Titanfall

vyder

Good Reviews ? HA ! :noob   ... j/k Dddrgn ya know we's budz :drunk

YEAH isn't even out on the Street yet and it's ALREADY WON like  80  Gamers Awards ...

This thing is gonna blow it up and be THE GAME of The YEAR without a doubt !

I've already got mine on Pre-Order w/ ORGIN. :yahoo March 11th can't come soon enough. Too bad Sony PS3 & PS4 players are SOL ! :censored

https://www.facebook.com/Titanfallgame

• Like 1

LOL! It does look good and I truly hope that it renews the FPS genre like how COD4 did. Game looks bloody awesome. Interestingly though, it is being run on the source engine. Its almost 10 years old! I guess its not so bad as long as the game play is tight and looks good. I remember when the source engine came out and it looked soooo dam good. Now crysis engines are sweet! Dont know how many persons could hold with mechs etc on the crysis engine though.

6V6 doesn't really thrill me. Looks good, but I'm waiting a bit after release to see what it's like. Already been burned with some newer fps games after buying it too soon or pre-order.

Look at games like Aliens Colonial Marines... Hyped to shit. Was supposed to be oh so good. ...Turned out to be shit.

Same with CoD: Ghosts lol People were claiming it was going to be awesome. Look at Steam forums and reviews for PC. Optimized like shit.

6v6? I think the PC version should be able to support 64 player combat! *looks up article*

OMG.... http://metro.co.uk/2014/01/08/titanfall-has-12-player-maximum-and-6v6-limit-4254254/

WTF! WHAT A DAM BUZZKILL. I am really disappointed in this. Basically it seems it is a console port. 6v6? WTF. I woulda been happy with 32 players with the way PC games are going. This is some BS. I was really looking forward to a nice sci fi FPS and this is what happens? Good lord this is whack. The game does look awesome but 6v6 is weak. :cry:mad:censored

I had hoped that the guy who worked on COD4 would have seen how COD4 did with so much players and continue along that vein. Why the hell do we have more powerful machines and still with this bs 6v6 or 9v9???? Looks like I will have to order BF3.

The thing is as other persons have mentioned, if there are only 6 persons per side, that means you play a greater role on the team. If you have clans playing regularly, pubs/newbies will have no chance. I would much prefer options in map size such as BF2142. You could specify a large battle with greater map area to fit in or a small battle with a smaller battlefield. I just dont understand why with all the advancements in tech that you go to a 6v6 rather than giving us options. in the trailer the action looks great and frenetic and it seems epic in size. I was expecting some really intense action with numerous persons. They may be having tech limitations with the engine and have to scale down the player count. Interestingly, it seems that there will be 12 humans player and 12 AI players. WTF? Why just give persons the option to use real persons in the AI? It just seems a bit too limiting and they may be masking some tech issues with player count. I will wait and see how the reviews go before purchasing.

Give the player the option to scale up or down their games. I think BF2142 got that right and gave a wide variety of playable options to the players.

Take a look at the link below:

http://www.polygon.com/2014/1/9/5292474/titanfall-maps-can-be-packed-with-nearly-50-combatants-including-ai

I hope that the AI won't suck! We will have to wait and see how it pans out. Hopefully PC's can mod it and expand it.

• 1 month later...

Just tried the Beta and it is pretty fun.

It is 6v6, but there are a lot of AI's around.

You can call your Titan like every 3 minutes, even though it can be faster if you kill a lot. And you can be in your Titan or let it follow you or guard a place.

It's a pretty fast pace game with double jump and running on walls, cloaking and giant robots.

I think I understand the 6v6 because when there are a lot of Titans, it's pretty intense lol.

So yeah, if you can get your hands on the Beta, it is definitely worth a try.

I have a extra Xbox One key that can be turned into a PC key. I got the beta the other day and it was for xbox one. Sent them a email and they corrected the problem. Let me know if anyone is interested!

I've seen Lvlcap, Jackfrags, and a couple others play, and honestly it doesn't look too good. Fun for a while, but not a new CoD4. Also, Titans should be more special! Call one in every under 3 minutes? Just makes it another easy "killstreak." IMHO, not yet worth it. 

I've seen Lvlcap, Jackfrags, and a couple others play, and honestly it doesn't look too good. Fun for a while, but not a new CoD4. Also, Titans should be more special! Call one in every under 3 minutes? Just makes it another easy "killstreak." IMHO, not yet worth it. 

I don't think you get it, they aren't meant to be a kind of killstreak, they are MEANT to be a key part of gameplay, rather than having you on foot at all times. It's important that you can have good, constant access to them. They are incredibly easy to take down, so you have to play carefully, but they introduce a good gameplay mechanic.

I don't think you get it, they aren't meant to be a kind of killstreak, they are MEANT to be a key part of gameplay, rather than having you on foot at all times. It's important that you can have good, constant access to them. They are incredibly easy to take down, so you have to play carefully, but they introduce a good gameplay mechanic.

That's a fair point. Personally, I would have liked to see it be something that happens much less often and the opposing team would have to work together to take it down. I realize that I am not the one who made this game, so if I conveyed any unfair criticism, I apologize, but this is just my opinion. 

• 2 weeks later...