Need some help

Krayzie

At the current moment I tried it with one stick of ram, with and without the video card, and completely out of the case on a cardboard box. It attempts to start, spins the fans for about 1/2 second and shuts off, as it has been doing. Nothing more.

Also, when you press the power button, you have to completely turn off the PSU before you can press the power button to do something again, otherwise pressing the power button right after you just tried to turn it on doesnt even spin the fans.

this is all  "power good" signal problems.  Here is how you fix this or at least find which problem it is.

1. Do just like I say.  Nothing more or less.

2.  Install the Mobo into the case with the proper standoffs and screws.

3.  Install (2) pieces of RAM into the appropriate slots.

4.  Install the video card.

5.  Connect PSU properly according to the manuals for the mobo and the video card.

6.  Connect the CPU fan only.

7. Connect the monitor. Mouse. & Keyboard.

8.  Start the system.

9.  Once the boot screen has stopped, look for errors.  Disregard the "cannot find boot drive" error.

10.  Let it run for at least two minutes to see if the cpu is going to cool.

11. Turn it off completely at the PSU.  There should be no lights on anywhere.

12. Install the boot drive HDD only into the "0" data link on the mobo. Plug in the DC connector.

13.  Turn the PSU back on.

14.  Watch the monitor and look for errors.*** There is a place in the BIOS for bootlogging the startup.  Make sure it is checked.

This will help with errors.

15.  If the system boots and goes into Windows,  let it go but start windows in safe mode so it wont look for extra stuff.

16.  Once you are into safe mode windows, let windows finish it's thing and then shut down windows.

17.  Try starting windows again but in normal mode.

18.  Watch the errors it creates.  You can open the boot.log in windows to read the errors later.

19.  If windows runs normal and gets to the desktop, you should be able to continue.

20.  What you do next is in this order.  Put in 2nd HDD restart.  Put in 3rd Drive restart.  Put in DVD restart.

21  If it continues and runs then you should be okay to finish the rebuild.  If it stops on any given problem, let me know on here.

22.  The extra RAM is the very last thing you put in.

I can do up to step 11 right now, do not have Windows currently installed on it yet. But if it can even boot that would be a huge start. Will try it here shortly. Thanks!

Alright tried it plugged into monitor w/ keyboard and mouse, 2 sticks ram, cpu and fan, and video card. Still no luck. Attempts to start for 1/2 second and stops.

Sorry my friend, but you have something wrong with either the Vidcard or the Mobo -or-

Something is wrong with the PSU.  But the reason it is doing that is because something is

not answering the power good signal. 

It probably got schocked and killed when you moved it.

Here is a story to show you.  Guy bought a computer.  He got it home.  Unpacked it.

He was carrying it into the computer room which had carpet.  He had on rubber shoes.

As he was carrying it across the floor, he felt a little shock from his right hand fingers.

Which...one of them was directly over the PS-2 connector for the keyboard.  PC was DOA.

I repaced the MB and it ran okay for quite a while.  So thats all it takes.

If you were near me, I could diagnose it pretty quick.  As it is, it is going to take some time and money,

for a tech to figure exactly what parts are damaged.  So sorry man.

New mobo came in today so we are going to try that. The PSU is brand new, already replaced the first one. But we will try that.

• Like 1

It was a facking dead power supply. That makes two dead power supplies for this machine. But everything is running now.

Next issue I ran into, BIOS is only reading two dvd drives and the solid state drive. Not any of the 3 2tb HDDS. It is setup in Ahci. Doesn't have OS installed on it yet.

thanks

Now that is weird.  Put the name of those power supplies on here.  It could be a manufacturing fault or just cheap crap.

See, that is why I bought all those testing devices for my shop.  You can go around and around with this stuff.  Five minutes

on my bench and we would have known the problem.

We used to have a company near me called FRY's.  They are still there but under new management.  They would take parts

that were bad, and put them back out for sale again.  Hoping that the next customer wouldn't bring it back.  Well, they got

caught doing that, and lost their rights to sell here in Oregon.  But, another bunch of guys bought them out and it seems they

are good now.  Just saying that, because I have never seen two power supplies be bad like that.

I hope everything goes well now.

The first was Seasonic. Purchased it because its what I have been using in mine. Ran for about 5 minutes but stopped working when I moved it. Was purchased on NEWEGG. The second was a Thermaltake purchased at Best buy. Would only start with certain things plugged in then died. Third is the same, Thermaltake purchased from Best buy. We have Fry's as well as Fry's electronics here. Is where he got the CPU and GPU. Never heard of those issues before.

2 PSU-s broken? Maybe you got refurbished ones? Or is it in the other room the electricity has some spikes for some reason? Just don´t go touching the wires with bare hands, just for reminder;) Everything else working fine behind that fuse? Refrigerator could affect "cleanness" of electricity in some occasions...

The HDD-s could be just controller not recognising them, especially if they are plugged behind secondary controllor like Marvel\Asmedia. Mine didn´t recognise before I installed win and appropriate mobo\hdd controller drivers. Or try to plug them one by one: DVD-players out, HDD1, HDD1 out, HDD2 on etc...

Built the PC in the kitchen, plugged into the island socket with nothing else but. Took it into my room and used the plug/cable my PC uses. So I'm blaming the psus. Both were labeled as new. From Newegg and Bestbuy.

I'm no sure what the issue with his harddrives is yet. Tried to install windows and got error 0×80070057. Tried.to delete partitions and reformat drive and would fail while trying to reformat the ssd.

I think your system got zapped and you are having problems from that.  The 80070057 error means that the controller board on the HDD isn't working correctly.

Most of the time it is the write portion of the card that gets zapped.  I have seen in the past, a zapped Mobo controller make the BIOS think it is the HDD.  So it

could be either one.  Take the HDD to another PC and see if it will format on that PC.  If it does, then the Mobo is faulty.  If it doesn't then the HDD is dead.

Personally,  I wouldn't use anything out of that zapped system.  I used to try to salvage damaged components, so that I could keep costs down to the customer,

but those parts just never worked right again.

Is there anyway you can make a boot disk or boot USB drive from a working PC with the same OS?  There is one boot up model that has disk tools.

I am getting a bit confused on here about what is working and what is not, so make a defined list of those items and lets see what we have.

You can PM if you want. 

By the way, where do you live?  Maybe there is something we can work out.  I am near Portland, Oregon.