R/C control plane or drone or heli

Wolf081

• Leader

Can someone explain if there is a distinct difference between an R/C Heli or Plane and machines specifically termed "Drones"?

An R/C Heli or Plane is a scaled-down model of a real aircraft.  Drones, or "UAV"s as my nephew in the US Army prefers, are designed for their flight characteristics and are not models of aircraft.

• Like 1

Drones, 3 to 8 motors most of the time, easy to fly, i use cam on it and google on my eyes so i can see from my drone like if im the pilot. Sport drone is cool to fly faster but still easy to fly and i have a second one to fly relax high and far away. Drones usually use GPS so you can touch nothing and he will stay where he is in the air. You can prog flight patern usign gps. 

Heli, hard to fly, need lot of practice but the best to have fun in smallest area to fly. The biggest it the easiest cause more "stable" in the air.

Plane, is fun depend of the model you build. Trainer like cessna shape is fun and easy to take off and land. Biplane is acrobatic and harder but still fun. Jet are completely crazy, i have one who fly up to 120 km/hour ... so crazy and fun. 

This hobby is much more fun then in past with all the electric motor selling from years. No gas, no kerosen, only battery to keep in charge and no setting. You set battery in and lets go to the field.

Ask more questions and i will answer with my "so good" english lol

• Like 3

I do fly a drone,together with my neighbor :D He uses it for recording some stuff for the TV station he works at.But he sucks at electronics,so i help there,i'm still not a pro pilot,but my landing is almost perfect,and i fly around with no problems :D The problem is with these drones,that here in Serbia its a bit expensive to fly a carbon based one,so we use one for practice,and the carbon one only when the job has to be done :D It's a lot of fun,but time consuming as well if you are making your own set ups