Collection of love quotes

bo0m

So if you're in fight with your love one's here you can find a big collection of love quotes wich you can use for your gf's, bf's, wife etc.. :D to keep you out of troubles :D well at least it works for me ;)

• Like 1

I’ll reach for your hand in the cold of winter, I’ll reach for your hand in the heat of summer. But if my short life can’t reach the dawn of spring, I promise, in heaven, I’ll reach you with my wings.

If you hide, I’ll seek for you. If you’re lost, I’ll search for you. If you leave, I’ll wait for you. If they try to take you away from me, I’ll fight for you. Cause I never want to lose someone I love.

I know your life can go on without me, that you can be happy without me, that you can survive without me. But even if you turn me away, I will still choose to stay with you and be your sweetest stranger forever.

I don’t know why I keep on loving you despite the fact that I’ll get hurt again just like before. I never learn cause I don’t want to. Not now when I’m still strong to fall for you over and over again.

If someone would ask me what a beautiful life means, I would lean my head on your shoulder, hold you close to me and answer with a smile, “Like this.”

There’s a love that only you can give, a smile that only your lips can show, a twinkle that can only be seen in your eyes and my life that only you can complete.

You’re one of the people I never asked from God but still, He gave you to me. I asked Him why, He said, “Because he can fill your life like no one else can.”

If I can just make everything fall where it should be, I would. If I could make life better for you, I would. But I can’t. All I can do is to let you know that mine has been better because of you.

When I say I love you, please believe it’s true. When I say forever, know I’ll never leave you. When I say goodbye, promise me you won’t cry. Cause the day I’ll be saying that would be the day I die.

Death scares the hell out of me. I don’t wanna die knowing that you’ll cry over me but if death means watching over you and being with you, I might as well take my life just for you.

Would you believe me if I tell you that I love you so much? Actually, I’d prefer it if you won’t. Why? So that I can spend the rest of my life proving to you how much I do.

We spend most of our time talking about nothing but I just want to let you know that all these nothings mean so much more to me than so many somethings.

I asked God why life’s like this. He gave me no answer. I asked why I’m still here. Again, He gave me no answer. I asked why I met you. He smiled and said, “So there’d be a reason for everything else.”

Someone told me that there really is such thing as magic. I never believed in that till I saw your smile and felt your touch. Then I realized you’re the only magical thing on earth who could turn this world into paradise.

I promise to be there when you need me, I promise to hug you tight when you’re lonely, I promise to wipe your tears when they fall and I promise to keep you, not for the rest of my life but for the rest of yours.

I don’t regret the rain or the nights I felt the pain or the tears I had to cry some of those times along the way. For every road I had to take, every time my heart would break, it was just something I had to do to get me to you.

I miss you when there’s no reason to, how much more if there was? I miss you when we talk, how much more if we don’t? I miss you after we’re together, how much more if I see you never? I love you now, how much more later?

If lightning strikes, I’d cover my heart so when it hits me, I’d fall happily knowing I protected you. Cause I spared the place where you have always been.

I’d rather be blind than not see you. I’d rather be deaf than not hear from you. I’d rather lose my voice than not say this to you, that I’d rather lose my heart than not love you.

When I go to heaven and you’re not there, I’ll wait for you by the golden stair. If you’re not there by judgement day, I know you went the other way. And to prove my love is true, I’d go to hell to be with you.

I have searched in places, I’ve waited for years, I’ve taken all the chances, I’ve cried so many tears, I’ve seen so many faces, I’ve hid a lot of fears until my heart stopped searching cause you’re already here.

You are the reason why even at the saddest part of my life, I smile. Even at confusion, I understand. Even in betrayal, I trust. Even in fear of pain, I love.

I’m holding on to the thought that you’re not mine. I’m going to look you in the eye, smile and say, “You’re not mine.” Then I’ll walk away, turn around at the last moment and say, “But I wish you were.”

When I look at the world and there’s so much pain and anger, mistakes and failures, I just look at the sky and think God’s still good cause he gave me someone like you that tells me, “Angels are still around.”

Everytime you cry a tear, my heart cries along. But you’ll never know cause I wouldn’t tell. Everytime you’re hurt, I’m hurt too. Cause that’s what love is for and I love you.

It would be the loneliest feeling standing cold under the rain all alone. But if you were there hugging me tight, just right there by my side, then I hope it rains for the rest of my life.

H-R-T? What would you add to these letters? EA or U? EA you get heart, U you get hurt. Now, what would you pick? Well, I would pick U because it’s better to get hurt than have a heart without U.

Within you, I lost myself. Without you, I found myself wanting to be lost again.

Why do I text you? It’s my choice. It’s my way of saying I remember you. Why do I remember you? It’s my choice. It proves that I care. Why do I care? I don’t know. It’s not my choice but my heart’s.

If you think I’m looking at you, staring at you or giving you the eye, I am because I’m trying to see if you have wings. My mother told me all angels have them.

I never intended to be the most important person in your life, that’s just too much to ask. But I do hope that I’d cross your mind and you’d smile thinking that I touched your life in a special way.

We came together underneath the stars above. What started out as liking soon turned into love. I sensed a certain something in my heart that was true. I know I waited all my life to fall in love with you.

If I’ll die tom, you know what I’ll do? I’d spend 23 hours with you. You may ask and think about the last hour. You know what? I’d spend it looking for a person who will love you the way I do.

The reason why I met you is destiny but if destiny will suggest that I live without you, I’ll live not by destiny but of free will.

Don’t stop your tears from falling, I’m here to wipe them dry, here to stop the hurting whenever someone says goodbye. I may not be the person to make the hurting end but I’d do anything to never see you hurt again.

I don’t need someone who’ll just be there, I need someone who’ll be there holding me and sincerely caring for me till God takes my last breath. So do I make sense if I tell you I need you?

If goodbye will be the last word I have to say before I die, I wouldn’t let it be spoken. I’d rather die than to say goodbye to a person that I don’t want to give up even after eternal life.

When everything seems to be unfair, when all that you do is not appreciated, I’ll take your hand, wipe away your tears, take you for a walk and remind you how special you are. If not for them, for me.

I wish I could be with you every night, watch you fall asleep and kiss you goodnight. When I get to heaven, I know just what to do. I’ll spend eternity watching over you.

I asked a friend what love is, he told me it’s when you can’t stop thinking of him and when the thought of him makes you smile. When I met you, I told myself, “This must be it.”

So many of us either fear tomorrow or regret yesterday. Me? I won’t fear tomorrow if I’d get to be with you. And I don’t regret yesterday cause one yesterday, I met you.

If I were deaf, I’ll hear your laughter through your smile. If I were mute, I’ll speak to you through your eyes. If I were blind, I’ll see you through your touch. I can live without my senses but life won’t make sense without you.

I’ll walk with you through the desert heat, I’ll climb the mountain’s highest peak, I’ll swim forever in the deepest sea just to prove to you that you mean life to me.

One day, we might forget the people that once came to our lives. But I know that when that day comes, I won’t forget you. Cause you didn’t just come into my life, you became a part of it.

I often catch myself constantly wondering how you are, sitting alone with my mind set so far, reminiscing about your smile, your voice and touch. Damn this life! I’m missing you too much.

Cookie Monster said, “Sometimes me think what is love. And then me think love is what last chocolate cookie is for. Me give up the last chocolate cookie for you.”

One day you’ll ask me which is more important to me, you or my life. I’ll say, “Of course, my life.” And you’ll go and walk away without even knowing that you are my life.

When I was walking alone, I wished that I can reach the end of the road. But when you walked with me, I wished the road would never end because I would rather be lost with you than reach the end without you.

I had a bad dream. They cut off my feet, I crawled towards you. They ripped my tongue, I cried in pain for your name. They took my heart away and I died. But my love for you remained.

You’re all I need beside me, girl. You’re all I need to turn my world. You’re all I need inside my heart. You’re all I need when we’re apart. All I need is you to believe all that I need is you.

If you’re leaving, take me with you. If you’re running away, take me too. If you’re jumping off, hold my hand as you do. I love life but it’s worth losing if I lose it with you.

I want to scream, I want to shout, I want to have faith and never doubt. I want to bend, I want to break, to sleep and never wake, to break down walls and to escape, be alone and hide my face. I want to feel, I want to touch, I want to stop wanting you so much.

It’s not true that the perception of an angel is someone who wears white dress and with wings. Instead, they look exactly like us. If you don’t want to believe me, look in front of a mirror and there, you’ll see my angel.

Need I say I care when you see I really do? Need I say I love you when life to me is you? Need I say I need you when I mean everything I do? Need I say the words? Just tell me and I’d say them all for you.

If there will be a time you think you miss me, don’t think about it. Instead, try to feel it with your heart. You’ll find out that you don’t miss me at all. Cause you’ll know better, that I never left you.

I love you but you make me cry, you hurt me and make me feel stupid. But you know why I hold on? Cause I know I’ll be crying harder, get hurt even more and feel dumber if I ever let you go.

God asked me if I were to live again what would I be. I told him I want to be an angel to guide you. He said, “But you don’t have to guide another angel.” I then answered, “Well, I can love one.”

I don’t want to put on my mind that someday, I’d have to see you walking away from me. But before it happens, I just want to clarify something. You may go. But I’ve got no reason not to follow.

I wish you were with me so I can tell you directly how much you mean to me. I’ll hold you tight and hug you near my heart so that you can hear what it’s trying to whisper, “You’re the reason why I’m beating.”

To love is nothing. To be loved is something. To love and be loved is everything. I am nothing, you're something so let me be your everything.

Let the world fall into pieces tomorrow, let the planets collide and the stars come tumbling down. I don’t need another day now that my dream has come true. Lucky me, now I have you.

An angel asked me a while ago to give him one good reason why I love you so much. I smiled and said, “Because there’s no reason not to.”

If I count how many times you’ve crossed my mind in my entire life, I’d be lying if I say it was too many. Cause you only crossed my mind once. Why? Cause you never left it!

If I could reach up and hold a star for everytime you’ve made me smile, the entire evening sky would be in the palm of my hand.

We may not be lovers kissing each other, holding hands, exchanging I love you’s. I may not be your girl but one thing’s for sure, that when I find someone like you, I’ll marry him.

The only way to know that someone truly loves you is when after you’ve turned him down, you see him rise from the fall, walk up to you and say, “I love you more now than I ever did before.”

Who would have thought that you were once just a stranger who used to pass me by without even saying hi, when now you’re someone with whom I share the best moments of my life?

I had a dream last night. You were there. I tried to hide you but they came to take you away. I tried to wake myself up to stop the pain, I never did. But I want you to know, I died fighting.

I saw you in a crowd, my eyes were set on you. It was like no one else was there, just us two. Could I be dreaming, could all these be real? Am I really feeling what I’m not supposed to feel? I can’t believe it, could this be true? Could this be that I’m falling for you?

Never lose hope on the person you have chosen to love. If he would always be the reason why your heart aches, who cares? He’d still be the very reason why your heart beats anyway.

