spawn, one is behind the bank if I m not mistaken. And that map blows for axis. Thats the map that I had 16 consecutive monster kills and hold the spree record for, but no thanks I like my Goldrush the way it is.

Its not impossible to win with the full server, its just that kids these days would rather camp then win objective, or spam nades or rnade one spot. I thought this was a unique thing with our server regulars but it appears that newcomers to the game (and rest of the ppl that suck) do this a lot hence ruining the game in the process for all of us. Goldrush GA has 2 axis spawn, one is behind the bank if I m not mistaken. And that map blows for axis. Thats the map that I had 16 consecutive monster kills and hold the spree record for, but no thanks I like my Goldrush the way it is.

yep is the same on all servers now, easy map as an Allies to get a good kill/death ratio.

The other Goldrush that was on F|A was even worse for Axis with half the allies team being above their spawn, the classic version of Goldrush unless the sides are way off kilter is good fun imo.