Rise of The Tomb Raider Trailer Overcomes the Elements

Night Hunter

Square Enix has released a new trailer for Rise of the Tomb Raider.

The trailer shows Lara making a perilous climb up the side of a mountain, overcoming the elements to reach a cave which, judging from the voice over emphasising "discovering the secrets of the world," she goes on to raid thoroughly.

The trailer also teases a full reveal during Microsoft's E3 press conference on June 15. 

Rise of the Tomb Raider was announced as an "Xbox exclusive" for holiday 2015 during Gamescom last summer. Microsoft's head of Xbox, Phil Spencer, later clarified the exclusivity was for a certain period of time, not permanently.

Recently, rumours stemming from an Xbox Australia post circulated suggesting that Rise of the Tomb Raider was now a full Xbox One exclusive.

However, asked on Twitter about the message, Spencer said nothing has changed since he revealed last summer, and that Rise of the Tomb Raider was only a timed exclusive for Xbox.

Although neither Sony nor Square Enix have talked about Rise of the Tomb Raider on other platforms, it is possible the game could come to PlayStation 4 or PC sometime down the road.

Rise of the Tomb Raider is being developed by Crystal Dynamics and is a direct sequel to 2013's Tomb Raider reboot, which has sold more than 8.5 million copies, making it the best-selling Tomb Raider game of all time.

Rise of the Tomb Raider launches this holiday season exclusively for Xbox One and Xbox 360, with the last-gen version being developed by Nixxes Software.

• Like 3

Looking forward to this, i downloaded the last one on xbox when it was free by games with gold deal.
Didn't expect much for it but i actually liked it a lot and before i noticed i 100% the game. 
I even played the multiplayer quite a bit but the lack of other players made it almost impossible to get the games rolling...