If my heart breaks into a million pieces, I want you to have every bit of it. Then I’ll ask you to scatter them across the sky. There they’ll turn into stars so everyone could see how much I love you.

To love is something I was afraid to do but there is something different about you. You made me do something I swore not to do. You made me fall in love with you.

If you ask me how much I love you, I won’t say anything. I’ll just take your hand, fill the gaps between your fingers and hold on to you until all your doubts are gone.

You think I’m strong? Well, though I seem to be tough, I’m afraid of one thing. It’s realizing that I’ve lost the person whom I gather strength from. So don’t ever go. I’m not that strong.

If ever I was given the chance to start my life all over again, I would rather not accept it. Why not? Who knows? In that second start, I may not have known you at all.

I would like to invite you to my wedding. It’s the day I’ve been dreaming of my whole life. Please come. You don’t have to bring a gift. All you have to do is walk down the aisle with me and say, “Yes, Father. I do.”

I’ve honestly tried to let you go, I’ve honestly tried to forget you, I’ve honestly tried not to think of you but I honestly can’t cause I honestly don’t want to.

Lead me not into temptation. Heaven, help me to be strong. I can’t fight all that I'm feeling and I can’t do it alone. Help me break this spell that I’m under, guide my feet and hold me tight. I need her as my angel to watch over me tonight.

If I tell you I love you, you’ll think I’m lying. But I’d rather tell you I love you and let you think that I’m lying than to say I don’t love you and know, for a fact, that I’m lying.

I’m afraid to close my eyes cause I might think of you. I’m afraid to open them cause I might see you. I’m afraid to move my lips cause I might speak of you. I’m afraid to listen cause I might hear my heart falling for you.

I’m so shy to tell you this, that I’m so in love with you. I’ll not ask for anything else but for this one thing. Remember, this is not just a quote.

If you find yourself in a dark room, walls around you are red and blood comes from everywhere, don’t be scared. You’re inside my heart.

Sometimes, it’s hard to find words to tell you how much you mean to me. A lot of times, I don’t say anything at all. But I hope someday, you’ll understand, having you is what I live for.

Life is not a series of meaningless accidents. When things are bound to happen, they surely will. You are not an accident and I was meant to know you. That’s serendipity.

One night, the moon said to me, “If he makes you cry, why don’t you leave him?” I looked at the moon and said, “Moon, would you ever leave your sky?”

If kisses were stars, I’d give you the sky. If touches were tears, I would cry. If love was water, I’d give you the sea. And be with you for all eternity.

It’s a sweet thing for a guy to say, “I love you” even though he doesn’t mean it. However, the sweetest thing he can say is, “I don’t love you” when he is crying inside.

I have smiled to many people for more than a billion times but when I first saw you, my heart took over and smiled for the first time.

Peterpan came one night and invited me to Neverland where I can never grow old. I was about to go but I refused cause I thought of something better to do. That is to grow old with you.

Walking under the rain feels so lonely and cold. But if you were there beside me to share the warmth of your love then I would want to stay under the rain for the rest of my life.

The greatest view: Standing along a coast of a clear beach, sunset making the skies orange with violet from above the horizon, partly stormy. The best part? You were standing beside me.

If you were a wound inside my heart, I’d rather leave it there with all the pain locked inside than leave it without a trace of you.

I’ve always been told to share my blessings and I’ve been generous. But when I met you, I said to myself, “What the heck? You’re one of the few blessings I don’t wanna share with anyone else.”

I may not get to see you as often as I like, I may not get to hold you in my arms all through the night. But deep in my heart, I truly know, you're the one that I love and I can’t let you go.

Each time I miss you, a star falls down from the sky. So if you look up and find it dark, it is all your fault. You made me miss you too much!

I want to be with you forever so that I can love you in a way that no one else can and care for you in a manner that only I would. But they broke my heart when they said forever isn’t true. Can we prove them wrong by working on forever, just me and you?

You see, I’m not an angel though I wanted to be. I’ve hurt so many people just by being me. But you, a stranger, who passed by me, became an angel in my heart where no one can see.

I never knew you until I did. And when I finally did, you were like someone I’ve known for a very long time. I then remembered, you are the one my heart has been talking about.

I was sent here by God to watch over you but I fell and broke my wings. You helped me up and now I’m your angel with broken wings, unable to leave your side for I have fallen for you.

If there’s one thing I would ask God before I leave the world right now, there’s nothing more I would wish for than to have a glimpse of you and hear your voice before the last beat of my heart.

"Dear, for you I'd kill the Loch Ness monster with a shoe."

Hahahaha good one :D

Okay, maybe not that one.  :ph34r:

• Like 1

1. "The best love is the kind that awakens the soul; that makes us reach for more, that plants the fire in our hearts and brings peace to our minds. That’s what I hope to give you forever." — The Notebook

2. "You know when you're in love when you can't fall asleep because reality is finally better than your dreams." — Dr. Seuss

3. "The greatest happiness of life is the conviction that we are loved; loved for ourselves, or rather, loved in spite of ourselves." — Victor Hugo

4. "All, everything that I understand, I only understand because I love." — Leo Tolstoy

5. "Once you truly believe you're worthy of love, you will never settle for anyone's second best treatment." — Charles J. Orlando

6. "When you trip over love, it is easy to get up. But when you fall in love, it is impossible to stand again." — Albert Einstein

7. "And remember, as it was written, to love another person is to see the face of God." — Les Miserables

8. "If a thing loves, it is infinite." — William Blake

9. "With love one can live even without happiness." — Fyodor Dostoyevsky

10. "It's a very dangerous state. You are inclined to recklessness and kind of tune out the rest of your life and everything that's been important to you. It's actually not all that pleasurable. I don't know who the hell wants to get in a situation where you can't bear an hour without somebody's company." — Colin Firth

11. "It's an unexplainable feeling, an expression. It's a touch, it's a feel. Once you feel it, it's like no other thing in the world." — Snoop Dogg on love

12. "The best and most beautiful things in this world cannot be seen or even heard, but must be felt with the heart." — Helen Keller

13. "A dream you dream alone is only a dream. A dream you dream together is reality." — John Lennon

14. "To love is nothing. To be loved is something. But to love and be loved, that’s everything." — T. Tolis

15. "Lots of people want to ride with you in the limo, but what you want is someone who will take the bus with you when the limo breaks down." — Oprah Winfrey

16. "In order to be happy oneself it is necessary to make at least one other person happy." — Theodor Reik

17. "The heart wants what it wants. There's no logic to these things. You meet someone and you fall in love and that's that." — Woody Allen

18. "There's no substitute for a great love who says, 'No matter what's wrong with you, you're welcome at this table.'" — Tom Hanks

19. "If you live to be a hundred, I want to live to be a hundred minus one day so I never have to live without you." — A. A. Milne

20. "You don't love someone because they're perfect, you love them in spite of the fact that they're not." ― Jodi Picoult, My Sister's Keeper

21. "I would rather spend one lifetime with you, than face all the ages of this world alone." — Lord of The Rings

22. "If I know what love is, it is because of you." — Herman Hesse

23. "Don’t forget I’m just a girl, standing in front of a boy, asking him to love her." — Anna (Julia Roberts) to William (Hugh Grant)

24. "It is not a lack of love, but a lack of friendship that makes unhappy marriages." ― Friedrich Nietzsche

26. "When you realize you want to spend the rest of your life with somebody, you want the rest of your life to start as soon as possible." — When Harry Met Sally

27. "At the touch of love everyone becomes a poet." ― Plato

28. "We are most alive when we're in love." — John Updike

29. "Love means never having to say you’re sorry." — Ali MacGraw in Love Story

30. "People must learn to hate and if they can learn to hate, they can be taught to love. " — Nelson Mandela

31. "Pleasure of love lasts but a moment. Pain of love lasts a lifetime." — Bette Davis

32. "Being deeply loved by someone gives you strength, while loving someone deeply gives you courage." — Lao Tzu

33. "Love is like war: easy to begin but very hard to stop." — H. L. Mencken

34. "Every person has to love at least one bad partner in their lives to be truly thankful for the right one." — Unknown

35. "We are shaped and fashioned by those we love." — Geothe

36. "When love is not madness it is not love." ― Pedro Calderón de la Barca

37. "Love is an untamed force. When we try to control it, it destroys us. When we try to imprison it, it enslaves us. When we try to understand it, it leaves us feeling lost and confused." ― Paulo Coelho

38. "Love is so short, forgetting is so long." ― Pablo Neruda

39. "One word frees us of all the weight and pain of life: That word is love." ― Sophocles

40. "You know it's love when all you want is that person to be happy, even if you're not part of their happiness." — Julia Roberts

41. "The greater your capacity to love, the greater your capacity to feel the pain." — Jennifer Aniston

42. "A kiss is a lovely trick designed by nature to stop speech when words become superfluous." — Ingrid Bergman

43. "When two people love each other, they don't look at each other, they look in the same direction." — Ginger Rogers

44. "The greatest thing you'll ever learn Is to love and be loved in return." — "Unforgettable with Love" by Natalie Cole

45. "I have decided to stick to love; hate is too great a burden to bear." — Martin Luther King, Jr.

46. "You don't love someone for their looks, or their clothes, or for their fancy car, but because they sing a song only you can hear." — Oscar Wilde

47. "Better to have lost and loved than never to have loved at all." — Hemingway

48. "All you need is love. But a little chocolate now and then doesn't hurt." — Charles Schulz

49. "Where there is love there is life." — Mahatma Gandhi

50. "And in the end, the love you take, is equal to the love you make." — Paul McCartney

• Like 1

1. "A heart that loves is always young." - Greek Proverb

2. "Love is a two-way street constantly under construction." - Carroll Bryant

3. "Tell him I'm going to the back seat of my car with the woman I love, and I won't be back for ten minutes!" - Homer Simpson

4. "Falling in love is when she falls asleep in your arms and wakes up in your dreams." - Unknown

5. "Man may have discovered fire, but women discovered how to play with it." - Candace Bushnell

6. "Love is the answer, but while you're waiting for the answer, sex raises some pretty interesting questions." - Woody Allen

7. "The only thing worse than a boy who hates you: a boy that loves you." - Markus Zusak

8. "It wasn't love at first sight. It took a full five minutes." - Lucille Ball (on Desi Arnaz)

9. "If you live to be a hundred, I want to live to be a hundred minus one day, so I never have to live without you." - Winnie the Pooh

10. "When I saw you, I was afraid to meet you. When I met you, I was afraid to kiss you. When I kissed you, I was afraid to love you. Now that I love you, I am afraid to lose you." - Anonymous

11. "True love stories never have endings." - Richard Bach

12. "Just give me a comfortable couch, a dog, a good book, and a woman. Then if you can get the dog to go somewhere and read the book, I might have a little fun." - Groucho Marx

13. "A hug is like a boomerang: you get it back right away." - Bil Keane

14. "Sexiness wears thin after a while and beauty fades, but to be married to a man who makes you laugh every day, ah, now that's a real treat." - Joanne Woodward

