Newest Nvidia driver could be wrong for your card

Ol Smoke

After updating to newest GeForce driver  my COD4 FPS went to 40 fps.  Nothing I could do helped get it any better than 75 fps.

As a last resort I deleted that new driver and went back to the one that came with the card.  July 15, 2015.  After installing, I joined

the game and got 440 fps and higher.  My card is a PNY GeForce GTX 750 ti with 2 GB of DDR5.

My highest fps tonight is 772 fps. when I look straight up.  Running around it is between 400-550 fps.

So if you are experiencing low fps in your game and you have that new driver, you might want to check and see what your fps is at right now.

What Driver? I just checked GFE and there's no new driver. I still have version 361.43

BTW, is there any computer problem you don't have? You're like a walking technology disaster.

What Driver? I just checked GFE and there's no new driver. I still have version 361.43

BTW, is there any computer problem you don't have? You're like a walking technology disaster.

My guess would be our current driver. (Seeing as he rolled back to july).

I'm on the same version. Haven't really checked cod in a bit though, so not sure if I get the same drops.

Also seeing as you get 400+ fps you should cap it.

if you use /com_maxfps  and set it to 125, 250, or 333 you'll get a bit of a boost in gaming. (i.e in console type /com_maxfps 333)

These three are magic numbers that will allow you to jump further and make gameplay fairly smooth. I used to cap at 333 on my PC. You can feel the difference in run and gun play.

• Like 1

this is the latest official release, yes.. but there's also a hotfix since few days: 361.60

edit: I have tested all the releases (WHQL,beta,dev,hotfix) until now (aside the hotfix I mentionned above. no time atm), uninstalled them all and rolled back each time onto the version the most stable and efficient in terms of fps for me (358.50). So, maybe test some versions and find between all these latest releases the best one for you Smoke.

Edited by Ann!b@l

Newest version on my geforce card is not best for me.use older versions ..my card is 5 years old so if any of you people with older cards new versions of drivers my have too much support for newer cards in the updated versions..at least that's my guess as why older driver better..just thought I would mention this

I have had a bunch of problems since XP went away but the nice thing about it is....it is not my fault.  The OS that MS comes up with doesnt have all the stuff in it to work with

some older software and hardware.  When you have thousands of dollars into this stuff and suddenly MS decides its time to move on,  I dont agree and I will find a way to make it work.

In the case of nvidia, they just write stuff for the latest and greatest cards and chips out there.  They don't really check to see if it will work with the older stuff.  Most of the alterations they

make to their updates is for problems in the new games.  But what if that change shuts off something for the older cards?  Then you have to do what I did,  go back to what worked.

The same can be said of the MS updates.  They may fix some problem out there, but your setup could be affected adversely by it.  That is why I have problems.  But I won't stop until I

find the fix.  Which I have and I posted it here for others to use.  With us discussing these problems openly,  we could be helping others who are having similar problems, but are too timid

to post on here.  We are the greatest bunch of computer nerds in the world,  why not use that talent and knowledge?

=F|A=  for the win.

By the way I played this morning and I have my video locked at 250 fps and it is so cool to jump like the other guys do.  AWESOME SAUCE

• Like 2