!howfair

TRU BLOOD

!howfair shows just how even theteams are. While in spec mode, I was looking to join in and checked the Limbo toggle and it showed Axsis at only 2% and Allies 98%. So I joined in Axsis. An F|A member pmed me and said that I should of joined the weaker team. Well after checking the limbo and it showing Axsis down by alot, I joined Axsis. 

Now, I have noticed that !howfair is not accurate and is based on certain principals. Obviously not what is actually what is happening in the game but stats.  

I guess joining Axsis,  based on the above 2% was not the right thing to do because the advantage in gane was Axsis but not according to stats.

The question is, what is !howfair based on?

• Like 2

!howfair is calculated by the K/D's (Kills per deaths, in silentmod stated as KR) the different teams have.

in Silentmod you can tap the "TAB" button twice to toggle between 3 different player stats when holding TAB. so for example: you double press TAB quickly, you can see the PR (playerrating, something about the map victories-losses of players). if you double press TAB again you can see the KR rating of the players, which !howfair uses to check if the teams are fair.

The best an admin can do is not only check !howfair, but also do /scores in the console, to see if the kills and deaths of both axis and allies are in balance. (note that they don't have to be in balance, since maps have an impact too. also note that big difference in these stats on servers where 50 players are online, might not be a big difference at all).

Edited: Link removed

Edited by Maximo Decimo
  • Like 5

I was the admin that told you try to help the team with less player, I did the !howfair and check the /scores, and also I saw which players were in the team with less player,they have a good player with high kr but they were with 3 less players.

For me that means even that the other team with more players and less KR per team were dominating the team with less players, because its a makes a lot of difference in a battle of 7 vs 10.. (can't remember exactly the number of player per team at that particulare time).

You moving to another time will make the difference by 2 and thats more bearable than with 3 less players.

Also I think even the teams sometimes its hard, you might need to remember the players and see which one is the team that is getting stacked and try to move to other one, sometimes I join to the team that has one more player to help the team with less posibilities, even if its make it uneven for the other team that is destroying the biggest team.

Thanks for helping us the admin in the server.. keep the good work and happy frags!

• Like 1

!howfair is calculated by the K/D's (Kills per deaths, in silentmod stated as KR) the different teams have.

in Silentmod you can tap the "TAB" button twice to toggle between 3 different player stats when holding TAB. so for example: you double press TAB quickly, you can see the PR (playerrating, something about the map victories-losses of players). if you double press TAB again you can see the KR rating of the players, which !howfair uses to check if the teams are fair.

The best an admin can do is not only check !howfair, but also do /scores in the console, to see if the kills and deaths of both axis and allies are in balance. (note that they don't have to be in balance, since maps have an impact too. also note that big difference in these stats on servers where 50 players are online, might not be a big difference at all).

Kat0n made a good topic about this:

that link is from the private area please remove it i see your trying to help but  please be careful where you post links from  ;) thanks

link removed bye maxi thanks :)

Edited by D..X
  • Like 1

@ancientmule, I guess before joining to sit back and watch a lttle longer instead of using the percentage that is shown. I agree, there are some very good players that make the whole difference on this server. Thanks for the response, it sheds a little more lite on !Howfair command. I used to playing on PUB servers and just recentle changed to silent. I'm getting acclimated to the difference in settings.  :rolleyes:

And thank you to all the responses for the time and exsplanations.  :hi

Edited by TRU+BL@@D
  • Like 1