How to play demos

Joshmeister

Question

I know where to save demos and how to record them, but when i try to play a demo, windows media player comes up and says that it cannot read the file.  Do i need to save it as a specific file?  I also heard that you have to play it through cod, but i don't know how to do that either.  Help would be very appreciated!

7 answers to this question

...heres pictures...im assuming you are on a pc? (would help to know what exactly you are on (mac...windows...and if its a cd/steam stuff like that)

So like i said (just double check):

1. go to your cod files

should look roughly like this: post-3693-0-67850900-1415676332_thumb.png

2. click on main folder post-3693-0-51743800-1415676342_thumb.png

3. right click and copy demo folder

4. go back to previous folder and click mods. Then click modswarfare file

5. paste demo folder in file: post-3693-0-71857300-1415676350_thumb.png

6. Activate cod game. Click Mods warfare (screen should go purple)

7. open console. (Shift+~) if console doesnt open click options->game options->enable console

8. type /demo (name of demo)

should look like this: post-3693-0-20089300-1415676378_thumb.png

If this doesnt work I suggest asking a member, a staff member or coleader to get on xfire with you and help walk you through what to do or help you figure out a solution because that could be a number of reasons why its not working lol

Edited by speedfact

Yes, once you place the dm_1 file in the correct demos folder, you open your cod4 and go into the mods menu. You launch the mod "ModWarfare" Then, you open your console, and type /demo <demo name>. This will begin playing your demo.

Yes, once you place the dm_1 file in the correct demos folder, you open your cod4 and go into the mods menu. You launch the mod "ModWarfare" Then, you open your console, and type /demo <demo name>. This will begin playing your demo.

I tried to play one, but it didnt work.  I typed in  /demo <DaNischa2.dm_1>    and it said the file was not found.   I tried it without the .dm_1 and it had the same result, although the file is saved in the demos file...

open your mod folder and make sure there is a demo folder in the mod folder. then copy and paste the demos from your main-> demo folder to your mod-> demo folder.

then open game, select modwarfare. open console and type: /demo (demo name)

make sure in the demo name you dont have the .dm, <, >, or _. these will make the file invalid if using it without the demo reviewer....

open your mod folder and make sure there is a demo folder in the mod folder. then copy and paste the demos from your main-> demo folder to your mod-> demo folder.

then open game, select modwarfare. open console and type: /demo (demo name)

make sure in the demo name you dont have the .dm, <, >, or _. these will make the file invalid if using it without the demo reviewer....

I created the new folder and copied the demos.  I typed them in right without any of the .dm stuff, and it still didnt work.  The console is the button below Esc, right?

...heres pictures...im assuming you are on a pc? (would help to know what exactly you are on (mac...windows...and if its a cd/steam stuff like that)

So like i said (just double check):

1. go to your cod files

should look roughly like this: attachicon.gifss1.PNG

2. click on main folder attachicon.gifss2.PNG

3. right click and copy demo folder

4. go back to previous folder and click mods. Then click modswarfare file

5. paste demo folder in file: attachicon.gifss3.PNG

6. Activate cod game. Click Mods warfare (screen should go purple)

7. open console. (Shift+~) if console doesnt open click options->game options->enable console

8. type /demo (name of demo)

should look like this: attachicon.gifss4.png

If this doesnt work I suggest asking a member, a staff member or coleader to get on xfire with you and help walk you through what to do or help you figure out a solution because that could be a number of reasons why its not working lol

I got it to work!   I didnt have a ModWarfare file in the Mods!!!!!!

Thanks, speed!