15. "In my sex fantasy, nobody ever loves me for my mind." - Nora Ephron

16. "Love thy neighbor—and if he happens to be tall, debonair, and devastating, it will be that much easier." - Mae West

17. "I married the first man I ever kissed. When I tell this to my children, they just about throw up." - Barbara Bush

18. "Maybe you don't need the whole world to love you, you know. Maybe you just need one person." - Kermit the Frog

19. "Don't cry because it's over; smile because it happened." - Dr. Seuss

20. "There is a place you can touch a woman that will drive her crazy: her heart." - Melanie Griffith in Milk Money

21. "No, I don't think I will kiss you, although you need kissing badly. That's what's wrong." - Rhett Butler in Gone With the Wind

22. "Love is like Pi: natural, irrational, and very important." - Lisa Hoffman

23. "There's always room for love. You just have to move a few things around." - Anonymous

24. "Above all things I believe in love. Love is like oxygen. Love is a many-splendored thing. Love lifts us up where we belong. All you need is love!" - Christian in Moulin Rouge

25. "Love is like an hourglass, with the heart filling up as the brain empties" - Jules Renard

26. "Some people never say the words 'I love you,' for like a child they're longing to be told." - Paul Simon

27. "I am good, but not an angel. I do sin, but I am not the devil. I am just a small girl in a big world trying to find someone to love." - Marilyn Monroe

28. "That's why they call them crushes. If they were easy, they'd call them something else." - Sixteen Candles

29. "We were together. I forget the rest." -Walt Whitman

30. "Sometimes I wish I had never met you, because then I could go to sleep at night not knowing there was someone like you out there." - Good Will Hunting

Photo: Pinterest

31. "First love is only a little foolishness and a lot of curiosity. No really self-respecting woman would take advantage of it." - George Bernard Shaw

32. "All you need is love. But a little chocolate now and then doesn't hurt." - Charles Schulz

33. "As long as you know most men are like children, you know everything." - Coco Chanel

34. "The truth is you don't know what is going to happen tomorrow. Life is a crazy ride, and nothing is guaranteed." - Eminem

35. "Love is a fire. But whether it is going to warm your heart or burn down your house, you can never tell." - Joan Crawford

36. "Don't let your past dictate who you are, but let it be part of who you will become." - My Big Fat Greek Wedding

37. "Work like you don't need the money. Love like you've never been hurt. Dance like nobody's watching." - Satchel Paige

38. "A lady's imagination is very rapid; it jumps from admiration to love, from love to matrimony in a moment." - Jane Austen

39. "Hearts will never be practical until they are made unbreakable." - Wizard of Oz

40. "Men should be like Kleenex ... soft, strong, disposable." - Cher

41. "The being in love is better than the falling in love." - Simply Irresistible

42. "It's a wonderful thing, as time goes by, to be with someone who looks into your face when you've gotten old, and still sees what you think you look like." - The Bachelor (film)

43. "And, in the end, the love you take is equal to the love you make." - Paul McCartney

44. "The truth is everyone is going to hurt you. You just got to find the ones worth suffering for." - Bob Marley

45. "You don't love someone for their looks, or their clothes, or for their fancy car, but because they sing a song only you can hear." -O scar Wilde

46. "Anyone can be passionate, but it takes real love to be silly." - Rose Franken

47. "I'll let you be in my dreams if I can be in yours." - Bob Dylan

• Like 1

“No matter what has happened. No matter what you’ve done. No matter what you will do. I will always love you. I swear it.”

––Defiance by C.J. Redwine

“I wanted to tell you that wherever I am, whatever happens, I’ll always think of you, and the time we spent together, as my happiest time. I’d do it all over again, if I had the choice. No regrets.”

––Boundless by Cynthia Hand

“And in her smile I see something more beautiful than the stars.”

––Across the Universe by Beth Revis

“It’s one thing to fall in love. It’s another to feel someone else fall in love with you, and to feel a responsibility toward that love.”

––Every Day by David Levithan

“I love you the way a drowning man loves air. And it would destroy me to have you just a little.”

––The Crown of Embers by Rae Carson

“I’m in love with you, and I’m not in the business of denying myself the simple pleasure of saying true things. I’m in love with you, and I know that love is just a shout into the void, and that oblivion is inevitable, and that we’re all doomed and that there will come a day when all our labor has been returned to dust, and I know the sun will swallow the only earth we’ll ever have, and I am in love with you.”

––The Fault in Our Stars by John Green

“I never loved you any more than I do, right this second. And I’ll never love you any less than I do, right this second.”

––Beautiful Creatures by Kami Garcia, Margaret Stohl

“Sometimes I can’t see myself when I’m with you. I can only just see you.”

––Tiger Lily by Jodi Lynn Anderson

“I am catastrophically in love with you.”

––Clockwork Princess by Cassandra Clare

“I knew the second I met you that there was something about you I needed. Turns out it wasn’t something about you at all. It was just you.”

––Beautiful Disaster by Jamie McGuire

“I love you. Remember. They cannot take it”

––Delirium by Lauren Oliver

“I want everyone to meet you. You’re my favorite person of all time.”

––Eleanor and Park by Rainbow Rowell

“If my love were an ocean,

there would be no more land.

If my love were a desert,

you would see only sand.

If my love were a star-

late at night, only light.

And if my love could grow wings,

I’d be soaring in flight.”

––Thirteen Reasons Why by Jay Asher

“There is never a time or place for true love. It happens accidentally, in a heartbeat, in a single flashing, throbbing moment.”

––The Truth About Forever by Sarah Dessen

“I don’t care how hard being together is, nothing is worse than being apart.”

––Starcrossed by Josephine Angelini

“I want to be the friend you fall hopelessly in love with. The one you take into your arms and into your bed and into the private world you keep trapped in your head. I want to be that kind of friend. The one who will memorize the things you say as well as the shape of your lips when you say them. I want to know every curve, every freckle, every shiver of your body.

I want to know where to touch you, I want to know how to touch you. I want to know convince you to design a smile just for me. Yes, I do want to be your friend. I want to be your best friend in the entire world.”

––Unravel Me by Tahereh Mafi

“But you’ve slipped under my skin, invaded my blood and seized my heart.”

––Poison Study by Maria V. Snyder

“And I’ve realized that the Beatles got it wrong. Love isn’t all we need—love is all there is.”

––Second Chance Summer by Morgan Matson

“Love lets you find those hidden places in another person, even the ones they didn’t know were there, even the ones they wouldn’t have thought to call beautiful themselves.”

––Wild Awake by Hilary T. Smith

“No matter where I went, I always knew my way back to you. You are my compass star.”

––For Darkness Shows the Stars by Diana Peterfreund

We accept the love we think we deserve.
— Stephen Chbosky (The Perks of Being a Wallflower)

We waste time looking for the perfect lover, instead of creating the perfect love.
— Tom Robbins

Some women choose to follow men, and some women choose to follow their dreams. If you’re wondering which way to go, remember that your career will never wake up and tell you that it doesn’t love you anymore.
— Lady Gaga

Love is a fire. But whether it is going to warm your hearth or burn down your house, you can never tell.
— Joan Crawford

The difference between sex and love is that sex relieves tension and love causes it.
— Woody Allen

I love you without knowing how, or when, or from where. I love you simply, without problems or pride: I love you in this way because I do not know any other way of loving but this, in which there is no I or you, so intimate that your hand upon my chest is my hand, so intimate that when I fall asleep your eyes close.
— Pablo Neruda

To love at all is to be vulnerable. Love anything and your heart will be wrung and possibly broken. If you want to make sure of keeping it intact you must give it to no one, not even an animal. Wrap it carefully round with hobbies and little luxuries; avoid all entanglements. Lock it up safe in the casket or coffin of your selfishness. But in that casket, safe, dark, motionless, airless, it will change. It will not be broken; it will become unbreakable, impenetrable, irredeemable. To love is to be vulnerable.
— C.S. Lewis

I believe that imagination is stronger than knowledge. That myth is more potent than history. That dreams are more powerful than facts. That hope always triumphs over experience. That laughter is the only cure for grief. And I believe that love is stronger than death.
— Robert Fulghum (All I Really Need to Know I Learned in Kindergarten)

You don’t love someone for their looks, or their clothes, or for their fancy car, but because they sing a song only you can hear.
— Oscar Wilde

Love does not begin and end the way we seem to think it does. Love is a battle, love is a war; love is a growing up.
— James Baldwin

What Is Love? I have met in the streets a very poor young man who was in love. His hat was old, his coat worn, the water passed through his shoes and the stars through his soul
— Victor Hugo

It takes courage to love, but pain through love is the purifying fire which those who love generously know. We all know people who are so much afraid of pain that they shut themselves up like clams in a shell and, giving out nothing, receive nothing and therefore shrink until life is a mere living death.
— Eleanor Roosevelt

Anyone who falls in love is searching for the missing pieces of themselves. So anyone who’s in love gets sad when they think of their lover. It’s like stepping back inside a room you have fond memories of, one you haven’t seen in a long time.
— Haruki Murakami

• Like 1

A friend is someone who knows all about you and still loves you.
— Elbert Hubbard

95. Friendship is born at that moment when one person says to another: What! You too? I thought that no one but myself . . .
— C.S. Lewis

94. I carry your heart (I carry it in my heart).
— ee Cummings

93. Give in to love, or live in fear.
— Jonathan Larson, “Rent”

92. If you love two people at the same time, choose the second. Because if you really loved the first one, you wouldn’t have fallen for the second.
— Johnny Depp

johnny-depp.png?w=867&h=1080

91. I love you without knowing how, or when, or from where. I love you simply, without problems or pride: I love you in this way because I do not know any other way of loving but this, in which there is no I or you, so intimate that your hand upon my chest is my hand, so intimate that when I fall asleep your eyes close.
— Pablo Neruda

90. Being deeply loved by someone gives you strength, while loving someone deeply gives you courage.
— Lao Tzu

MORE: 30 Amazing Dating Quotes to Inspire You

89. Love is that condition in which the happiness of another person is essential to your own.

— Robert A. Heinlein

88. There is nothing I would not do for those who are really my friends. I have no notion of loving people by halves, it is not my nature.
— Jane Austen

87. To love at all is to be vulnerable. Love anything and your heart will be wrung and possibly broken. If you want to make sure of keeping it intact you must give it to no one, not even an animal. Wrap it carefully round with hobbies and little luxuries; avoid all entanglements. Lock it up safe in the casket or coffin of your selfishness. But in that casket, safe, dark, motionless, airless, it will change. It will not be broken; it will become unbreakable, impenetrable, irredeemable. To love is to be vulnerable.
— C.S. Lewis

86. Love cannot save you from your own fate.
— Jim Morrison

85. When I despair, I remember that all through history the way of truth and love have always won. There have been tyrants and murderers, and for a time, they can seem invincible, but in the end, they always fall. Think of it—always.
— Mahatma Gandhi

