Craziness all over the place..

Chameleon

This morning I was attempting to roll back a video driver that was unstable in favor of an older one that worked much better..

When I rolled it back I had to do a restart.. After the restart, I lost all of my usb ports, and for a time all video..

Heretic helped me get the video back, but the usb problem persisted.

In a last ditch effort, I booted into system repair to try and fix the issue..  

I let it run and do it's thing, I chose this option because it said it wouldn't delete any files.

Long story short, I can't find any files/games/apps and so on..

I googled the issue, and saw where windows would create a folder called windows.old

I found this folder, but there was really nothing in it at all.. None of my apps or games or anything of use for that matter..

My question is, does anyone know where everything went? I am being forced now to re-install everything, which is horrible, and time consuming..  Just exactly what am I missing here?  

Thanks in advance

Shane

unhide your folders, because I have that too and also you might have to run a few of the things in windows.old to get everything back in running order, because when i did a OS upgrade it created it for me too and moved my cod4 and all that into there and I was able to move it to my new folders no problems so... try doing your search engines as well and see if the files are on there just hidden or in a low access point

• Like 1

If you did a system restore then its possible it could of "found" the "safest option" for you and could have rolled everything back before it saw any issues

You could try to use undelete plus

• Like 1