fastest possible config for 1.5ghz laptop

staticwarp

CPU: amd a4-5000 apu at 1.5ghz

RAM: 4gb

Graphic Card: radeon hd graphics (the one integrated into the apu)

Monitor: 15" screen (laptop), 1366x720 Resolution, Refresh Rate unknown

Internet connexion and speed: cable

Game graphics: as ugly as possible, i've tried a bunch of low detail configs and still get huge fps drops with them.

What resolution you play with: i'd like to play with my native resolution but am open to a lower resolution if the aspect ratio is still right (can't play when everything looks stretched out)

What Sensitivity: about 2.5 is what i usually play with

What Crosshair: default is fine, i can tweak this later

What FOV you want: whatever will be fastest

basically i'd like the game to look as crappy and run as fast as possible, performance is the only goal. i'd like to be able to get 76 fps out of this thing. :)

thanks

-Native resolution, set for no strech :)

-Fov does not affect performance ( I left fov command on top so it will be easy for you to change)(110 atm)

-Fullscreen, fps capped to 60(43 might be even better choice....)

-Graphics as low as I could get, they should give you high fps boost ;)

-Keys setup, mostly default, on alt you have walk, n stats, while you exec 1st time, binds should save and then you will have F6- exec Static.cfg and on F7 vid_restart

-Don't know what is your network speed so I amde rate 34000, maxpackets 100, snaps 20.

You should put this cfg in etmain folder of the game then in game type in console /exec static.cfg then press F7 to vid_restart.

If you have any problems with it, or you want to modify it somehow but don't know how, send me a pm or write on xfire.

Static.cfg

• Like 1

Ofc it does, can be quite huge. ;)

Never felt this way.... I had 1,2 ghz pc and with any fov there was no difference ;)

Still good to know ^^

thanks the0ry! i'll let you know what the performance is like when using this cfg. this computer is capable of 130+ fps in small rooms where there isn't much going on, but as soon as i'm looking a big area with lots of enemys it drops to around 20. hopefully i'll be able to get stable at 60ish. :)

• Like 1

i've been using etlegacy, and tried out the Static.cfg you made. i put it in etmain and execd it in the console, but didn't notice a difference from the other low detail configs i've tried other than that there is no skybox. still averaging fps in the 20s-30s. :(

i started to think that maybe it was an etlegacy thing, so i also tried it with 2.60b. shockingly, with 2.60b my fps is even lower with this cfg, it was between 5-8! :0 i'm wondering what else i can try at this point. :/

i used the version of et 2.60b from the downloads section of fa.com, is there a different version i should use? i'm using windows 8 and have the latest driver for my apu.

i noticed that you got my name and colors right in the cfg, that was a really nice detail. thanks for noticing and including that! :)

Edited by staticwarp

1st thing etlegacy is based on different cvars. I mean different that some which affect performance in 2.60b does not affect et L. (sometimes even same values mean something different) I had some trouble making cfg for et legacy....

2nd thing, not always specific config(cvar values) will work. Maybe try r_primitives 2.

Th3o

• Clan Friend

record a short demo in a place where you have few fps, then benchmark with /timedemo 1

this way you can see clearly if a change gives you more fps or not

• Like 1

not that it would make such a difference (it's probably the same) but have you tried the config I posted in the other thread?

yep i will note that in the other thread for the sake of completeness. thanks for the timedemo tip, i'm still trying to figure out how to use it but it's definitely faster than connecting to a server every time i try new cvars. :)

1st thing etlegacy is based on different cvars. I mean different that some which affect performance in 2.60b does not affect et L. (sometimes even same values mean something different) I had some trouble making cfg for et legacy....

2nd thing, not always specific config(cvar values) will work. Maybe try r_primitives 2.

Th3o

r_primitives 2 didn't seem to make a noticeable difference. i'm thinking that as far as the etlegacy cfg goes i'm going to try asking around on their forum for some tips, i'll update if i find out anything important.

i'm still wondering why 2.60b runs so badly on this laptop. at least etlegacy is sort of playable on it, i'll just have to keep researching how to make things work better.

thanks guys :)

Edited by staticwarp

thanks to everybody's help i'm able to play et on my crappy laptop! it seems to play well between 45-66 fps *if* i'm playing on smaller servers. i'm going to keep working it and combine sunlight's cfg from the other thread and the0ry's cfg from this thread and cap it at the best fps i can get in that range. 

i figured out that this laptop just can't handle it when there are too many players to render, so i'll just play on the smaller FA servers when i'm using it. playing 8v8 on silent seems to work pretty well.

i'll post the config here once i'm done with it in case anyone else is trying to play on the same crappy computer/apu. XD

Edited by staticwarp

• Clan Friend

i'm still wondering why 2.60b runs so badly on this laptop. at least etlegacy is sort of playable on it, i'll just have to keep researching how to make things work better.

I never got even 1 fps extra from etlegacy, I only had a *little* increase from et xreal when I tried it back then.

I think, as I said in another thread about etlegacy, that the default values for some settings are different, so unless you have all possible r_settings in your cfg you will get 'random' changes for those you don't set.

In my case I set almost every possible setting, including things which are normally useless while playing like r_showtris, etc. so obviously I get the same fps because all the settings are the same everywhere. Maybe I'm wrong and it's just my hardware that is not influenced by etlegacy, but I don't think so. With a decent config you can get the same fps on 2.60b imho.

thats whats so baffling about this, on my other computer 2.60b runs way better than etlegacy, but on this laptop 2.60b is unplayable and etlegacy works well. must have something to do with this apu.

Make sure your r_mode is set to something from 0-4, nothing higher.

/seta r_mode 4 is what I use.

Also, play around with r_primitives and your picmips, those can help FPS.

Try out these commands in your cfg:

/r_mode 4

/r_primitives 2

/r_picmip2 3

/r_picmip 2

Make sure you have your fps set to 125 as well, the command is:

/com_maxfps "125" or for your case "76"

Try these and let me know