Web pages loading slow, 100/10 connection

and my pc isnt slow either....

CPU: Intel i5-3570k 3.4ghz
Graphics: Gigabyte GeForce GTX 660 Ti WindForce (and my god its an ugly card :DD)
Motherboard: MSI B75MA-P45
Ram: 2x Kingston HyperX 4GB, DDR3 1600MHz,
Case: LC-Power Pro-917B 'Titus X'

So yea as the title says web pages and videos load really slowly... switching browser doesnt help (mainly use firefox but occasionally also chrome)
then i read on some web page that it might be security programs F****in stuff up if u use more than 1, wich i dont, i only use avast (the free one) every program is up to date etc... i have no clue whats going on :(

Well I suppose the place to start would be to see whether it's an issue with your internet connection, or whether there's some unwanted software or malware on your computer.

A few good programs to run are: ADWcleaner, Malwarebytes, CCleaner, and potentially Combofix. Spybot Search and Destroy is also a good program to have, but remember with Malwarebytes to download the free version, and with Spybot S&D to make sure the realtime scanner isn't turned on, so that neither conflict with your Avast installation.

Would be good to have a screenshot of a speed test however (www.speedtest.net) as well, as ISPs tend to like to throttle bandwidth at their own pleasure.

3418123245.png

its not my connection and i dont have any malware, and ive run CC cleaner and ive removed browser history, so all the obvious things are done, my friend suggested disabling unity... could that help?

Edited by Ch11m33y aka. ChiLLy<3

Try opening a command prompt and entering

netsh winsock reset

netsh int ip reset reset.txt

and then reboot. Also, is this just browsers or are other applications slow too?

• Like 1

Hmm...

Have you tried clearing your browser cache? What I recommend is finding your profile, backing it up, and doing a complete browser reset. Remove all add-ons, history, cookies, etc. There's usually an automated tool to do that in the "Help" menu of most browsers.

Hmm...

Have you tried clearing your browser cache? What I recommend is finding your profile, backing it up, and doing a complete browser reset. Remove all add-ons, history, cookies, etc. There's usually an automated tool to do that in the "Help" menu of most browsers.

as stated earlier ive done that a few times :)