setting internet connection

abigpaul

when i set my internet connect to cable modem and click apply, it doesnt save and goes back to unselected, i think thats why i am getting lag. how do i get to to stay on the right connection??? thanks

I guess from what you say, you play Wolfenstein, what you need is to select DLS / Conection -> Save -> and save it in your CFG / writeconfig [your_config_name]

I don't think the Connection setting in the Main Menu affects anything but your rate... default is 5000; 25000 is ideal for a good connection, but F|A allows up to 45000 on their servers.

Just type in your console (~):

/seta rate 45000

and you're good to go.

As ohurcool said and from what I've seen cable modem (or any other type of connection) only remains if you don't touch rate, but as soon as rate changes to a different value connection goes to unselected, which doesn't mean your settings are wrong.

Use /players in console, there you'll see your rate and packet settings.

when i set my internet connect to cable modem and click apply, it doesnt save and goes back to unselected, i think thats why i am getting lag. how do i get to to stay on the right connection??? thanks

well when you set from Options your connection to > DSL/CABLE > the game will set your Rate to > 25000

if you play on jaymod, it came with features called autorate which will set you rate automatically so when you go back to Options you'll find you rate UNSELECTED which is normal cuz the mods change it for you from original 25000

So don't worry if you don't see DSL/CABLE on Options

• Administrators

rate is locked at 30000 on ET:Hardcore

I have seen in half of your lag post you mention for 30000 rate. Care to explain how it makes you lag?