84. I love you as certain dark things are to be loved, in secret, between the shadow and the soul.
— Pablo Neruda

83. If music be the food of love, play on.
— William Shakespeare

82. I believe that imagination is stronger than knowledge. That myth is more potent than history. That dreams are more powerful than facts. That hope always triumphs over experience. That laughter is the only cure for grief. And I believe that love is stronger than death.
— Robert Fulghum (All I Really Need to Know I Learned in Kindergarten)

81. Women are meant to be loved, not to be understood.
— Oscar Wilde

80. Love is always patient and kind. It is never jealous. Love is never boastful or conceited. It is never rude or selfish. It does not take offense and is not resentful. Love takes no pleasure in other people’s sins, but delights in the truth. It is always ready to excuse, to trust, to hope, and to endure whatever comes.
— Anonymous (The New Jerusalem Bible (NJB))

79. Promise me you’ll always remember: You’re braver than you believe, and stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
— A.A. Milne

78. Never love anyone who treats you like you’re ordinary.
— Oscar Wilde

oscar-wilde.png?w=867&h=1080

77. Your task is not to seek for love, but merely to seek and find all the barriers within yourself that you have built against it.
— Rumi

76. You don’t love someone for their looks, or their clothes, or for their fancy car, but because they sing a song only you can hear.
— Oscar Wilde

75. Love does not begin and end the way we seem to think it does. Love is a battle, love is a war; love is a growing up.
— James Baldwin

MORE: The 12 Things To Never Do on a First Date

74. There is always some madness in love. But there is also always some reason in madness.
— Friedrich Nietzsche

73. I’m here. I love you. I don’t care if you need to stay up crying all night long, I will stay with you. There’s nothing you can ever do to lose my love. I will protect you until you die, and after your death I will still protect you. I am stronger than Depression and I am braver than Loneliness and nothing will ever exhaust me.
— Elizabeth Gilbert (Eat, Pray, Love)

72. It is better to be hated for what you are than to be loved for what you are not.
—André Gide

andre-gide.png?w=867&h=1080

71. What Is Love? I have met in the streets a very poor young man who was in love. His hat was old, his coat worn, the water passed through his shoes and the stars through his soul
— Victor Hugo

70. Sorrow is how we learn to love. Your heart isn’t breaking. It hurts because it’s getting larger. The larger it gets, the more love it holds.
— Rita Mae Brown

69. You pierce my soul. I am half agony, half hope…I have loved none but you.
— Jane Austen

68. It takes courage to love, but pain through love is the purifying fire which those who love generously know. We all know people who are so much afraid of pain that they shut themselves up like clams in a shell and, giving out nothing, receive nothing and therefore shrink until life is a mere living death.
— Eleanor Roosevelt

67. Anyone who falls in love is searching for the missing pieces of themselves. So anyone who’s in love gets sad when they think of their lover. It’s like stepping back inside a room you have fond memories of, one you haven’t seen in a long time.
— Haruki Murakami

66. Men are from Earth. Women are from Earth. Deal with it.
— George Carlin 

george-carlin.png?w=867&h=1080

65. Absence diminishes small loves and increases great ones, as the wind blows out the candle and fans the bonfire.
— François de La Rochefoucauld

64. What is hell? I maintain that it is the suffering of being unable to love.
— Fyodor Dostoyevsky

63. Holding people away from you, and denying yourself love, that doesn’t make you strong. if anything, it makes you weaker. Because you’re doing it out of fear.
— Sarah Dessen

62. How do I love thee? Let me count the ways. I love thee to the depth and breadth and height My soul can reach.
— Elizabeth Barrett Browning

61. I fell in love with her courage, her sincerity, and her flaming self respect. And it’s these things I’d believe in, even if the whole world indulged in wild suspicions that she wasn’t all she should be. I love her and it is the beginning of everything.
— F. Scott Fitzgerald, on wife Zelda

MORE: The 101 Ways to Wash Every Piece in Your Closet

60. Piglet: “How do you spell ‘love’?” Winnie the Pooh: “You don’t spell it…you feel it.”
— A.A. Milne, Winnie the Poo

59. Love can make even nice people do awful things.
— Jude Deveraux

58. To love oneself is the beginning of a lifelong romance.
— Oscar Wilde

57. Have enough courage to trust love one more time and always one more time.
— Maya Angelou

56. No matter how lovesick a woman is, she shouldn’t take the first pill that comes along.
— Joyce Brothers

joyce-brothers.png?w=867&h=1080

55. My wish is that you may be loved to the point of madness.
— André Breton (What is Surrealism?: Selected Writings)

54. A purpose of human life, no matter who is controlling it, is to love whoever is around to be loved.
— Kurt Vonnegut

53. Romance is the glamour which turns the dust of everyday life into a golden haze.
— Elinor Glyn

52. You’ll get over it…” It’s the clichés that cause the trouble. To lose someone you love is to alter your life for ever. You don’t get over it because ‘it” is the person you loved. The pain stops, there are new people, but the gap never closes. How could it? The particularness of someone who mattered enough to grieve over is not made anodyne by death. This hole in my heart is in the shape of you and no-one else can fit it. Why would I want them to?
— Jeanette Winterson

MORE: 101 Tips to Improve Your Relationship Right Now

51. About all you can do in life is be who you are. Some people will love you for you. Most will love you for what you can do for them, and some won’t like you at all.
— Rita Mae Brown

50. The highest function of love is that it makes the loved one a unique and irreplaceable being.
— Tom Robbins

49. To be fully seen by somebody, then, and be loved anyhow – this is a human offering that can border on miraculous.
— Elizabeth Gilbert

48. This is what we call love. When you are loved, you can do anything in creation. When you are loved, there’s no need at all to understand what’s happening, because everything happens within you.
— Paulo Coelho

47. I can write the saddest poem of all tonight. I loved her, and sometimes she loved me too.
— Pablo Neruda

46. There is only one page left to write on. I will fill it with words of only one syllable. I love. I have loved. I will love.
— Audrey Niffenegger (The Time Traveler’s Wife)

45. Happiness is having a large, loving, caring, close-knit family. In another city.
— George Burns

george-burns.png?w=867&h=1080

44. I have decided to stick with love. Hate is too great a burden to bear.
— Martin Luther King, Jr.

43. A loving heart is the beginning of all knowledge.
— Thomas Carlyle

42. A man is already halfway in love with any woman who listens to him.
— Brendan Francis

41. Do not seek the because – in love there is no because, no reason, no explanation, no solutions.
— Anais Nin

40. The only abnormality is the incapacity to love.
— Anais Nin

39. Love yourself first and everything else falls into line. You really have to love yourself to get anything done in this world.
— Lucille Ball

38. ‘Cause your love got the best of me, and baby you’re making a fool of me. You got me sprung and i don’t care who sees, ’cause baby you got me so crazy.
— Beyonce, “Crazy in Love”

37. When you realize you want to spend the rest of your life with somebody, you want the rest of your life to start as soon as possible.
— Nora Ephron, “When Harry Met Sally”

36. The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched. They must be felt with the heart.
— Helen Keller

35. Love is our true destiny. We do not find the meaning of life by
ourselves alone – we find it with another.
— Thomas Merton

34. It is not a lack of love, but a lack of friendship that makes unhappy marriages.
— Friedrich Nietzsche

friedrich-nietzshe.png?w=867&h=1080

33. The best thing to hold onto in life is each other.

— Audrey Hepburn

32. Love makes your soul crawl out from its hiding place.
— Zora Neale Hurston

31. Once the realization is accepted that even between the closest human beings infinite distances continue, a wonderful living side by side can grow, if they succeed in loving the distance between them which
makes it possible for each to see the other whole against the sky.
— Rainer Maria Rilke

30. Love is an irresistible desire to be irresistibly desired.
— Robert Frost

29. A part of kindness consists in loving people more than they deserve.
— Joseph Joubert

28. The giving of love is an education in itself.
— Eleanor Roosevelt

27. Love does not consist in gazing at each other, but in looking outward together in the same direction.
— Antoine de Saint-Exupery

26. You never lose by loving. You always lose by holding back.
— Barbara de Angelis

25. For small creatures such as we, the vastness is bearable only through love.
— Carl Sagan

24. What the work really needs is more love and less paperwork.
— Pearl Bailey

pearl-bailey.png?w=867&h=1080

23. If you wish to be loved, show more of your faults than your virtues.
— Edward G. Bulwer-Lytton

22. Love is grand. Divorce is a hundred grand.
— Unknown 

21. You can’t put a price tag on love, but you can on all its accessories.
— Melanie Clark

20. It’s useless to hold a person to anything he says while he’s in love, drunk, or running for office.
— Shirley MacLaine

19. To love another person is to see the face of God.
—Victor Hugo

18. Love is being stupid together.
— Paul Valery

17. Love consists in this, that two solitudes protect and touch and greet each other.
— Rainer Maria Rilke

16. Love is an act of endless forgiveness, a tender look which becomes a habit.
— Peter Ustinov

15. When we are in love we seem to ourselves quite different from what we
were before.
— Blaise Pascal

14. Love is suffering. One side always loves more.
— Catherine Deneuve

13. Sometimes it’s hard to be a woman giving all your love to just one man.
— Tammy Wynette

12. Love is a sacred reserve of energy; it is like the blood of spiritual evolution.
— Pierre Teilhard de Chardin

11. Happiness isn’t getting what you want, it’s wanting what you got.
— Garth Brooks

10. To love and be loved is to feel the sun from both sides.
— David Viscott

9. Accustom yourself continually to make many acts of love, for they enkindle and melt the soul.
— Saint Teresa of Avila

8. Love is a mutual self-giving which ends in self-recovery.
— Fulton J. Sheen

7. It is easier to love humanity as a whole than to love one’s neighbor.
— Eric Hoffer

6. Love is like a faucet, it turns off and on.
— Billie Holiday

billie-holiday-1.png?w=867&h=1080

5. Soul mate: two little words, one big concept. A belief that someone, somewhere, is holding the key to your heart.
—Carrie Bradshaw, “Sex and the City”

4. Gravitation is not responsible for people falling in love.
— Albert Einstein

3. Love is the extremely difficult realization that something other than oneself is real.
— Iris Murdoch

2. Happiness is the china shop, love is the bull.
— H.L. Mencken

1. If you love somebody, let them go, for if they return, they were always yours. And if they don’t, they never were.
— Khalil Gibran

"Let the world stop turning, Let the sun stop burning, Let them tell me love's not worth going through. If it all falls apart, I will know deep in my heart, The only dream that mattered had come true ...In this life I was loved by you." - Bette Midler (1945~) American Singer. Entertainer, Actor

"Love looks through a telescope; envy through a microscope." - Josh Billings (1818-1885) [Henry Wheeler Shaw] American Humorist

"My bounty is as boundless as the sea, my love as deep. The more I give thee, the more I have, For both are infinite." - William Shakespeare (1564-1616) English Poet, Playwright, Actor

"Love is the master key that opens the gates of happiness." - Oliver Wendell Holmes, Sr. (1809-1894) American Poet, Wit, Essayist, Scholar

"What lies behind you and what lies in front of you, pales in comparison to what lies inside of you." - Ralph Waldo Emerson (1803-1882) American Poet, Essayist

