Help me, I cant decide :p

Spanky

So i decided to get a new desktop pc custom built, but I can't decide on the cpu/gpu.

There is one design that is Intel core i5 4690k overclocked to up to 4.3ghz and then theres the amd ones like amd a8-6500k quad core 4.1ghz, or amd a10-6800k quad core 4.4ghz, obviously price wise the amds are cheaper but I'm wondering if theres much difference performance wise. 

And then i was going to get a Nvidia geforce gtx 750 but i didn't know whether to get 1gb or 2gb.. or if there's much difference. 

Any input would be great as I'm not really knowledgeable about these things :)

Someone knowledgeable will answer soon....but meanwhile.. :-) I see u play cod so u need hot rig.that i5 rocks but some people like amd ok. 2gig gpu for sure and prob at least a 600 watt or higher PS. ...and good cooling .

• Like 1

Those AMD processors you are looking at don't have as much cache as the i5, and don't have any L3 cache. If you are interested in AMD, I'd look at their FX socket processors, rather then their APU (A) series.

So i5 in that selection.

• Like 2

That has the performance of an i7. That's one kickass CPU, I'm actually looking at it myself for my new build.

To my knowledge only FX 8350 competes somewhat to i5-s, but theres Devils Canyon out from Intel which already broke world record in OC(7Ghz, not for everyday usage but shows the potential). If you want OC so defo get i5\i7 and preferrably Devils Canyon. The money you save from AMD chip you HAVE TO spend on more expensive mobo a cheaper mobos tend to fry on AMDs extreme power consumption, so if you not OC still get i5\i3... If AMD sold CPU-s competeing in same performance level about 20$-40$.

For GPU its vice versa, get and ATI graphics. 750 is intended for mobile\power saving platforms. ATI r9 270x\280x\290 or gtx 760\770\780, but ATI should be cheaper for same power.

Well those other higher specs i just can't afford, and don't really need, since its mostly just cod i play. I got the amd one i mentioned, and the graphics card, will let u know how it goes when i get it :) I'm happy with what i got anyway lol