Fix Lag while you're playing

-=Medic=-

If you're facing some lag on our server, I'll recommend you this settings. it's only an advise and you can change setting

I made this for fast use, because sometimes you don't know the exact syntax of all those cvars or you can't remember all of them. So with one Click you change them all in the same time

bind P "com_maxfps 76;rate 25000;cl_maxpackets 100;cl_timenudge 0;snaps 20;cl_packetdup 1;cl_allowdownload 1;cl_wwwdownload 1;pb_system 0;pb_security 0;pb_sleep 500; echo ^3|^2|^1FIX LAG SETTING APPLIED^2|^3|"

You can add this to your config or Click on the whole line, do Copy, and when you are in game click CTRL+V to past the line and hit ENTER

as you see I used key "P" as a bind but you can change this with the key you want.

Here you go some explanation about Cvars used above:

com_maxfps: sets the maximum frame per second (fps) in the game, for higher fps be sure you graphic card can handle it (always update drivers)

Allowed: 43 to 333

default: 85

cl_maxpackets: sets how many packets are sent to client - means you

allowed: 15 to 100

default: 30

cl_timenudge: adjusting prediction for your ping, server side cvars, better keep it 0

allowed: -20 to 0

default: 0

snaps: how many times the server sends you snapshots per second

allowed: 20 to 40

default: 20

rate: the connection bandwidth to use, 1000=~1KB/s to calculate

allowed: 5000 to 45000

default: 5000

advised: depend on your connection speed, some examples

Connection >256K--> rate 12000

Connection >512K--> rate 15000

Connection >1024K--> rate 20000

Connection >2048K--> rate 25000

Connection >more 2048K--> rate +25000

cl_packetdup: number of duplicates for every data packet sent upstream, minimized packetloss

default 1 (it's 1 or 0)

cl_allowdownload: allow you to download the missing files the server, better set 1

default: 1 (it's 1 or 0)

cl_wwwdownload: allow you to download the missing files from server redirect like sound pack or maps, better set 1

default: 1 (it's 1 or 0)

pb_system: PB can conflict with other software on some systems due to vigorous memory scanning; Changing this setting may reduce or eliminate conflicts if you have problems on your system

default: 1

pb_security: When set to 0, PunkBuster will accept all "update" files without verifying that they are authentic. So use this only with trusted Servers.

default: 1

pb_sleep: Holds the period of time (milliseconds) that PunkBuster "sleeps" between processing cycles

default: 60

• Like 1

well i don't think it need a config for 1 line but whatever here you go: fix.cfg

put the file on your etmain folder and then from the console type: \exec fix.cfg

PS: there is no need to quote me, it make the post too long to read laugh.gif

Well..

2wflfnl.png

I just copy&pasted the bind quote and when I hitted 'P' my ET got worst lol

Well..

hum if you don't have problem don't use it, beside i put explanation so people can change setting according to their machine or connection

anyway setting are not archived to your game, once you disconnect and reconnect it will go back to your old setting

Well..

2wflfnl.png

Hahaha you think that is worst?

Mine is a sight to be seen, red every so often,permanently yellow.

• Administrators

Well..

Bad internet connection to be honest. Green bar - Your internet connection.

could you unlock the read only Rate setting on Hardcore? Rate is locked at 30000, we cannot use 25000

as a matter of fact all these are locked on hardcore. I've been asking to unlock these features for months :P

-TnX

I will look into it.

HAHA to fix that 300 ping?laugh.gif

geez 300 for me is good and if you have no other suggestion that would help, other than changing countries and moving closer to the server stfu hahahahahahahaha :thanks

geez 300 for me is good and if you have no other suggestion that would help, other than changing countries and moving closer to the server stfu hahahahahahahaha :thanks

Changing countries and moving closer to a game server. Great ideas why didn't I think of that :).

Lolz