The absolute best music in any scene in any movie...

Ol Smoke

I watched American Graffiti again tonight and what I said is true. 

I have seen 1000's of movies and the last scene in this movie is still the best.

It's the drag race scene at the end of the movie.  As all the cars are coming up Paradise Road and Green Onions starts playing.....

the absolute best music in any scene in any movie...ever.

don't argue....just listen

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QOgqUHk-zDY&feature=player_embedded

Edited by Ol' Smoke

Green Onions is a great song, but only for certain types of movies. Mostly stuff with cars or cruising around ^^

There are some other great songs in movies. Like!

Little Green Bag in Resevoir Dogs

Free Bird in The Devil's Rejects

(Even the intro was great... With Midnight Rider)

Every Sports Movie Ever >.> Rock 'N Roll Part 2

Also Fortunate Son for every Vietnam themed movie ever. <_<

Maybe I'm just indecisive :P But certain songs are great for different types of movies and will always bring back memories. I love Green onions and it is a great scene, but there are some movies with music just as great for whatever situation they host. ^.^

• Like 1

What is really cool about this movie is that it was filmed in Modesto, Cal and the race scene was filmed in Petaluma, and they have

an "American Graffiti Drive In" every year in Modesto.  If you live anywhere around there, you should go.  The year I went (1999) they

had the original two cars from the movie there.  I got to meet the two guys who built them.  I know one thing, that '55 would have won

hands down.  That car has a built 425 in it with about 500 hp.  The coupe was a 327 with about 375 hp.

There are some real screw ups in the movie with the cars they had in it and the race scene was so badly filmed and edited that you lost

perspective.  But I still watch it at least once every year.

http://www.americangraffitifestival.com/

There is also a car show and stuff in Petaluma in May.  Both are worth seeing.  They usually have someone from the film there, but since

they are getting into their late 60's and early '70's it gets harder every year.

Edited by Ol' Smoke

• 3 weeks later...