the "trickplant"

GoodKarme

ok so ive heard backplant was legal then heard it wasnt legal and then heard it was again all this in the last month or 2 of gameplay on the fa2 server and i just wanna get a offical ruling on wether its allowed or not me personally i can follow the rule either way and have shown that but imo i belive the whole map should be in play its really not a trick ive shown many people how a simple doublejump gets a engy there to set or defuse either way the double jump works fine and isint a "trick" only a few people can do everyone has dj exp or not so lets hear some thoughts ))

Not allowed. Unless they've changed that rule which I doubt.

Lol I am confused on this too because I never got a consistant answer from members when i ask them if trickplant is allowed. Maybe dare needs to say something here

Lol I am confused on this too because I never got a consistant answer from members when i ask them if trickplant is allowed. Maybe dare needs to say something here

Yeah I've seen people kicked/banned in the past for trickplanting on Oasis but Joe has spoken so now we know for sure :P

Which "trick" plant are you referring to? It also helps to mention which map you are talking about as there are numerous "trick" plants on many different maps. If you are referring to the trick plant on Oasis in front of the guns that requires 2 people (1 standing on top of the other while standing on the edge of the wall directly below the guns), this is classified as an illegal plant in all leagues. However the rules can be different on public servers. Personally I try to follow the same rulings as those placed in all major leagues (STA, ETL, TWL & Clanbase) concerning what is and is not allowed on competition maps (any maps used in league play).

There is however another trick plant that is rather difficult to make on Oasis also. This requires an engi to be on top of the guns to make and if done correctly is impossible to disarm. If the dyno is planted in just the right spot and armed it will fall down in front of the guns and become unreachable and cannot be disarmed. This is a legal plant in leagues but very difficult to make.

Next time please give more information (map name & more details on which "trick" plant you are asking about).

~Thor!

Which "trick" plant are you referring to? It also helps to mention which map you are talking about as there are numerous "trick" plants on many different maps. If you are referring to the trick plant on Oasis in front of the guns that requires 2 people (1 standing on top of the other while standing on the edge of the wall directly below the guns), this is classified as an illegal plant in all leagues. However the rules can be different on public servers. Personally I try to follow the same rulings as those placed in all major leagues (STA, ETL, TWL & Clanbase) concerning what is and is not allowed on competition maps (any maps used in league play).

There is however another trick plant that is rather difficult to make on Oasis also. This requires an engi to be on top of the guns to make and if done correctly is impossible to disarm. If the dyno is planted in just the right spot and armed it will fall down in front of the guns and become unreachable and cannot be disarmed. This is a legal plant in leagues but very difficult to make.

Next time please give more information (map name & more details on which "trick" plant you are asking about).

~Thor!

Its fun to watch nubs tryin to disarm those lol.

Its fun to watch nubs tryin to disarm those lol.

I don't have problem with it.

It just gets frustrating when only a few Axis are truly defending while the other teammates are only worried about their kill ratio's. Defending the guns isn't difficult if people are paying attention.

But, it's a public serve, it's all fun :yahoo .

I don't have problem with it.

It just gets frustrating when only a few Axis are truly defending while the other teammates are only worried about their kill ratio's.

well thats bcoz server is public and noone doesnt care about obj lol. If i want to play obj im playing scrims.