Computer Problem.

crmbs

Hi, I have got a problem with my PC. I turned on my computer to come on ET, when I put my password it come up with this message.

"User Profile Service service can't log on"

When the "Ok" button got pressed it just logged itself off and done the same thing again.

Does anyone in the FA community know how to fix this problem, if you do, please post here...

By the way it's a Windows Vista PC.

Regards, narna

• Leader

I found fixes for similarly-worded error statements.  I don't think the fixes are for beginners :)  I feel that you should make an exact copy of the error statement so that the experts here can be more helpful.   Googling your "User Profile Service service can't log on"  only found your post here, which probably means your info is not quite exact copy.

Microsoft Article:  "The User Profile Service failed the logon. User profile cannot be loaded."

expertreviews.co.uk:  "The User Profile Service failed the logon"

• Leader

Hi,

In the future please include your system specs and operating system version. Try this: https://support.microsoft.com/kb/947215

Regards,

xenozbad

That is one of the links that I almost posted, but was a little worried about narna's ability to perform the steps involved if he was unable to find that page himself.

That is one of the links that I almost posted, but was a little worried about narna's ability to perform the steps involved if he was unable to find that page himself.

I agree but also feel that it's important to provide the option so that he may decide that for himself. The dangers are outlined before the steps are listed. The second method is very easy and the third is an automated .exe that fixes it for you. :P

Regards,

xenozbad

His Operating System is Vista, His system specs aren't needed.

Keep in mind that he cannot logon to use his computer.

Best way to fix: While computer starting...Press F8 repeatedly and hold down...

Boot Options menu should appear, If it doesn't, Try again...

Move highlighted to: safe mode using up or down arrows, Press Enter.

When started in safe mode, Go to Control Panel(view all), User Accounts.

Manage another account, Create a new account(administrator).  

Restart computer and logon with new user.  Use that account, Set password.

No programs will be installed but it'll work...

Install your programs and You could even delete the old account if You want.

Hey,

Thanks for all the feedback and help! I have got my PC working again. Just got to downoad everything again, more work xD

Thanks again...

• Like 2