Help needed in building a new pc

B3rk0

• 2 weeks later...

Guys, its ordered.

Box: ATX NOX COOLBAY VX
Processor: Intel Core I7- 4790
Mother Board: Z97-K
RAM: Kingston HYPER X SAVAGE DDR3 16GB 2400MHz (Kit 2x)
Graphic card: ASUS STRIX - GTX980
Disc: Kingston SSD SAVAGE 240GB SATA3
Power supply: NOX URANO VX 750
Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 612S

Thx for the help, photos on arrival.

Cheers

Berko

• 2 weeks later...

Having been a commercial PC builder with Intel and Microsoft, I can tell you this about building a PC today.

Buy the newest and greatest components that you can afford.  Starting with the Processor first.  i7 is the newer and will give you the speed you are looking for today.

When buying a motherboard don't look at the name first.  Although some names do build great stuff but their stuff goes by the wayside very quickly.

Build your system with the OS in mind.  Windows 8 requires better and newer stuff than Windows 7.  Some stuff doesn't work with Windows 10 as good as Win8.

The third thing to take into consideration is the RAM and the Windows 64 versions.  You never need more than 16 GB for anything except CAD.

The last thing to consider is the video card.  Depending upon the type of games you play is what card you really need.  Will a $180 card work?  If you spend $400 for

video card now, it will be $150 next year.  So, I always put more money into the Processor, which holds up longer, than into the video card.

Be sure to add up all the wattage your system requires and buy a PS that is 30% greater than that.  If your components map out to 400 watts RMS, you will need at

least 600watts to manage the peaks.  Never scrimp on the Power Supply.

When mounting the motherboard, I always used nylon connectors instead of the metal ones.  This insulates the board better from accidental shocks.

I my opinion ASUS makes excellent stuff.  Their boards are really beefy for overclocking.  My second choice for OC boards is MSI.  For standard systems I always

use Intel boards.  They are the most stable board made today.  I have Pentium 3 systems that I built in 2000 that are still running business software.

When it comes to harddrives I always used Western Digital.  But, since they sold out a few years ago,  I don't know about them anymore.  I know the US Army

leans toward Fujitsu for the military use.  You can actually buy military grade stuff from them.

Any way that's how I build a system.  One other thing, all my systems went through a burn in mode for 12 hours before they went out the door.  I think there is still

some software out there that does that.  It is worth it.

Good luck

• Like 1