Skiing :)

SunSet

I know people thinks directly skiing as downhill but for me it's cross-country. ;) Done both a lot, I used to go every day in winter time directly from school to downhill center and do it untill evening (some years) :)

Cross-country was nice in school time, used to ski to school also. But all changed in army time when needed to ski 10km every saturday morning in winter time (and it was on north finland) and equips was terrible.

Long boots (rubber with woll inserts) temp from 0 to -40C. And skis... phew... just terrible. That time I stopped to like cross-country. Downhill skiing was nice still, did visit on Chamonix just time after there was

that fire accident on tunnel. I think they was still clearing smoke from tunnels that time cause I was seen from high hill view (not sure any more cause long time ago). Need look some pictures from that trip. :)

Masa_1964

• Like 1

I've been downhill skiing for about 18 years now. The chosen ski resort was 3 vallées in France (where Michael Schuhmacher had his skiing accident). I also went to various locations in Austria and Switzerland/Italy. It's certainly a great hobby. :)

You can find some pics in my gallery.

• Like 1

Ohh great you discover skiing ^_^

I learned at 3 years old so i'm not too bad , the only bad thing is when you have a job you have less time to go there :wacko:

Next time i will try to learn snowboard as it seems a very different feeling B)

• Like 1