Afther map ends problem

Crips+

When Italy map ended, afther intermission, it seemed the map restarted, because it was warmup count down, and afther warm up, it suddenly said: server restarting, and it started the next map.

I think it's a bug, or quite useless to do warmup, to load the next map afther intermission(and intermision itselfs already has a count down) :P

Normaly the do_warmup is when the map begins, and afther warmup u can just play the same map.

But at Italy, it was italy that ended, and we were at intermission of italy map, and afther intermission of italy, we thought the map restarted cuz it was italy again, but then with a warmup of 30seconds(and that AFTHER italy intermission). Afther those 30secs, the server suddenly execed another map.

I'm drunk, so I'll be fkin direct in my reply.

VOTE DURING THE GODAMN INTERMISSION TO PLAY YOUR GODAMN MAP!!!

Server is running a small (and CERTAINLY bugged) maprotation, I NEVER used ETPub's GT6, added it on request with a few adjustments but I'm definitely not able to explain anyone (not even myself) how it works, only ETPub can inform you (and me) about this at the moment (I'll add info in the doc as soon as i know more about it).

Sry but i'm tired of being called on the server or being told "OMG there's a bug, map keeps restarting" just because some people don't use the (obvious) mapvote thing during intermission.

Dare if u read that, I might need more control on this part of the forum, some topics needs to be /locked and/or need to be cleaned up/deleted...

As I know myself very well, i'll read that tomorrow and i'll be like "OMG did i wrote that?!?!" but yea, here's my reply to this NEVERENDING (not a)bug reporting!

Nitrox,

I didn't vote, and there were some bots, so it might be none voted.

But still I think the server should play the next coming map.

ETPub: when none votes for a map, it's going to play the next coming map on the cycle, or just another map I think.

ETpub is open source, so U might find it :)

Anyways, good work with your Jaymod stuff on your Nitrox mod, I assume it's very hard.

Nitrox,

I didn't vote, and there were some bots, so it might be none voted.

But still I think the server should play the next coming map.

ETPub: when none votes for a map, it's going to play the next coming map on the cycle, or just another map I think.

ETpub is open source, so U might find it :)

Anyways, good work with your Jaymod stuff on your Nitrox mod, I assume it's very hard.

It works on etpub because there is a rotation beside it. So instead of going to the map with most points, it just do a nextmap. If the nextmap wasn't bound to a new map in the rotation, the server will stay at the same map. As N!trox said, there is no bug beside it and this is the exact expected behavior. If no one votes, how does the server is supposed to know which map its supposed to load. The way to not do that is to load a rotation before the server start. Here is A FULL working example:

We execute this rotation when we start the server:

set m1 "g_gametype 6; map oasis; set nextmap vstr m2" 
set m2 "map goldrush; set nextmap vstr m3" 
set m3 "map radar; set nextmap vstr m4"
set m4 "map battery; set nextmap vstr m1"

Then the server put the gametype to vote and go to oasis and change the "nextmap" command to execute the m2 variable : set m1 "g_gametype 6; map oasis; set nextmap vstr m2"

Then end of oasis happen and railgun got most votes so the server execute "map railgun" which change the map to railgun.

Then end of railgun and nobody vote so the server execute "nextmap" which is bind to m2 so the line set m2 "map goldrush; set nextmap vstr m3" will be executed and the map will change to goldrush.

Then end of goldrush and the map voted is radar so the server does map radar.

Then end of radar, nobody vote so the server execute m3: set m3 "map radar; set nextmap vstr m4" so the map will load and everybody will think there is a bug but it's not a bug, it's part of the rotation.

And so on...

So even if you have the gametype 6, you need to have a map rotation beside it so the people that never vote and think everything will be done for them won't say they saw a bug ;)

Hey thanks Aigle for the reply, at least now people will (hopefully...) know how it is supposed to work

I knew it was supposed to work that way, the problem with the test server was caused by a missing map rotation (blame my lazyness...).

I just fixed it a few minutes ago and everything works fine. The 3 default maps are goldrush, oasis and supply.

I will add all the map voting related infos in the documentation when we will release 1.5.

P.S.: My reaction when I saw what I posted was what i expected... "Holy shit ! Did i write that?" I lol'd :D

Now that i think about it, maybe i just used rcon without being connected to load another map or exec the rotation... lol

And don't worry, i know that you didnt mean to do anything bad by reporting this, i was just drunk and got pissed cuz too many people reported that as a bug, and it was just my fault xD

If nobody wants to play any other map it is most sensible to play the same map again. However, it is good to have a small rotation for players that are new to the ET or to the mapvoting gametype. Nitrox already replied that he has set a map rotation to his server so the problem seems to be solved.

Edited by ge_f