"Accept the things to which fate binds you, and love the people with whom fate brings you together, but do so with all your heart." - Marcus Aurelius Antoninus (121-180AD) Roman Emperor, Philosopher

"This story is about truth, beauty, freedom; but above all things, this story is about love." - Moulin Rouge (The Movie)

"Love: A temporary insanity, curable by marriage. [The Devil's Dictionary]" - Ambrose Bierce (1842-1913) American Author, Editor, Journalist

"To be in love is merely to be In a state of perpetual anesthesia: To mistake an ordinary young man for a Greek god Or an ordinary young woman for a goddess." - Henry Louis Mencken (1880-1956) American Editor, Author, Critic, Humorist

"If ye love wealth greater than liberty, the tranquility of servitude greater than the animating contest for freedom, go home from us in peace. We seek not your counsel nor your arms. Crouch down and lick the hand that feeds you and may posterity forget that ye were once our countrymen." - Samuel Adams (1722-1803) American Revolutionary, Statesman

"LOVE: The irresistable desire to be irresistibly desired." - Mark Twain (1835-1910) [samuel Clemens] American Author, Humorist

"Faults are thick where love is thin." - English Proverb

"Love makes your soul crawl out from its hiding place." - Zora Neale Hurston (1891-1960) American Novelist, Playwright, Anthropologist

"The most important things are the hardest to say, because words diminish them." - Stephen Edwin King (1947~) American Writer

"To fall in love is to create a religion that has a fallible god." - Jorge Luis Borges (1899-1986) Argentinean Author

"Grow old with me! The best is yet to be." - Robert Browning (1812-1889) English Poet

"You cannot be lonely if you like the person you're alone with." - Dr. Wayne W. Dyer (1940~) American Psychotherapist, Author, Lecturer

"Do you love me because I am beautiful, or am I beautiful because you love me?" - Cinderella (The Fairytale)

"'Tis better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all." - Lord Alfred Tennyson (1809-1883) English Poet Laureate

"How lucky I am to have something that makes saying goodbye so hard." - Annie (The Movie)

"If you have it [love], you don't need to have anything else. If you don't have it, it doesn't matter much what else you have." - Sir James Matthew Barrie (1860-1937) Scottish Journalist, Writer, Dramatist

"When love speaks, the voice of all the gods Make heaven drowsy with the harmony. [Love's Labor's Lost]" - William Shakespeare (1564-1616) English Poet, Playwright, Actor

"Time is too slow for those who wait, too swift for those who fear, too long for those who grieve, too short for those who rejoice, but for those who love, time is eternity." - Henry Van Dyke (1852-1933) American Clergyman, Writer

"Without love, what are we worth? Eighty-nine cents! Eighty-nine cents worth of chemicals walking around lonely." - Hawkeye, MASH (Television Show)

"Love is a portion of the soul itself, and it is of the same nature as the celestial breathing of the atmosphere of paradise." - Victor Hugo (1802-1885) French Author, Lyric Poet, Dramatist

"Three grand essentials to happiness in this life are something to do, something to love, and something to hope for." - Joseph Addison (1672-1719) English Essayist, Poet, Statesman

"We come to love not by finding the perfect person, but by learning to see an imperfect person perfectly." - Sam Keen

"Marrying for love may be a bit risky, but it is so honest that God can't help but smile on it." - Josh Billings (1818-1885) [Henry Wheeler Shaw] American Humorist

"The reduction of the universe to a single being, the expansion of a single being even to God, this is love." - Victor Hugo (1802-1885) French Author, Lyric Poet, Dramatist

"Love consists in this, that two solitudes protect and touch and greet each other." - Rainer Maria Rilke (1875-1926) Czechoslovakian-born German Lyric Poet

"How on earth are you ever going to explain in terms of chemistry and physics so important a biological phenomenon as first love?" - Albert Einstein (1879-1955) German-born American Physicist

"I have found men who didn't know how to kiss. I've always found time to teach them." - Mae West (1893-1980) American Actor, Writer

"Love is always open arms. If you close your arms about love you will find that you are left holding only yourself." - Leo F. Buscaglia (1924-1998) American Psychologist, Author, Educator

"The greatest thing you'll ever learn Is to love and be loved in return. [unforgettable]" - Nat King Cole (1919-1965) American Singer, Pianist

"The most precious possession that ever comes to a man in this world is a woman's heart." - Josiah Gilbert Holland (1819-1881) American Author

"Men always want to be a woman's first love - What (women) like is to be a man's last romance." - Oscar Wilde (1854-1900) Irish Author, Poet, Wit, Dramatist

"If music be the food of love; play on." - William Shakespeare (1564-1616) English Poet, Playwright, Actor

"Life is a flower of which love is the honey." - Victor Hugo (1802-1885) French Author, Lyric Poet, Dramatist

"And now here is my secret, a very simple secret; it is only with the heart that one can see rightly, what is essential is invisible to the eye." - Antoine De Saint-Exupery (1900-1944) French Aviator, Writer

"I do not believe that sheer suffering teaches. If suffering alone taught, all the world would be wise, since everyone suffers. To suffering must be added mourning, understanding, patience, love, openness and the willingness to remain vulnerable." - Joseph Addison (1672-1719) English Essayist, Poet, Statesman

"To love someone is to see a miracle invisible to others." - Francois Mauriac (1885-1970) French Novelist, Essayist, Poet, Playwright

"Love is a canvas furnished by Nature and embroidered by imagination." - Voltaire (1694-1778) [Francois-Marie Arouet] French Philosopher, Historian, Writer

"Where Mercy, Love, and Pity dwell There God is dwelling too." - William Blake (1757-1827) English Poet, Mystic, Painter

"He who love touches walks not in darkness." - Plato (427-347BC) Greek Philosopher

"You were made perfectly to be loved and surely I have loved you, in the idea of you, my whole life long." - Elizabeth Barrett Browning (1806-1861) English Poet

"For you see, each day I love you more Today more than yesterday and less than tomorrow." - Rosemonde Gerard

"We don't see things as they are. We see things as we are." - Anais Nin (1914-1977) French-born American Novelist, Dancer

"For not many men, the proverb saith, can love a friend whom fortune prospereth unenvying." - Aeschylus (525-456BC) Greek Dramatist, Tragic Poet

"Love is only a dirty trick played on us to achieve continuation of the species." - W. Somerset Maugham (1874-1965) English Novelist, Playwright

"Some of us think holding on makes us strong; but sometimes it is letting go." - Hermann Hesse (1877-1962) German-born Swiss Novelist, Poet

"Love is the only gold." - Lord Alfred Tennyson (1809-1883) English Poet Laureate

"Love comfortheth like sunshine after rain." - William Shakespeare (1564-1616) English Poet, Playwright, Actor

"You say that love is nonsense - I tell you it is no such thing. For weeks and months it is a steady physical pain, an ache about the heart, never leaving one, by night or by day; a long strain on one's nerves like toothache or rheumatism, not intolerable at any one instant, but exhausting by its steady drain on the strength." - Henry Brooks Adams (1838-1918) American Historian

"Some pray to marry the man they love, my prayer will somewhat vary: I humbly pray to heaven above that I love the man I marry." - Anouk Aimee (1932~) French Actor

"For Mercy has a human heart, Pity, a human face, And Love, the human form divine, And Peace, the human dress." - William Blake (1757-1827) English Poet, Mystic, Painter

"For one human being to love another: that is perhaps the most difficult of our tasks; the ultimate, the last test and proof, the work for which all other work is but preparation." - Rainer Maria Rilke (1875-1926) Czechoslovakian-born German Lyric Poet

"Everyone admits that love is wonderful and necessary, yet no one agrees on just what it is." - Diane Ackerman (1948~) American Poet, Writer, Social Worker

"Soul meets soul on lover's lips." - Percy Bysshe Shelly (1792-1822) English Romantic Poet

"All love that has not friendship for its base, is like a mansion built upon the sand." - Ella Wheeler Wilcox (1850-1919) American Writer, Poet, Journalist

"One word frees us of all the weight and pain in life. That word is love." - Sophocles (495-406BC) Greek Dramatist

"There is only one happiness in life, to love and be loved." - George Sand (1804-1876) [Madame Dudevant] French Novelist

"Hearts are not to be had as a gift - hearts are to be earned." - William Butler Yeats (1865-1939) Irish Poet, Revivalist of Irish Literature

"Love is a fruit in season at all times, and within reach of every hand." - Mother Teresa (1910-1997) Albanian-born Roman Catholic Missionary

"Things base and vile, holding no quantity, Love can transpose to form and dignity. Love looks not with the eye, but with the mind, And therefore is winged Cupid painted blind." - William Shakespeare (1564-1616) English Poet, Playwright, Actor

"The life and love we create is the life and love we live." - Leo F. Buscaglia (1924-1998) American Psychologist, Author, Educator

The hunger for love is much more difficult to remove than the hunger for bread. ~Mother Teresa

Gravitation is not responsible for people falling in love. ~Albert Einstein

There is no surprise more magical than the surprise of being loved. It is God's finger on man's shoulder. ~Charles Morgan

You have to walk carefully in the beginning of love; the running across fields into your lover's arms can only come later when you're sure they won't laugh if you trip. ~Jonathan Carroll, "Outside the Dog Museum"

Ah me! love can not be cured by herbs. ~Ovid

Love is the only sane and satisfactory answer to the problem of human existence. ~Erich Fromm

Love has no desire but to fulfill itself. To melt and be like a running brook that sings its melody to the night. To wake at dawn with a winged heart and give thanks for another day of loving. ~Khalil Gibran

Infatuation is when you think he's as sexy as Robert Redford, as smart as Henry Kissinger, as noble as Ralph Nader, as funny as Woody Allen, and as athletic as Jimmy Conners. Love is when you realize that he's as sexy as Woody Allen, as smart as Jimmy Connors, as funny as Ralph Nader, as athletic as Henry Kissinger and nothing like Robert Redford — but you'll take him anyway. ~Judith Viorst, Redbook, 1975

Love is only a dirty trick played on us to achieve continuation of the species. ~W. Somerset Maugham, A Writer's Notebook, 1949

Life has taught us that love does not consist in gazing at each other but in looking outward together in the same direction. ~Antoine de Saint-Exupéry, Wind, Sand and Stars, 1939, translated from French by Lewis Galantičre

When love is not madness, it is not love. ~Pedro Calderon de la Barca

Let your love be like the misty rains, coming softly, but flooding the river. ~Malagasy Proverb

Do I love you because you're beautiful,

Or are you beautiful because I love you?

~Richard Rodgers and Oscar Hammerstein II, Cinderella

For you see, each day I love you more

Today more than yesterday and less than tomorrow.

