Windows 10 64bit Is the Most Popular OS?

Night Hunter

Each and every month, Steam conducts a survey to collect data about what kinds of computer hardware and software its customers are using. And according to the March survey, the most popular OS is Microsoft’s Windows 10 64bit. In addition, NVIDIA and Intel are still dominant as most PC gamers are still using Intel’s CPUs and NVIDIA’s GPUs.

2.jpg

As we can see, 56.35% of Steam users are using an NVIDIA GPU, while 25.5% are using an AMD/ATI GPU. Moreover 17.77% of Steam users are using an Intel integrated GPU. What’s really interesting here is that despite the debate about whether NVIDIA’s GPUs are optimized for DX12, the green team was able to increase its fan-base. Back in November 2015, 54% of Steam users were using an NVIDIA GPU, while 26% were using an AMD/ATI GPU.

1.jpg

intel has been going strong with its CPUs and as we can see, almost 76.67% of the survey-takers prefer its CPUs, while 23.33% prefer AMD’s CPUs.

Last but not least, 47.6% of Steam’s survey-takers own a dual-core CPU, while 45.58% own a quad-core CPU. Only 4.63% has a CPU with more than four CPU cores, and 2.19% is still on a single-core CPU.

• Like 1

Not so confident on these recocnition hw things... many fex laptops have both so its sees first one. and windows 10... realy why? I have not seen any reason to move on 10...

I rather move close to xp if hw supports it. of cause depends games u play and sw u use :)

Masa_1964

• Leader

I can believe that it is the most popular for Steam Gamers.  I think that Game-players are more much interested in performance-enhancement than almost all of my relatives.   :)

It seems that MS will only offer a 32-bit upgrade to Win10 if your current Windows OS is 32-bit, but you can still do a Clean Install.  Then you have to go "old school" and move all your data from the old HD and reinstall all applications.  Note that the first 64-bit CPUs don't have certain features that Win10 requires.  

Woo Hoo, I am in the " 4.63 % " of CPU owners.

• Like 1

I'll down grade it to linux if this shit goes on... I know (down grade does not mean lower thing) it just means at I need to move thing I left a side years ago. Linux was and is higher prossesor user in years ago but

I refuse to use it cause it felt like starting 0 like msdos from books that time. Seems at need to do that.