F|A Servers dont work for me all time.

Secret

Hey,

I dont know why, but at the last days sometimes I couldnt join the Servers. (Awaiting connection 1...2...3...4...)

I got ET Legacy 2.71rc Version of the game a Opensuse 13.2 Version .

Someone knows how I can get the 2.6 Version for Opensuse 13.2?

Greetings Flash

• Administrators

Download the linux version from here: http://www.splashdamage.com/content/download-wolfenstein-enemy-territory

https://help.ubuntu.com/community/EnemyTerritory

Give the regular version a try. Which server you weren't able to connect? ET Legacy is not compatible with ETPRO.

• Like 1

So first things first, you can connect to other servers?

From the Konsole, try: $ et +connect silent.clan-fa.com # of course, don't do the $.

Though, I've also got et:legacy installed (I do just use the regular et - with et-sdl-sound patch) so you might need to navigate to the proper folders.

Besides that, can you give us a log of your ET's console? (starting from the konsole you should be able to pastebin' it for us.)

• Like 1

Also, it's important we exclude other possibilities, say, firewalls. If you cannot connect to non-f|a servers, try this (from konsole again):

$ nc -u silent.clan-fa.com 27960 # you might need to install netcat - telnet won't work since it doesn't support UDP if I recall correctly)

press enter a few times (you should see 'disconnect') then just ctrl+C; if that doesn't work and you can't connect to non-f|a servers it might be a firewall..

In which case open up YaST (either ncurses, or a GUI, if any) and go to the firewall tool and open up port 27960 - and try again.

If that still doesn't work.. we'll need to look further. Either way, please do - show us the log of your konsole (for ET) it might help us narrow down problems.

What log do I have to choose? I mean what do I have to type into Konsole for the log

Yast =

/sbin/yast2

and I cant connect to any Servers.

How to open port in tools ?

Sry I really suck in computer science.

• Clan Friend

What log do I have to choose? I mean what do I have to type into Konsole for the log

when you run ET from a terminal it should output every message in there, you can just copy-paste it

So you can't connect to any server, did you try the netcat?

As for the konsole, does the command 'et' work or 'etl' - I generally start et as follows:

------------------------------------------------------------
~ » et +connect 108.61.21.93:27960 +set r_fullscreen 1        
[et-sdl-sound] info   : et.x86 is installed to /usr/share/games/enemy-territory
[et-sdl-sound] info   : 32-bit libSDL.so is installed to /usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu/libSDL-1.2.so.0.11.4
[et-sdl-sound] info   : library is written to /tmp/et-sdl-sound.so
[et-sdl-sound] info   : launching the game...

as you can see, I use the et-sdl-sound patch for sound (with et:legacy that isn't needed).

(mind you, on Desktop I use Ubuntu [though, I distro-hop a lot] - on most servers I run OpenSuse, therefor I'm more familiar with the shell/commands for OpenSuse then graphical tools. So, you might have a graphical tool for the firewall - but let's first see if the firewall might be an issue - so try that NC/netcat command).

Edited by w00tw00t
  • Like 1

I cant start it like that way it says wrong command.

THERE IS ONE THING: Yesterday our home Router crashed could that be the reason?

since there I couldnt paly ET Legacy.

Yes, it might be the reason. Did you try the nc/netcat command? I definitely think it's a firewall issue now - and if you do the nc/netcat command - we can continue from there.

• Like 1

Actually, you might just as well log into your router - and check it's logs - if there's nothing useful there - go to your firewall page and see if there's a page there you can use to unblock a port.

The fact that ET and NC doesn't work, it means it's being blocked. Since it probably isn't your own computer's firewall (if it's even enabled, which it probably is - it's the default in OpenSuse [least, on servers]) it's probably your routers.

This is where things get a bit more complicated; most routers are different, if you can and need help, please let us know the make and model of the router so we can look things up for you. It generally is a simple process - but most routers are budget-101 and their interface is as crappy as it gets.

(and no problem, happy to help, feel free to ping me if you need more assistance. | Oh; and hurry up, I've missed you on silent-1!)

Edited by w00tw00t
  • Like 2

It somehow fixed it selfe through the night lol.

But thanks Guys for all your help!

Good to know that there are people who help :)

That's odd. I doubt it fixed itself though there must have been something someone did. It might even have been your ISP for whatever odd reason.

More likely (I could be wrong) you get the router(modem/router in-one) from your ISP - and when you reset it, it was loaded with old "software"(firmware, to be more precise) and it got auto-updated during the night, though - again, that'd be odd - but there _has_ to be a reason. :P

Edited by w00tw00t
  • Like 1