~Rosemonde Gerard

Forget love — I'd rather fall in chocolate! ~Sandra J. Dykes

Love is much like a wild rose, beautiful and calm, but willing to draw blood in its defense. ~Mark Overby

Love is a symbol of eternity. It wipes out all sense of time, destroying all memory of a beginning and all fear of an end. ~Author Unknown

Love — a wildly misunderstood although highly desirable malfunction of the heart which weakens the brain, causes eyes to sparkle, cheeks to glow, blood pressure to rise and the lips to pucker. ~Author Unknown

Love is a sweet tyranny, because the lover endureth his torments willingly. ~Proverb

The lover is a monotheist who knows that other people worship different gods but cannot himself imagine that there could be other gods. ~Theodor Reik, Of Love and Lust, 1957

Love is an act of endless forgiveness, a tender look which becomes a habit. ~Peter Ustinov

Hate leaves ugly scars, love leaves beautiful ones. ~Mignon McLaughlin, The Second Neurotic's Notebook, 1966

Love looks not with the eyes, but with the mind,

And therefore is winged Cupid painted blind.

~William Shakespeare, Mid-Summer Night's Dream, 1595

The art of love... is largely the art of persistence. ~Albert Ellis

Love one another and you will be happy. It's as simple and as difficult as that. ~Michael Leunig

Who would give a law to lovers? Love is unto itself a higher law. ~Boethius, The Consolation of Philosophy, A.D. 524

Who, being loved, is poor? ~Oscar Wilde

Love must be as much a light, as it is a flame. ~Henry David Thoreau

To find someone who will love you for no reason, and to shower that person with reasons, that is the ultimate happiness. ~Robert Brault, rbrault.blogspot.com

Without love, what are we worth? Eighty-nine cents! Eighty-nine cents worth of chemicals walking around lonely. ~Laurence Marks, M*A*S*H, "Love Story," original air date 7 January 1973, spoken by the character Hawkeye

A baby is born with a need to be loved — and never outgrows it. ~Frank A. Clark

Love is the condition in which the happiness of another person is essential to your own. ~Robert Heinlein

The hours I spend with you I look upon as sort of a perfumed garden, a dim twilight, and a fountain singing to it. You and you alone make me feel that I am alive. Other men it is said have seen angels, but I have seen thee and thou art enough. ~George Moore

We loved with a love that was more than love. ~Edgar Allan Poe

If I love you, what business is it of yours? ~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

The hardest-learned lesson: that people have only their kind of love to give, not our kind. ~Mignon McLaughlin, The Neurotic's Notebook, 1960

Absence diminishes small loves and increases great ones, as the wind blows out the candle and fans the bonfire. ~François VI de la Rochefoucault

My debt to you, Belovčd,

Is one I cannot pay

In any coin of any realm

On any reckoning day.

~Jessie B. Rittenhouse

We choose those we like; with those we love, we have no say in the matter. ~Mignon McLaughlin, The Neurotic's Notebook, 1960

The ultimate test of a relationship is to disagree but to hold hands. ~Quoted by Alexandra Penney in Self

Love is, above all, the gift of oneself. ~Jean Anouilh

When a man is in love or in debt, someone else has the advantage. ~Bill Balance

Anyone can be passionate, but it takes real lovers to be silly. ~Rose Franken

Love is the magician that pulls man out of his own hat. ~Ben Hecht

A bell is no bell 'til you ring it,

A song is no song 'til you sing it,

And love in your heart

Wasn’t put there to stay -

Love isn’t love

'Til you give it away.

~Oscar Hammerstein, Sound of Music, "You Are Sixteen (Reprise)"

(Thanks, Krystel)

Love is like dew that falls on both nettles and lilies. ~Swedish Proverb

Time is too slow for those who wait, too swift for those who fear, too long for those who grieve, too short for those who rejoice, but for those who love, time is eternity. ~Henry Van Dyke

Love is much nicer to be in than an automobile accident, a tight girdle, a higher tax bracket or a holding pattern over Philadelphia. ~Judith Viorst, Redbook, 1975

Passion makes the world go round. Love just makes it a safer place. ~Ice T, The Ice Opinion, quoted in Reader's Digest, "Quotable Quotes," February 2002

Love is no respecter of age or practicality

Neither morality: unabashed

She enters where she will

Unheeding that her immortal fires

Burn up human hearts...

~Phillip Pulfrey, from Beyond Me, www.originals.net

Love is an ocean of emotions entirely surrounded by expenses. ~Lord Dewar

When you're in love you never really know whether your elation comes from the qualities of the one you love, or if it attributes them to her; whether the light which surrounds her like a halo comes from you, from her, or from the meeting of your sparks. ~Natalie Clifford Barney

Only in love are unity and duality not in conflict. ~Rabindranath Tagore

It is astonishing how little one feels alone when one loves. ~John Bulwer

'Tis sweet to know there is an eye will mark our coming, and look brighter when we come. ~Lord Byron

A hundred hearts would be too few

To carry all my love for you.

~Author Unknown

Love is the thing that enables a woman to sing while she mops up the floor after her husband has walked across it in his barn boots. ~Author unknown, as printed in The Hoosier Farmer

You know you have found love when you can't find your way back. ~Robert Brault, rbrault.blogspot.com

Love is an exploding cigar we willingly smoke. ~Lynda Barry

Those who are faithful know only the trivial side of love; it is the faithless who know love's tragedies. ~Oscar Wilde, The Picture of Dorian Gray, 1891

Love cures people—both the ones who give it and the ones who receive it. ~Karl Menninger

If grass can grow through cement, love can find you at every time in your life. ~Cher

Love is staying up all night with a sick child — or a healthy adult. ~David Frost

Love doesn't sit there like a stone, it has to be made, like bread; remade all of the time, made new. ~Ursula K. Le Guin

Love is not singular except in syllable. ~Marvin Taylor

Love is the word used to label the sexual excitement of the young, the habituation of the middle-aged, and the mutual dependence of the old. ~John Ciardi

People who are sensible about love are incapable of it. ~Douglas Yates

While duty measures the regard it owes

With scrupulous precision and nice justice,

Love never reasons, but profusely gives,

Gives, like a thoughtless prodigal, its all,

And trembles then, lest it has done too little.

~Hannah More

Ah me! why may not love and life be one? ~Henry Timrod

Take away love and our earth is a tomb. ~Robert Browning

Love is not love which alters when it alteration finds. ~William Shakespeare, "Sonnet CXVI"

He felt now that he was not simply close to her, but that he did not know where he ended and she began. ~Leo Tolstoy

Take love as a sober man takes wine; do not become a drunkard. If your mistress is sincere and faithful, love her for that; but if she is not, if she is merely young and beautiful, love her for that; if she is agreeable and spirituelle, love her for that; if she is none of these things but merely loves you, love her for that. Love does not come to us every day. ~Alfred de Musset, The Confession of a Child of the Century/La Confession d'un enfant du sičcle, 1836, Desgenais to Octave, translated from French by Kendall Warren

It is the same in love as in war; a fortress that parleys is half taken. ~Marguerite de Valois

Love.... Its eternal goal is life.... No one who has ever brought up a child can doubt for a moment that love is literally the life-giving fluid of human existence. ~Smiley Blanton, quoted in Woman's Home Companion, 1956

A joyful heart is the inevitable result of a heart burning with love. ~Mother Teresa

You don't have to go looking for love when it's where you come from. ~Werner Erhard

Sometimes the shortest distance between two points is a winding path walked arm in arm. ~Robert Brault, rbrault.blogspot.com

No one can understand love who has not experienced infatuation. And no one can understand infatuation, no matter how many times he has experienced it. ~Mignon McLaughlin, The Neurotic's Notebook, 1960

Love me and the world is mine. ~David Reed

It would be impossible to "love" anyone or anything one knew completely. Love is directed towards what lies hidden in its object. ~Paul Valéry, Tel quel, 1943

The love game is never called off on account of darkness. ~Tom Masson

They who meet on an April night

Are forever lost in love,

If there is moonlight all about

And there's no moon above.

~E.Y. "Yip" Harburg & Fred Saidy

[i first wrote this down as a young teenager riding in my parents' car one night. It was on their oldies radio station, and I loved the line. For years I didn't know the attribution, but I am so grateful to Katherine who wrote to let me know that it's in the dialogue just before the song "Old Devil Moon" in the musical Finian's Rainbow. Thank you! —tεᖇᖇ¡·g]

Sometimes it's a form of love just to talk to somebody that you have nothing in common with and still be fascinated by their presence. ~David Byrne

Love is an irresistible desire to be irresistibly desired. ~Robert Frost

You know you're in love when you don't want to fall asleep because reality is finally better than your dreams. ~Dr. Seuss

Love makes your soul crawl out from its hiding place. ~Zora Neale Hurston

Whatever our souls are made of, his and mine are the same. ~Emily Brontë

The excesses of love soon pass, but its insufficiencies torment us forever. ~Mignon McLaughlin, The Neurotic's Notebook, 1960

An old man in love is like a flower in winter. ~Portuguese Proverb

Will you love me in December as you do in May,

Will you love me in the good old fashioned way?

When my hair has all turned gray,

Will you kiss me then and say,

That you love me in December as you do in May?

~James J. Walker

I don't think you can keep someone you truly love at arm's length on purpose, they'll always end up in your arms. ~Holly Nichole Miller

Love unlocks doors and opens windows that weren't even there before. ~Mignon McLaughlin, The Second Neurotic's Notebook, 1966

Great love affairs start with Champagne and end with tisane. ~Honoré de Balzac

Love withers under constraints: its very essence is liberty: it is compatible neither with obedience, jealousy, nor fear: it is there most pure, perfect, and unlimited where its votaries live in confidence, equality and unreserve. ~Percy Bysshe Shelley

Love is the poetry of the senses. ~Honoré de Balzac

Love is a game that two can play and both win. ~Eva Gabor

Without love, the rich and poor live in the same house. ~Author Unknown

The heart is a small thing, but desireth great matters. It is not sufficient for a kite's dinner, yet the whole world is not sufficient for it. ~Francis Quarles, Emblems

Love is like those second-rate hotels where all the luxury is in the lobby. ~Paul-Jean Toulet

We don't believe in rheumatism and true love until after the first attack. ~Marie Ebner Von Eschenbach, Aphorism

We picture love as heart-shaped because we do not know the shape of the soul. ~Robert Brault, rbrault.blogspot.com

All love is probationary, a fact which frightens women and exhilarates men. ~Mignon McLaughlin, The Second Neurotic's Notebook, 1966

True love is like ghosts, which everyone talks about and few have seen. ~François VI de la Rochefoucault

Some women love only what they can hold in their arms; others, only what they can't. ~Mignon McLaughlin, The Second Neurotic's Notebook, 1966

Love, and a cough, cannot be hid. ~George Herbert, Jacula Prudentum, 1651

Desire creates havoc when it is the only thing between two people, or when it is what's missing. ~Mignon McLaughlin, The Neurotic's Notebook, 1960

Poetry spills from the cracks of a broken heart, but flows from one which is loved. ~Christopher Paul Rubero

No one complains of being a prisoner of love who has ever been a prisoner of loneliness. ~Robert Brault, rbrault.blogspot.com

A man is not where he lives, but where he loves. ~Latin Proverb

The arms of love encompass you with your present, your past, your future, the arms of love gather you together. ~Antoine de Saint-Exupéry, Southern Mail, 1929, translated from French by Curtis Cate

Be everything with so much love in your heart that you would never want to do it any other way. ~Amrit Desai

I need the starshine of your heavenly eyes,

After the day's great sun.

