NHL Season 2014-2015

von Rantala

Are you trying to win or you just take the players you like? :P

It could be more simple for the points:

1)Goals + assists = players points

2)wins + shutouts = goalies points

Would be easier to calculate (we could find a free website that does it for us).

And we could make a complete team while we're at it. 12 forwards, 6 def, 2 goalies (maybe 2 backup players?) with the 69mil(I think?) salary cap

I love my idols :) so i always take them. I have equal chance win with team aswell. :)

If you find some site what do that for us, then yes we can take whole team. If we not find site half team sound better. I can do all job no problem at all. Its not hard to count/take 30 players stats.

Reply on your suggestions

1) yes goal+assists=points sound good but +/- is important stats too and i hope we can take that in too. :)

2) Wins+ shutouts agree with you

• Like 2

i can not wait ....bring back the nhl and fast

YEAAAH i miss WILD hockey so so so much. I visit 3-5 time per day in wild site and nhl site. I want hockey back! :) I so so hope that Saku Koivu continue his career and continue that in Montreal, second wish is that Saku continue his career in Wild and third wish is that he continue his career :)

wild.jpg
  • Like 2

Wow Toews and Kane new cap hit is 10,5 milj so 21 go to only two player. Woow in my view it was big mistake. If salary cap stay same in season 2015-2016 Chicago has only 3,2 milj cap space and they need at least 5 player. They must trade a lot players that they can get under salary cap. Toews and Kane both are good players but not so good that they can earn 10,5 milj dollar. In my view if player really want stay in team he take off little bit on his salary request. In my view good Captain is always example off and on the ice and now when he take so big salary he give signal that all can ask huge salary in Chicago and nobody not need take off money his salary request. I see that next season Chicago is strong team and can battle Cup but after next season they must sell a lot good players that they can go under salary cap and it will take 3-5 year to get back to cup competitor when salary cap raise and if not raise it can take longer or they most trade Kane or Toews. Chicago will lose most of skillfull players after 2015-2016 and they put too much hope to two player. I cant see that Kane or Toews are 10,5 milj player. Reasons: Usually 5,0 milj player make 40-60 points per season. So two 5 milj player make totaly 80-120 point per season. and four 5 milj player make 160-240 points per season. Usually 5 milj player make 20-30 goal. So can Toews or Kane make 40-60 goal and 80-120 points per season every year for next 8 season. No they cant. Ofcourse points not everything. Toews doing a lot for his team and Kane too what cant see in points but still if they lose 40-60 goal per season because they lose two possible 5 milj player its too much. That Kane and Toews can give equal input in team than two 5 milj player usually give, they both must do 40-60 goal per season and 80-120 point per season. In my view they are 8,0-8,5 milj players.

Im eager to know what our Chicago fans think about those two contract?

• Like 1

I think it's too much too!

They might not be able to sign Leddy and Saad next year....I think they hope the salary cap will rise again in the next years.

Oh well, I guess they didn't see what happened to Pittsburgh. Relying on 2 players won't make you win.

• Like 2

I think it's too much too!

They might not be able to sign Leddy and Saad next year....I think they hope the salary cap will rise again in the next years.

Oh well, I guess they didn't see what happened to Pittsburgh. Relying on 2 players won't make you win.

I think salary cap rise max 5 milj per season. So in season 2015-2016 i think Chicago must give out couple of this players

Marian Hossa

Patrick Sharp

Brandon Saad

Brad Richards

Niklas Hjalmarsson

Nick Ledy

So on that list i think 2-5 player they must give away

Before this season they must trade some player because they are over salary cup over 2 milj. So i think Bryan Bickell will leave before season start. But i think Bickell contract was big mistake last year. He is not 4,0 milj player so its maybe hard to get traded.

But in next season Chicago is very good team and strong cup challenger. But look like Stan Bowman made couple hight risk conract and that can cause that Chicago not win Cup in serveral years after next season. But we can be wrong, but look like Los Angeles can keep they player a much better price. Like Gaborik and Kopitar and Quick. Im little bit surprised why Chicago must pay so much on they players but other strong teams not, like Los Angeles and Boston. Only team what you can compare is Los Angeles because they have two cup after salary cap. Los Angeles make a much better contracts. They can keep salary cap low when they make new contracts with players, but why Chicago cant do same? Its Bowman fault? or what?

Toews and Kane are good players everyone agree that, but we are little bit surprised how big contract they get. So i or anyone else not want abuse Chicago or Toews or Kane we are just surprised and that cause debate. Im still eager to hear what ThunderCats and Cicione think this contracts and future salary cap situation.

Explanations = F|A members teams von Rantala = Minnesota Wild, Pepsi and D..X = Toronto Maple LeafsZigzag = OttawaSl@yer = Calgary GermanKilla = Colorado

Thundercats and Cicione = Chicago, LA Kings Fan = Los Angeles ©, Mathieu and RefL3x:> = Montreal, Yomero, Jaymee = Pittsburgh,  NHL leading team (L)

Applicants teams: Meow = San Jose and Philadelphia

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

So only 69 day before new season start. What if we decide that all who want take part of our Fantasy hockey league must send his team 1.October. (one week before season start) So everyone has 60 day time to make his team.

I name my coatch, my coatch will be Antero Niittymäki :) I done my whole team and will tell that 30 September

Explanations = F|A members teams von Rantala = Minnesota Wild, Pepsi and D..X = Toronto Maple LeafsZigzag = OttawaSl@yer = Calgary GermanKilla = Colorado

Thundercats and Cicione = Chicago, LA Kings Fan = Los Angeles ©, Mathieu and RefL3x:> = Montreal, Yomero, Jaymee = Pittsburgh,  NHL leading team (L)

Applicants teams: Meow = San Jose and Philadelphia

Should we do a fantasy hockey league? 

We can do this

We can take whole team 12 forward and 6 defender and 2 goalie and count only 6 best forward and 4 best defender and 1 best goalie (that way we cut down injuries) or we can take whole team points. I can do openoffice spreadsheet and update that everytime when 20 games gone. So 4 time per season.

So how we decide winner?

We count our 6 best forward points (goal+assist) together and add 4 best defenders points and then we add together our goalie wins and minus goal against. In goal against we must multiply that GAA to 82 (whole season) to get full season goal against. Because if we not do that everyone can take goalie who is number 2 goalie and play only 10-15 game. So winner is who get most points

Well can also use something like ESPN fantasy or cbs sport fantasy portals 

Hmm i tried those and not know how to use them. Maybe my english is now better and i can try that again. :) But when we use own system we can save those stats and they are always available to us :) Example if we still run our own fantasy leagua after 3 season we can see who get most points in all time and who has best players in those three season :)

http://games.espn.go.com/fhl/welcome

That way we can set it up how we want. We can set it up how we like. I think we can do it for 8, 10, or 12 players. 

Okey thank you for link. I will look up that site sunday or monday. Tomorrow im too busy with gameday and now its too late. But thanks mate :)

Edited by von Rantala

Heya! I'm up for anything related to hockey! xD

I'm just kinda lazy right now cuz it's summer.

We should make the rules clear though once we know exactly what we're doing...

Like are we picking up players and respecting the salary cap? Or are we just taking whatever player we want?

And I'm not sure about that goal against thing for the goalies. Usually, the goalies with the most wins are the goalies with the best stats... lol so that's like giving them even more points? lol

Edited by meow