A Second Server???

5 members have voted

1. 1. NEW HARDCORE SERVER?

• No 1 BC2 server is enough
    • Hell Yes a Hardcore server would Kick Ass

Im just looking for feed back about teh possibility of a second BC2 server. I am wondering if FA member/BC2 players would enjoy a BC2 server in Hardcore mode running squad death match with no perks. meaning, no kill cam, no 3d views in tanks and no map spotting. This would be a straight HARD HARDCORE server catering to the hardcore player who wants the highest level of realizim that teh game has to offer. ANY thoughts?

I don't like HC in this game at all. It seems to be filled with even more snipers and just seems un-enjoyable to me. Still, I think a 2nd server would be cool, but instead we should make it either a Conquest server, or an infantry only server after the next patch comes.

I don't like HC in this game at all. It seems to be filled with even more snipers and just seems un-enjoyable to me. Still, I think a 2nd server would be cool, but instead we should make it either a Conquest server, or an infantry only server after the next patch comes.

Thanks for your input man... Anyone else got an opinion on this?

• Administrators

I would suggest we need more BC2 members. Min 50 members who only play BC2 before hit trigger for new server.

• Administrators

aren't we spending too much vs what people donate now anyways?

Pretty much agree :P

aren't we spending too much vs what people donate now anyways?

I have no idea how much FA recieves in donations. i only made this post to see if anyone was interested in the previously mentioned server. I am a contributor and would not have made this post if i did not have intentions on helping to fund the potential server. Im just trying ot get a feel if members are interested in a squad death match server running in HardCore...

• Like 1

Honestly i can not vote since i don't have or play the game, but from what i see with first server, at least try to keep it full first, then later we will see with players and once having more regulars that are interesting about another game style then go for it, exactly like we did first time with cod4... this my personal thought hmm.gif

• Like 1

• Administrators

if there is a possibility of having 2 servers, why not just make one rush and the other conquest

No :P People like mix and match :) Warmongrel was just asking for suggestion at present. I see no plans to add new server.

I like the idea of the hardcore server, but I don't think we're quite ready yet. I agree that we should grow a member base in BC2. Basically everyone who plays is from COD4, BF2, ET.

Can we set up an occasional server output message in game that says "go to fearless-assassins.coms to apply" ?

I like the idea of the hardcore server, but I don't think we're quite ready yet. I agree that we should grow a member base in BC2. Basically everyone who plays is from COD4, BF2, ET.

Can we set up an occasional server output message in game that says "go to fearless-assassins.coms to apply" ?

I think thats a Great idea! but i can figure out how to do it. I can make messages flash across the screen but this pisses off players and empties out the server. there is a way to send these messages in the chat fields but i cant figure it out and dont want to screw with the server when its so packed. Dare can you help with this?

All I know is that when you do /say blahhh in game the game will output something like "Server: blahhh". Thats the type of thing we should go for for a message. Not sure what this looks on server side. I know it can happen because I have seen it in other servers. I will dig around and see if I can find any server customization resources for BC2, but again no idea what this looks on server side =]

• Administrators

I think thats a Great idea! but i can figure out how to do it. I can make messages flash across the screen but this pisses off players and empties out the server. there is a way to send these messages in the chat fields but i cant figure it out and dont want to screw with the server when its so packed. Dare can you help with this?

Break it. If you don't break stuff you wan't learn. :)

You break, you fix and thats hows you learn it.