Off COD for a little bit

Hey all -

I reloaded my system a couple of months ago, reinstalled COD with my Steam CD key.  Since then, I hadn't been able to get on Abnerdog as it says my name is an admin name. I have been able to play on beginners without issue.

Starting yesterday afternoon, I started getting "Key in use, try again later", and "Waiting for key code authorization", and have not been able to connect.  I haven't been able to get assistance from Steam yet, I'm figuring my code got cracked or something.  

Anyway, I'm guessing I'm going to have to uninstall/reinstall and possibly buy the game again.  Work has got me swamped and I don't have the time to do the reinstall right now, so I may be off the server for a week or so.  REALLY sucks because I need that break from the grind during the day.

I'll be back on as soon as I figure this out.

• Like 1

• Administrators

If you need key, I might be able to find one unused one which I had. See with Steam if they fix the issue for your key and if not, i will donate you one! Cheers

• Like 1

Is your key the same key from before the reinstall? The abnerdog issue makes it sound like it is  not. The other issue could be a simple router issue, sometimes it happens.

The GUID was different so i updated my profile, but no dice. Thought it was strange no problem on beginners though, but no worries.  I expect I will have a brand new GUID soon :)

Yeah, if your GUID changed, than it is a different key. Tracker request and they can fix it. A new key will require the same thing, just a heads up.

So Dom, you seem to be on the right track of my issue.  

I installed COD on my studio system just to see if it would work, and it did no issues, so its got to be a routing issue.

I play on my work system (work from home), and recently I had to setup a multi-home scenario and installed a 2nd NIC that connects to a VPN appliance (Internet access is blocked via the VPN).  I setup route tables to direct the necessary traffic to the VPN and was golden for a week and a half, then I started having these issues.  I tried setting up the route table for our COD servers but it didn't work, and I suspect there is more I have to configure.  Part of the problem is I don't have a login to the VPN appliance so I can't check its logs to see what I might need to setup.

Any info you might have on what routes might be needed would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Well the good news is I got it to work.  The bad news is, it looks like it was how Windows was handling the routing table.  I have a Sonicwall firewall, so I blew away the multihome setup, configured the Sonicwall to have a DMZ for the VPN appliance, and configure my routes there for the VPN network.  Now it's all working.  Thanks for all the input!

• Like 1