~Charles Hanson Towne

A lover is a man who tries to be more amiable than it is possible for him to be. ~Nicholas de Chamfort

Love is not consolation. It is light. ~Friedrich Nietzsche

True love comes quietly, without banners or flashing lights. If you hear bells, get your ears checked. ~Erich Segal

Love is the greatest touch-up artist of all. ~Robert Brault, rbrault.blogspot.com

Love in action is a harsh and dreadful thing compared with love in dreams. ~Fyodor Dostoyevsky

[T]here is no hope for us in this painful, mysterious world save in giving ourselves to love. ~Byron Caldwell Smith, letter to Kate Stephens

[Victor's] heart was on the sunny side of love... ~Jean Paul Friedrich Richter, Hesperus, or Forty-Five Dog-Post-Days: A Biography, translated from German by Charles T. Brooks, 1865

Love is a condition where the world seems to be standing still, and it's you who are spinning on your axis. ~Robert Brault, rbrault.blogspot.com

Romance is the glamour which turns the dust of everyday life into a golden haze. ~Elinor Glyn

For small creatures such as we, the vastness is bearable only through love. ~Carl Sagan

True love, to whom my heart is prey,

How dost thou hold me in thy sway,

That in each day I find no fault

But daily wait for love's assault.

~Pernette du Guillet

Seize the moments of happiness, love and be loved! That is the only reality in the world, all else is folly. ~Leo Tolstoy

A good speech has a beginning, a middle and an end, the best example being, "I love you." ~Robert Brault, rbrault.blogspot.com

True love is a discipline in which each divines the secret self of the other and refuses to believe in the mere daily self. ~William Butler Yeats

Mumps, measles, and puppy love are terrible after twenty. ~Mignon McLaughlin, The Neurotic's Notebook, 1960

Smiles escape from clouds above and angels ring a chorus of your love. ~Daniel, @blindedpoet

You can give without loving, but you can never love without giving. ~Author Unknown

Love is what you've been through with somebody. ~James Thurber, quoted in Life magazine, 1960

Love is being stupid together. ~Paul Valery

In this horror of solitude, this need to lose his ego in exterior flesh, which man calls grandly the need for love. ~Charles Baudelaire

Open your heart and take us in,

Love — love and me.

~W.E. Henley

On a cloudy night, when nothing seems above, still, there is love. Always love. For something, from someone. It's never done. Never. ~Jeb Dickerson, www.howtomatter.com

Before I met my husband, I'd never fallen in love. I'd stepped in it a few times. ~Rita Rudner

Fall not in love therefore; it will stick to your face. ~Tony Hendra, "Deteriorata"

Love does not care to define and is never in a hurry to do so. ~Charles du Bos

Love is the flower of life, and blossoms unexpectedly and without law, and must be plucked where it is found, and enjoyed for the brief hour of its duration. ~D.H. Lawrence

What an infinity of bliss the possession of your love seemed to me — the future so full of passionate sweet life that my spirit shrank blinded from trying to explore it; I stopped content with the delicious sense of that moment alone. ~Byron Caldwell Smith, letter to Kate Stephens

Love is an electric blanket with somebody else in control of the switch. ~Cathy Carlyle

I love you like crazy, baby

'Cuz I'd go crazy without you.

~Pixie Foudre

What "love" is I don't know if it's not the response of our deepest natures to one another. ~William Carlos Williams

I learned the real meaning of love. Love is absolute loyalty. People fade, looks fade, but loyalty never fades. You can depend so much on certain people, you can set your watch by them. And that's love, even if it doesn't seem very exciting. ~Sylvester Stallone

Ah, lady, when I gave my heart to thee,

It passed into thy lifelong regency.

~Gilbert Parker

The heart has its reasons that reason knows nothing of. ~Blaise Pascal, Pensées, 1670

At the touch of love, everyone becomes a poet. ~Plato

As soon go kindle fire with snow, as seek to quench the fire of love with words. ~William Shakespeare

It is a lifelong battle to try to love someone through the chinks in their armor. ~Robert Brault, rbrault.blogspot.com

Love is like a friendship caught on fire. In the beginning a flame, very pretty, often hot and fierce, but still only light and flickering. As love grows older, our hearts mature and our love becomes as coals, deep-burning and unquenchable. ~Bruce Lee

Life only starts when love comes. ~From the movie Bill of Divorcement, 1932

Tell me how many beads there are

In a silver chain

Of evening rain,

Unravelled from the tumbling main,

And threading the eye of a yellow star: -

So many times do I love again.

~Thomas Lovell Beddoes

What good is love if you never ask anything of it? ~Robert Brault, rbrault.blogspot.com

A man reserves his true and deepest love not for the species of woman in whose company he finds himself electrified and enkindled, but for that one in whose company he may feel tenderly drowsy. ~George Jean Nathan

Love makes time pass; time makes love pass. ~French Proverb

True love stories never have endings. ~Richard Bach (Thanks, Bonnie)

The past is behind us, love is in front and all around us. ~Terri Guillemets

It is not that love is blind. It is that love sees with a painter's eye, finding the essence that renders all else background. ~Robert Brault, rbrault.blogspot.com

Love may be blind, but if you've ever known a blind person, they still know where everything is. ~Robert Brault, rbrault.blogspot.com

I love you as you are, but do not tell me how that is. ~Antonio Porchia, Voces, 1943, translated from Spanish by W.S. Merwin

When you're attracted to someone it just means that your subconscious is attracted to their subconscious, subconsciously, so what we know as fate is two neuroses knowing that they're a perfect match. ~Jeff Arch, Nora Ephron, and David S. Ward, Sleepless in Seattle

Platonic love is love from the neck up. ~Thyra Smater Winsolow

The music may have stopped but my heart beats to another tune, this rhythm called love. ~A.C. Van Cherub, 2009

She stole a piece of my heart but I couldn't ask for a better place I'd rather be imprisoned. ~Craig D. Slovak

We waste time looking for the perfect lover, instead of creating the perfect love. ~Tom Robbins

The Eskimos had fifty-two names for snow because it was important to them: there ought to be as many for love. ~Margaret Atwood

Voluptuous bloom and fragrance rare

The summer to its rose may bring;

Far sweeter to the wooing air

The hidden violet of spring.

Still, still that lovely ghost appears,

Too fair, too pure, to bid depart;

No riper love of later years

Can steal its beauty from the heart.

~Bayard Taylor, "Young Love"

Love touches the soul and awakens a desire so powerful that even the most vigilant heart is lured by its radiance. ~Jamie Lynn Morris

But I think it is hardly an argument against a man's general strength of character, that he should be apt to be mastered by love. A fine constitution doesn't insure one against small-pox or any other of those inevitable diseases. A man may be very firm in other matters, and yet be under a sort of witchery from a woman. ~George Eliot, Adam Bede

Your task is not to seek for love, but merely to seek and find all the barriers within yourself that you have built against it. ~Rumi

Love! Immortality! it speedily became so hot in my breast, that I thought the geographers had misplaced the equator, and that it now ran directly through my heart. And from my heart poured out the feeling of love;—it poured forth with wild longing into the broad night. The flowers in the garden beneath my window breathed a stronger perfume. Perfumes are the feelings of flowers, and as the human heart feels most powerful emotions in the night, when it believes itself to be alone and unperceived, so also do the flowers, soft-minded, yet ashamed, appear to await for concealing darkness, that they may give themselves wholly up to their feelings, and breathe them out in sweet odours. Pour forth, ye perfumes of my heart, and seek beyond yon blue mountain for the loved one of my dreams! ~Heinrich Heine, "The Hartz Journey" (1824), Pictures of Travel, translated from German by Charles Godfrey Leland, 1855

Sometimes love needs a rest from caring, and so bears for an intolerable few hours the guilt of not caring. ~Robert Brault, rbrault.blogspot.com

Love is not a matter of what happens in life. It's a matter of what's happening in your heart. ~Ken Keyes

Being deeply loved by someone gives you strength, while loving someone deeply gives you courage. ~Lao Tzu

You really shouldn't say "I love you" unless you mean it. But if you mean it, you should say it a lot. People forget. ~Author unknown, attributed to an 8-year-old named Jessica

Some say that true love is a mirage; seek it anyway, for all else is surely desert. ~Robert Brault, rbrault.blogspot.com

The learned compute that seven hundred and seven millions of millions of vibrations have penetrated the eye before the eye can distinguish the tints of a violet. What philosophy can calculate the vibrations of the heart before it can distinguish the colours of love? ~Pisistratus Caxton, What Will He Do With It?

f you are truly a man, sure of yourself and confident of your strength, you may taste of life without fear and without reserve; you may be sad or joyous, deceived or respected; but be sure you are loved, for what matters the rest? ~Alfred de Musset, The Confession of a Child of the Century/La Confession d'un enfant du sičcle, 1836, Desgenais to Octave, translated from French by Kendall Warren

So dear I love him, that with him all deaths I could endure, without him live no life. ~John Milton

Feelings pass like clouds but love endures like the sky. ~Peter Roberts (Omnipresent Love, @evolvewithlove)

In the midst of pain and urgent trouble we can not realize the supreme happiness of being loved — sweetest and deepest of all meditations.... ~Byron Caldwell Smith, letter to Kate Stephens

Nobody has ever measured, even poets, how much a heart can hold. ~Zelda Fitzgerald

For some it is love undeniably. For others it is making it work, never actually knowing what it is. ~Robert Brault, rbrault.blogspot.com

Love is the law of life. ~Mohandas Karamchand Gandhi

Are you a man, Octave? Do you see the leaves falling from the trees, the sun rising and setting? Do you hear the ticking of the clock of time with each pulsation of your heart? Is there, then, such a difference between the love of a year and the love of an hour? I challenge you to answer that, you fool, as you sit there looking out at the infinite through a window not larger than your hand. ~Alfred de Musset, The Confession of a Child of the Century/La Confession d'un enfant du sičcle, 1836, Desgenais to Octave, translated from French by Kendall Warren

Candle light, moon light, star light,

The brightest glow is from love light.

~Terri Guillemets

Men love because they are afraid of themselves, afraid of the loneliness that lives in them, and need someone in whom they can lose themselves as smoke loses itself in the sky. ~V.F. Calverton

Lovers needn't always agree, anymore than poetry need always rhyme. ~Robert Brault, rbrault.blogspot.com

To lovers! — the have-been's, the are-now's, and the may-be's. ~Minna Thomas Antrim, A Book of Toasts, 1902

Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good too. ~Author unknown, attributed to an 8-year-old named Greg

What we seek in the end is not unconditional love but a love for which we, uniquely in all the world, meet all the conditions. ~Robert Brault, rbrault.blogspot.com

Lust fades, so you'd better be with someone who can stand you. ~Alan Zweibel and Jessie Nelson, The Story of Us

Ah! a blessing beyond all fate

My sole mate 'tis my soul mate.

