Camping rigs

Sl@yer

I am sure that many of you like to camp. I have been going camping since I was a little boy. Our family used to camp in lake Champlain in New York when we lived in Chateauguay, Quebec. My wife of almost 23 years and I used to tent it until about 3 years ago. I was picking up Garbage in the lanes of Calgary, Alberta when I happened upon a man cleaning out a 1978 Bonair 1100 tent trailer. I pulled up a jokingly asked if he was going to package that properly for pickup. We laughed and he asked if I was interested in buying it. I asked  how much? He says a hundred bucks, needs a little work with the corners though. I was like what????? I explained I had just helped my Brother in outlaw with his tent trailer not 2 weeks earlier, I know how and have the tools to do this. I'll be back right after work.

This thing was bad, only 1 of the four corners worked and after screwing around with it for a few days steady, I managed to get it working. I decided to call this "The Rolling Turd" here it is:

post-10446-0-09500700-1399904866_thumb.jpg

Worked for what we needed for then, we just got this and this weekend is going to be the maiden voyage. Its a 2009 Spree KZ210, the older couple that owned it used it maybe 2 times a year.

post-10446-0-25674000-1399905365_thumb.jpg

post-10446-0-44296500-1399905389_thumb.jpg

post-10446-0-50588300-1399905406_thumb.jpg

I wanted to call it "The Killing Spree". My wife isn't too keen on that. I have friends in the sign industry, as you can tell by the last trailer. Maybe this could be called "The Camping Spree". Once I get the graphics done I'll post a finished picture here.

Why don't you all show me your homes away from homes. Maybe share a funny story about a trip you may have taken. Let's talk camping.

My parents have a 5th wheel, and they are on a 30 day trip through the Western US. I'd love to have something similar, but I'd want something bigger to fit all 6 of us into.

post-8437-0-76341400-1399950496_thumb.jpg

• Like 1