How true is this!? Old guys unite! hehe

Chameleon

So true. I actually forced the school to fail my son in grade 6. I knew he wasn't ready, but the system wants to flush them through like little turds. Not wearing the bike helmets made you think about the consequences of your own actions.

• Like 1

i could not possibly agree more , i weap for the future , today's culture of 'pass the buck' responsibility and dependance on 'the system' to teach values and ethics to our children has resulted in a culture of apathy and mediocrity , i remember when pagers where the big thing and even then only drug dealers had them at school , i remember when people used books as a reference for reports and not wikipedia , and things like ebonics were considered slang and not taught as a credible form of language.To quote 'The Incredibles ' ..."... if everyone is 'special' its another way of saying no one is ." and speaking of helmet laws , i can't seem to remember any case of some idiot child trying to jump a moving car when i was young , but i have seen countless moronic stunts on you tube performed by kids from 10 yrs and up , and then there are the 'anti bullying' laws . Now don't get me wrong , i had to deal with bullying in school , and no i don't approve of it , but , its gone to the extreme in some places where the term 'BFF' ( best friends forever) is not allowed because it excludes others and therefore is a form of bullying. How absurd can you get ? As well my girlfriend's child was an excellent student with a 4.0 avereage till he graduated . He was quiet and kept to himself , choosing not to associate with the popular , not to mention less inteligent crowd of his school , who were known to bully people themselves. For this the school administration tried to mandate that he be medicated because he had "anti-social" behavior. I wonder when the anit-bullying laws will apply to the system aswell ! ok I'm done ranting , alll i really wanted to say was i think that was a great video and thanks for posting it !

• Like 1