~Pixie Foudre

I see that you believe in love such as the poets and romancers have represented... The poets represent love as the sculptors design beauty, as the musicians create melody; that is to say, endowed with an exquisite nervous organization, they gather up with discerning ardor the purest elements of life, the most beautiful lines of matter, and the most harmonious voices of nature.... To try to find in real life such love as this, eternal and absolute, is the same thing as to seek on the public squares such a woman as Venus or to expect nightingales to sing the symphonies of Beethoven. ~Alfred de Musset, The Confession of a Child of the Century/La Confession d'un enfant du sičcle, 1836, Desgenais to Octave, translated from French by Kendall Warren

Love is a Mystery. You can't find it; it has to find you. ~Author Unknown

Tumbling and playing, young and free

Moving targets we were

But Cupid's arrow

is heat-seeking, and found, and pierced.

~Terri Guillemets

The supreme happiness of life is the conviction that we are loved — loved for ourselves, or rather, loved in spite of ourselves. ~Victor Hugo

Love is the greatest refreshment in life. ~Pablo Picasso

So I'll sit and rock and be happy,

And meditate mostly on love!...

Love for my mother and dad...

And love for the friends I have had!

Love for the blessings God gives me,

Love for the sunshine and showers,

Love for the creatures God put here,

And love for the trees and the flowers...

~Gertrude Buckingham, "To Ruth Ann"

Your fortune is misfortune if it is not Love. ~Silent Lotus

Sometimes a couple stays together for the sake of the kids — two kids who pledged to be forever true. ~Robert Brault, rbrault.blogspot.com

My heart was glass, daily shattered

Your love the glue, repairing the tattered.

~Jaesse Tyler

I was half in love with her by the time we sat down. That's the thing about girls. Every time they do something pretty, even if they're not much to look at, or even if they're sort of stupid, you fall half in love with them, and then you never know where the hell you are. ~J.D. Salinger, The Catcher in the Rye, 1945

Love means nothing in tennis, but it's everything in life. ~Author Unknown

Love is what makes two people sit in the middle of a bench when there is plenty of room at both ends. ~Author Unknown

You see, I'd never stopped to wonder why it was that millions of boys all over creation weren't seeing her and instantly falling in love with her, worshipping her body and mind and soul and spirit as I did. It never occurred to me until this precise moment that maybe lots of boys wouldn't have thought she was gorgeous. Maybe she only seemed so gorgeous to me because — and this is the shocker — her face came alive when I walked in front of it. ~Author Unknown [Hey, y'all. I got this from Sassy magazine years ago — 1987, I believe — but then I lost it; does anyone know the attribution?—tεᖇᖇ¡·g]

I'm so in love, every time I look at you my soul gets dizzy. ~Jaesse Tyler

Before you love, learn to run through the snow leaving no footprint. ~Turkish Proverb

Friendship, as some sage poet sings,

Is chasten'd Love, depriv'd of wings,

Without all wish or power to wander;

Less volatile, but not less tender:

Yet says the proverb—"Sly and slow

"Love creeps, even where he cannot go;"

To clip his pinions then is vain,

His old propensities remain;

And she, who years beyond fifteen,

Has counted twenty, may have seen

How rarely unplum'd Love will stay;

He flies not—but he coolly walks away.

~Charlotte Turner Smith (1749-1806), "On the Aphorism, 'L'Amitié est l' Amour sans ailes.'"

What the world really needs is more love and less paper work. ~Pearl Bailey

Love is how you earn your wings. ~Karen Goldman

Love is when you can be your true self with someone, and you only want to be your true self because of them. ~Terri Guillemets

It is really one moment of looking love dead in the eye that takes us everywhere in a flash. ~Swami Chetanananda

Once a man has won a woman's love, the love is his forever. He can only lose the woman. ~Robert Brault, rbrault.blogspot.com

Love, love, love — all the wretched cant of it, masking egotism, lust, masochism, fantasy under a mythology of sentimental postures. ~Germaine Greer

We are not the same persons this year as last; nor are those we love. It is a happy chance if we, changing, continue to love a changed person. ~W. Somerset Maugham

We're all a little weird. And life is a little weird. And when we find someone whose weirdness is compatible with ours, we join up with them and fall into mutually satisfying weirdness — and call it love — true love. ~Robert Fulghum, True Love

I saw them kissing in the shade

and knew the sum of all my lore:

God gave them Youth, God gave them Love,

and even God can give no more.

~Frederic Ridgely Torrence, The House of a Hundred Lights: A Psalm of Experience After Reading a Couplet of Bidpai, 1899

Before you pledge your undying love to someone, make them promise they won't die. ~Robert Brault, rbrault.blogspot.com

Love is a canvas furnished by Nature and embroidered by imagination. ~Voltaire

In a deep moment of love, thinking stops. The moment is so intriguing, the moment is so tremendously powerful, the moment is so intensely alive, that thinking stops. You are simply in awe, a great wonder surrounds you. ~Bhagwan Shree Rajneesh

Love is a smoke made with the fume of sighs. ~William Shakespeare

There's no denying that the only real unhappiness in life is losing a man.... Death isn't nature's greatest mistake — falling in love is. If we didn't do that, all the misery in life would be cut right out of it. Oh my goodness, so would all the fun. So, what are you gonna do about it. ~When Ladies Meet, 1941 movie written by Rachel Crothers, John Meehan, Leon Gordon, S.K. Lauren, and Anita Loos, spoken by the character Bridgie Drake [i got this directly from the later movie, but I'm not sure if the same quote is also in the 1933 movie or the 1932 play — does anyone out there know? —tεᖇᖇ¡·g]

While God waits for His temple to be built of love, men bring stones. ~Rabindranath Tagore

Life can be hard but if you've got somebody to love — yay! ~Terri Guillemets

Love is why I came here in the first place. ~John Denver

Love is at first a set of delusions, which, as time goes by, are discarded like training wheels, and you love truly. ~Robert Brault, rbrault.blogspot.com

Your love has gone all through my body

like honey in water,

as a drug is mixed into spices,

as water is mingled with wine....

~Author Unknown

Oh! my friend, when you feel bursting on your lips the vow of eternal love, do not be afraid to yield, but do not confound wine with intoxication; do not think the cup divine because the draft is of celestial flavor; do not be astonished to find it broken and empty in the evening. ~Alfred de Musset, The Confession of a Child of the Century/La Confession d'un enfant du sičcle, 1836, Desgenais to Octave, translated from French by Kendall Warren

Love is metaphysical gravity. ~R. Buckminster Fuller

Love is my religion — I could die for it. ~John Keats

It is not necessary to be strong in every place if in the place you are vulnerable, you are loved. ~Robert Brault, rbrault.blogspot.com

Love is the self-delusion we manufacture to justify the trouble we take to have sex. ~Dan Greenburg

Love would never be a promise of a rose garden unless it is showered with light of faith, water of sincerity and air of passion. ~Author Unknown

Just because somebody doesn't love you the way you want them to, doesn't mean they don't love you with all they have. ~Author Unknown

Everyone has that one thing that's totally illogical, which if you really want to love that person, you've just got to accept. ~Terri Guillemets

If love is blind, why is lingerie so popular? ~Author Unknown

Anyone can catch your eye, but it takes someone special to catch your heart. ~Author Unknown

No maths can entail love,

lovers belong to infinity.

~Terri Guillemets

A man finds love and is satisfied. A woman finds love and insists on turning it into happiness. ~Robert Brault, rbrault.blogspot.com

I tell again the oldest and the newest story of all the world, — the story of Invincible Love! This tale divine — ancient as the beginning of things, fresh and young as the passing hour — has forms and names various as humanity. ~Amelia E. Huddleston Barr, A Rose of a Hundred Leaves: A Love Story, 1891

Love is missing someone whenever you're apart, but somehow feeling warm inside because you're close in heart. ~Kay Knudsen

For without love we will lose the will to live. Our mental and physical vitality is impaired, our resistance is lowered, and we succumb to illnesses that often prove fatal. We may escape actual death, but what remains is a meager and barren existence, emotionally so impoverished that we can only be called half alive. ~Smiley Blanton, Love or Perish

Love is the delusion that one woman differs from another. ~Henry Louis Mencken

Love knows no answer for it does not question. ~Silent Lotus

You learn to like someone when you find out what makes them laugh, but you can never truly love someone until you find out what makes them cry. ~Author Unknown

Sometimes we make love with our eyes. Sometimes we make love with our hands. Sometimes we make love with our bodies. Always we make love with our hearts. ~Author Unknown

True love is when you put someone on a pedestal, and they fall — but you are there to catch them. ~Author Unknown

She thinks your lady-love will rule you as the moon rules the tides. ~George Eliot, Adam Bede

You know when you have found your prince because you not only have a smile on your face but in your heart as well. ~Author Unknown

Love puts the fun in together, the sad in apart, and the joy in a heart. ~Author Unknown

There is a language of love, which is to say, a truth that does not tell all and a lie that does not deceive. ~Robert Brault, rbrault.blogspot.com

Trip over love, you can get up. Fall in love and you fall forever. ~Author Unknown

The beginning of love is to let those we love be perfectly themselves, and not to twist them to fit our own image. Otherwise we love only the reflection of ourselves we find in them. ~Thomas Merton

Love is not blind — it sees more, not less. But because it sees more, it is willing to see less. ~Julins Gordon

And what's romance? Usually, a nice little tale where you have everything as you like it, where rain never wets your jacket and gnats never bite your nose, and it's always daisy-time. ~D.H. Lawrence

Love is given to us as a time, but to keep it always, we must make it a place. ~Robert Brault, rbrault.blogspot.com

To the world you might be one person, but to one person you might be the world. ~Author Unknown

No one has ever loved anyone the way everyone wants to be loved. ~Mignon McLaughlin, The Neurotic's Notebook, 1960

Love is the master key that opens the gates of happiness. ~Oliver Wendell Holmes

Be it in the garden, the nursery or the bedroom, a loving touch compensates for an unskilled hand. ~Robert Brault, rbrault.blogspot.com

I guess, when you get down to it, a loving touch compensates for an unskilled hand about everywhere except in an airplane cockpit. ~Robert Brault, rbrault.blogspot.com

I am so tired — so tired.

I see too many people,

Read too many books.

Do too many things.

I hate the theaters,

I hate my work,

I want you, — only you....

Come to me between the cool sheets

And let me burrow my head in your shoulder....

~Pauline Cohn, "Rest"

It's so easy to fall in love but hard to find someone who will catch you. ~Author Unknown

I'm far from perfect, but I'll be perfect for that imperfect person that's perfect for me. ~Amanda Bynes

Passion spins around love and I am dizzy around you always. ~Terri Guillemets

When one is in love, one always begins by deceiving oneself, and one always ends by deceiving others. That is what the world calls a romance. ~Oscar Wilde, The Picture of Dorian Gray

And he could glance at her continually as she bent over the fruit, while the level evening sunbeams stole through the thick apple-tree boughs and rested on her round cheek and neck as if they too were in love with her. ~George Eliot, Adam Bede