Get Windows 10 Yes/NO

redy.

Hello everyone,

some of you may have a new little icon in the system tray (right next to the clock)

win10.jpg

Has anyone upgraded yet and tested Win 10 with ET yet?

redy.

Here how it looks if you proceed:

win10_02.jpg

• Like 2

It seems to work the following way:

- This upgrade offer is for a full version of windows 10

- What you do is reserve a free copy

- You have to give your email address

- Windows 10 will be available on July 29, 2015

- Till then your computer will download the Windows 10 software in the background and prompt you when it is ready to upgrade

- The size of the download is 3GB

System requirements:

If you want to upgrade to Windows 10 on your PC or tablet, here’s what it takes.

• Latest OS: Make sure you are running the latest version either Windows 7 SP1 or Windows 8.1 Update.
  • Processor: 1 gigahertz (GHz) or faster processor or SoC
  • RAM: 1 gigabyte (GB) for 32-bit or 2 GB for 64-bit
  • Hard disk space: 16 GB for 32-bit OS 20 GB for 64-bit OS
  • Graphics card: DirectX 9 or later with WDDM 1.0 driver
  • Display: 1024x600

Windows FAQ:

http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/windows-10-faq?ocid=win10_auxapp_LearnMore_win10faq

• Like 1

I refuse to upgrade until at least 6 months after release. There always so many issues with a new OS right out the gate. After a few patches and security updates it'll probably be worth it.

• Like 3

I keep clicking on that icon, but it does nothing for me? 

can you right click on it?

it should show the following:

win10_03.jpg

it will then open a new window. check your task bar, maybe it is somewhere in the background.

look for the following icon:

win10_04.jpg

• Like 1

can you right click on it?

it should show the following:

win10_03.jpg

it will then open a new window. check your task bar, maybe it is somewhere in the background.

look for the following icon:

win10_04.jpg

Oh I do. What I mean is it opens a window, but the window is blank and does nothing. :(

Oh I do. What I mean is it opens a window, but the window is blank and does nothing. :(

I found the following post:

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-win_upgrade/get-windows-10-window-is-blank/17f4dbec-f6a5-460a-87fe-870c9354f80a

seem the guy had some mcafee running in the background that blocked the application. He ran the following tool to fix it:

here the direct link to the McAfee uninstaller tool:

http://download.mcafee.com/products/licensed/cust_support_patches/MCPR.exe

So, I don't know if this will work for everyone but try using the McAfee uninstaller found on herehttp://support.esri.com/cn/knowledgebase/techarticles/detail/41057 just ingore the text and run the uninstaller and hopefully it works for everyone too.

I found the following post:

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-win_upgrade/get-windows-10-window-is-blank/17f4dbec-f6a5-460a-87fe-870c9354f80a

seem the guy had some mcafee running in the background that blocked the application. He ran the following tool to fix it:

Ahh I see. I'll try

• Like 1

Totally going to go with Win10, I can't wait to get my hands on it, but I am something of a Windows fan boy..  Excluding Windows Millenium and Vista because they were nothing but  rushed garbage, I have really enjoyed every iteration  of Windows..

Sure it will have some bugs and they will have to go through the patch process, but I don't think it would be to the extent of crashing your PC..  

Personally I feel like a kid the night before Christmas hehe

• Like 3

Technical Preview aka Beta is around for a while already... So for testing and only testing purpouses you can try it out even now, though a separate partition\disk would be recommended.

By the looks of it this one is going to be the worst one: still buggy and crashing PCs 2 month b4 luanch, design is not decided YET,  can´t upgrade your PC when Win 10 actually will be available due to ToS restrictions, can´t choose updates as its not optional anymore(disabled already tracking optional update from win8.1), can´t update my drivers as I please: choose betas or old stable one- whichever is most stable with my hardware config. Only MS certified drivers can be installed in the future:O Like da ****?!!! They can´t even get repaired simplest things on windows phone for example and customers should be relying on their crappy driver releases postponed for god knows how long.

And don´t get me wrong, was also hyped when the Win10 TP version came out, even tried it out and it seemed to be on the right track as Win7 was but now....

microsoft tends to mess up every second version. xp good, vista bad, 7 good, 8 bad so now we should get something nice :)

I will instantly go with win 10 as soon as it comes out. Cant wait to play with it.

BTW Microsoft communicated windows 10 will be the last OS. They will work with updates and upgrades instead of completely new versions.

I like the direction they are going with the free upgrade from win 7 and 8.

• Like 1

I was curious if my PC can handle win 10 and found the following feature.

It is part of the window that comes up if you click the icon in the system tray (right next to the clock in the task bar)

win10_05.jpg

To get there, open the upgrade window with the icon in the sys tray:

win10.jpg

After that click on the menu button in the upper left:

win10_06.jpg

I chose - YES. There is little information on compliance with previous versions, such as the .NET Framework. I signed up because I want to see - this. I always have the technical possibility to return to Windows 8.