The 14 Best Movies 2014

-=NeO=-

There were many cool trailers released this year for movies opening in both 2014 and 2015, but we have narrowed it down to the 14 very best coming attractions we saw this year.

Avengers: Age of Ultron

From its Pinocchio call-outs to the Hulkbuster battle and Easter eggs of more to come in the MCU, the first trailer for Marvel's Avengers: Age of Ultron gave us a nerdgasm and then some. We simply can't wait to see Joss Whedon's follow-up to his 2012 blockbuster.

ageofultron_thumb-1414031109988_large.jp

The Babadook

This Aussie import is one of the scariest and most acclaimed movies of 2014, and this creepy trailer does a hell of a job giving viewers a good idea why!

Babadook_THUMB-1418422562822_large.jpg

Birdman

The first trailer for the critically acclaimed Birdman perfectly captures the movie's dark comedy, mental meltdown of its main character (Michael Keaton), and the showbiz satire that make it one of 2014's best movies.

Birdman_THUMb_large.jpg

Captain America: The Winter Soldier

Like the movie itself, this second trailer for Captain America: The Winter Soldier was an awesome mix of action, drama, and political intrigue showing just how deep into trouble Cap finds himself when he uncovers a conspiracy within S.H.I.E.L.D.

20823568_captain_america_the_winter_sold

Dawn of the Planet of the Apes

Tense and atmospheric, this second-to-last trailer for Dawn of the Planet of the Apes expertly established the brewing conflict between apes and humans while giving fans the sight of apes on horseback with machine guns!

DawnPOtA_THUMB_large.jpg

Furious 7

The Fast and the Furious gang are back! The Furious 7 trailer has muscle cars parachuting out of a cargo plane, people!  Outside of being an action-packed teaser, the trailer also serves as a fitting tribute to the late Paul Walker, who died during production. His remaining scenes were rewritten and completed via special effects and with his brothers serving as body doubles.

f7_110214_1280-1414945520835_large.jpg

Godzilla

It's a slow, tension-filled build to the final reveal of a roaring Godzilla in this preview highlighted by Bryan Cranston and Ken Watanabe's ominous narration.

godzilla_THUMB_large.jpg

Guardians of the Galaxy

Ooga chaka, ooga ooga, ooga chaka, ooga ooga, ooga chaka, ooga ooga, Ooga chaka, ooga ooga, ooga chaka, ooga ooga, ooga chaka, ooga ooga!

guardians--blog_large.jpg

The Hobbit: The Battle of the Five Armies

As was heard around the IGN offices when this video dropped last month, "this is how you trailer!" This final trailer for The Hobbit: The Battle of the Five Armies offers just the right blend of spectacle, action, and dramatic heft for director Peter Jackson's swan song to Middle-earth.

hobbitthumb-1415299649761_large.jpg

Inherent Vice

This first look at Paul Thomas Anderson's adaptation of the Thomas Pynchon novel perfectly captures the movie's stoner sensibility, period feel, and loony humor, while also showcasing its stellar ensemble cast.

InherentVice_THUMB-1412364951625_large.j

Jurassic World

A genetically modified dinosaur runs amok in this upcoming reboot of the Jurassic Park franchise. Set years after the events of the first movies, the public has grown ho-hum about an amusement park full of cloned dinos. In Jurassic World's attempt to offer customers something bigger and better, they literally create a monster. Chris Pratt and Bryce Dallas Howard star.

neonvid_7d664284694a85cd104201139a467e2e

Mad Max: Fury Road

Mel Gibson is long gone now, but if you’re going to replace him, you couldn’t do any better than to go with Tom Hardy, who is reinventing Max Rockatansky in Mad Max: Fury Road. Charlize Theron, Nicholas Hoult, Zoe Kravitz, Riley Keough, Hugh Keays-Byrne, and Rosie Huntington-Whiteley also star in director George Miller's long-awaited return to the Wasteland!

madMax-THUMB_large.jpg

Star Wars: The Force Awakens

This hotly anticipated first look at the J.J. Abrams-directed Episode VII opts not to show Han, Luke or Leia, focusing instead on the new characters played by John Boyega, Daisy Ridley, Oscar Isaac, and Adam Driver. From Andy Serkis' foreboding voice over to the final shots of the Millennium Falcon back in action, this trailer has indeed caused an awakening.

sw-1417191235434_large.jpg

Tomorrowland

This secretive science fiction flick -- starring George Clooney and from Incredibles director Brad Bird and producer Damon Lindelof -- teased just the right amount of wonder and the fantastical.

TomorrowLand_THUMB-1412875927158_large.j

So those were our picks for the very best movie trailers of 2014, but what did you think? What are the strongest, most memorable trailers on our list, and what are some that you think we missed? Let me know!

• Like 4

I'd rather wash my **** in Tabasco sauce than to watch Furious 7. f***in' overplayed series that spawned the god damn rice burner revolution.

Dawn was decent, though. Guardians was surprisingly good.

Will be watching Jurassic Park when it hits. Because dinosaurs. We're due for another dino craze.

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...
Most of that movies here are bad, IMHO can save some of them:

• Birdman
  • Guardians of the Galaxy
  • The Hobbit: The Battle of the Five Armies
  • The Babadook

• 3 weeks later...

My top list  You need to see these movies.

They are sooooo gooooood:

My brother came up for Sundance Film festival this weekend. He help with some short films last year. That is why I want a dslr cam for a film shooting lol. I made some short films lol

Ok well this is my list some are Sundance or some not! lol

# 4

THE BABADOOK 

# 3

THE GRAND BUDAPEST HOTEL

# 2

NIGHTCRAWLER (2014)

Really good crime movie!!!!! wow wow wow! 

My NUMBER # 1   

(Need to see this)

BOYHOOD (2014)

Thank-you 

Brought to you by the friendly Elf!

Seen only about 20 movies in 2014(more of a TV-Show guy)..my top3:

1.Guardians Of The Galaxy

2.Furious 7(dont get the hate..great movie..so FU guys :) And RIP Paul Walker)

3.Captain America: The Winter Soldier

• Like 1