Teamspeak Causing Lag

-=HipKat=-

• Platinum VIP

Haven't used TS in several years because the mic broke on my headset and didn't really have a need to go on there, but I did come up with a way so I could go on F|A's TS by hooking my old webcam up for a mic and my headset so I can hear and it works pretty decent, BUT, when I'm on TS, my FPS in game drops into the 50's making it insane to try and play.

Can't be my (wired) internet. I get about 95 Mb/s d/l and about 25 Mb/s u/l.

Any ideas?

FPS has (very) little to do with your network usage, unless you're doing some very weird stuff.

I'm not familiar with TeamSpeak, but I don't suppose the application should use all that much GPU/CPU.

Have you tried minimizing TeamSpeak before going back into ET?

Have you tried using just your mic and not your webcam? Using your webcam might be computationally too expensive for your machine, combined with wanting to run ET properly.

If the above stuff doesn't help, I need more info to help you. What are your computer specs? Any background programs? What's the resolution/sound quality of your webcam/mic?