xfire error

Hey i m having this weird xfire problem frm today morning it says this error and i uninstalled and reinstalled it also by downloading from xfire official website still shows this error.. when i try to delete that file it says error need permission from trustedinstaller to make changes etc....

232_zps2816f78d.png

http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/windows/en-US/58572d1c-20cd-419c-adf4-639144e0c0ad/msnmsgrexe-bad-image-error-cwindowssystem32msvfw32dll-is-either-not-designed-to-run-on

This dll is a system file used for videos and sounds notifications.

You can repair this dll with your boot CD win7 32b or in downloading this dll (here for example) and replace yours corrupted in "C:\Windows\system32".

Edited by Ann!b@l

You can repair this dll with your boot CD win7 32b.

Or run "sfc /scannow" in an elevated command prompt ^_^

Or run "sfc /scannow" in an elevated command prompt ^_^

Almost all people who reported this problem, mentioned that scannow didn't solved their issue. Or I would have suggested him this solution in first place. ;) Same goes in re-installing a prog or a driver. Fixed in few cases only with a restore point.

Edited by Ann!b@l
  • Like 1

Almost all people who reported this problem, mentioned that scannow didn't solved their issue. Or I would have suggested him this solution in first place. ;) Same goes in re-installing a prog or a driver. Fixed in few cases only with a restore point.

I M getting another error nvd3dum.dll file as i open vlc medi player and play any movie and no sound....

I M getting another error nvd3dum.dll file as i open vlc medi player and play any movie and no sound....

this is an nvidia dll.

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_7-pictures/windows-media-player-crashes-nvd3dumdll-file-error/6dca6c3c-dc39-480c-98d2-764c4a402d89

Try to re-install your driver: GeForce 6150SE nForce 430 (India link)

i did downloaded it like 1 and half week before bt i shall download again and install and see if u recommend 

• Like 1

the xfire porblem is still i tried to download the file manually and copy replace it but that is also not working  so what to do

the xfire porblem is still i tried to download the file manually and copy replace it but that is also not working  so what to do

Did you tried one of those solutions posted through the link I gave you in my previous post?

Ok, some light at the end of the tunnel. The problem as far as I can tell is the new Nvidia driver. It says its compatible but it isn't. My problem was twofold. Windows media player fails (appcrash nvd3dum.dll) leaving me with the helpful message "windows media has stopped working etc" which I had already guessed. Same problem for my Windvd bd.
So I went to device manager/display adapter/nvidia geforce 330m and "disable". Hello low res screen. Then I just selected "enable" and all seems well. Windows media player works no problem.
Not so for the win dvd bd however. I navigated to disk drive and looked for a driver update. I searched locally and found three nvidia drivers (??). I selected the earliest driver and restarted my vaio. Now it all works like magic. The issue must be with an nvidia update, which makes me a little worried about downloading any more as my laptop is running very well at the moment. I hope this process works for someone else and thank you all for your help.

Also, if it's not already the case, you should first try to reinstall your grafic driver through Device Manager.

1) Type devmgmt.msc in Search bar
2) Click on Device Manager
3) Click on Update Driver Software
post-7251-0-01161400-1401529683_thumb.png
4) Click on Browse my computer for drivers software
post-7251-0-31287300-1401529713_thumb.png
5) Click on Browse
post-7251-0-23126700-1401529730_thumb.png
6) Navigate to and select the folder that contains the driver for this device, and click on OK
7) Click on next
post-7251-0-24951400-1401529758_thumb.png
8) Click on Close
post-7251-0-64356600-1401529774_thumb.png
9) Restart your PC

You're done.
Edited by Ann!b@l

i dont have other devices option in device manager 

Afaik, almost all the versions of Windows own this option. But users with standard (non-administrative) accounts can only view items in Device.. So your user account could be restricted by a standard type by UAC (User Accounts Control)... Are you restricted in the use of all options in Dev Mngr or only the manual option for updating?

ok if anyone having this problem just download unlocker and delete this file and then download this file manually from internet and paste it.... for me that worked